Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I have few questions to ask,so I will go right to the point(I'm sorry for my english,it isn't my native language).
In this moment I feel like I am too dumb to do anything, we had a competition today(it's based on mathematic and logic)and I pretty much sucked at it.I couldn't solve many problems,and when I had solved one,there were many logical errors in it.But sometimes,I got this euphoric moments when I can solve many problems in a row and get them also correctly done.In this phase I will be happy about this and begin to seek more information.

It seems to me,that I can't deal with the thought of not being able to solve every logical problem.And when it happens,I get into this circle of thoughts,thinking about how dumb I am and that I am too unintelligent to do even little things like washing the dishes.It gets even worse,when someone is better than I am in subjects that I really value(I try to control my ego as much as possible).
I am bad when it comes to solve problems like mathematical-logical ones,mostly because I can't deal with the thought there is only one right answer(I might be false,but I am generally talking about the school math).I really like "open" problems,problems which don't have an absolute answer.Problems where you can always put new answers and thoughts in it.Also a reason,why I like innovation and brainstorming so much.
I really appreciate biology,chemistry and physics in our school,but I know there's much more to discover except from"How does an light bulb function" .
I might just need someone who will discuss my issues rationally,analyse my problems and offer me a conclusion for it.
And my questions to you are now:
1)Do you ever got into this circle of feeling stupid?
2)What do you do when you are feeling like this?
3)Have you got any tips how I can deal with these situations/How can I prevent them?
4)Any other tips you might have?

I would appreciate help a lot!

·
Registered
283 Posts
1) Yes, in fact there was a thread a while ago where I believe every ENTP stated that.

2) I usually get distracted. Actually I suffer in pain and agony, then go "oooh, shiny". Usually when it comes to those tasks I'm decent, but not a prodigy of some kind. But very often it's usually me trying to feed my ego by saying: "Although they're better at this, I'm better than them at a lot of things. And if you rate it and add it up, my total score is higher."

3) You can't prevent them, unless you're a demigod (or a god) there will always be someone superior to you. In fact, the evolution is bound to make that happen.
-A simple way is to evaluate overall how good of a person are you. (quite subjective, but it works)
-Another thing you could do is look at how many people are stupider than you.(it's a hell of a lot)
-But an important thing is not to bitch about it, forget comparing to f****** idiots and start trying to improve yourselves. Practice, research, sharpen your skills!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1) Yes, in fact there was a thread a while ago where I believe every ENTP stated that.

2) I usually get distracted. Actually I suffer in pain and agony, then go "oooh, shiny". Usually when it comes to those tasks I'm decent, but not a prodigy of some kind. But very often it's usually me trying to feed my ego by saying: "Although they're better at this, I'm better than them at a lot of things. And if you rate it and add it up, my total score is higher."

3) You can't prevent them, unless you're a demigod (or a god) there will always be someone superior to you. In fact, the evolution is bound to make that happen.
-A simple way is to evaluate overall how good of a person are you. (quite subjective, but it works)
-Another thing you could do is look at how many people are stupider than you.(it's a hell of a lot)
-But an important thing is not to bitch about it, forget comparing to f****** idiots and start trying to improve yourselves. Practice, research, sharpen your skills!
Thank you for your post!When I am thinking about this,you're right about "Improve yourself".Instead of whining about the things I can't do,I should start improve my skills and develop new ones.My actual life goal involves such things.I want to learn and know as much as possible,explore the world with joy,gain enough experience and die happily with the thought "My life was worth living!".
Thank you very much,you gave me some hope!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts