Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know this is going to sound kind of redundant, but I really want to figure out if I am a type five or a type nine. I have read the other post on it , retaken the test multiple times, and have read two books on the subject as well, however when I take the test in the books or online, I either end up as a five or a nine and its never consistent..............

Any advice on how to get a definite answer?

One other thing worth mentioning is that I definitely show traits from both types.

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
Both types are detached, they can appear similar.

Five's explore with a sharp focus, and often go out of their comfort zone. Fives are apt to take something simple and complex far beyond (use, necessity or reason). They don't have a brake, the searching for understanding. Fear is the crutch emotion of a 5, to understand is to be competent, and able to take charge of the fear.

Nine's keep within their comfort zone, they like to simplify the complex. 9's avoid the conflict (a 5 is more likely to be argumentative) anger is the crutch of a 9. They avoid it the most of all, anger disrupts their sense of balance. 9's are more "there" than a 5.

With the way you write, I'd look towards 9 more. Perhaps 5 is the idealized part.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yep I think a type 9 kinda fits I think im going to go with 9 and see how it feels........ (lol) whoops but according to the latest test I took I could very well be a 5w6...........

Enneagram Test Results
You are most likely a type 9.
Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 5w6.

It is not clear from these test results which Enneagram type and wing you are.
To determine your true type, you might want to start by considering the types with the highest
scores on the lists below. Also, there are many fine books and other websites that contain detailed
descriptions of the types. Consulting these might give you the information you need to determine
your true type. As knowing your Enneagram type involves self-knowledge, you might want to
observe and analyze your behavior and motivations. You might also benefit from taking the test
again later.
(Note that your lowest scores may be omitted.)
Type 9 - 10.7
Type 5 - 10.3
Type 6 - 7.3
Type 2 - 7
Type 1 - 5.7
Type 8 - 5.3
Wing 5w6
Wing 9w1
Wing 9w8
Wing 6w5
Wing 1w9
Wing 8w9
Wing 5w4
Wing 2w1
Wing 1w2
Wing 6w7
Wing 2w3
Wing 8w7
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

·
Registered
6,540 Posts
Ok I know this is going to sound kind of redundant, but I really want to figure out if I am a type five or a type nine. I have read the other post on it , retaken the test multiple times, and have read two books on the subject as well, however when I take the test in the books or online, I either end up as a five or a nine and its never consistent..............

Any advice on how to get a definite answer?

One other thing worth mentioning is that I definitely show traits from both types.
I am having similar trouble typing my bf. He tests either as a 5 or 9 an equal number of times. But, I have been talking to a few people here and I am starting to think he is a 9, of an intellectual and iconoclastic type. He doesn't have the 5 abrasiveness and experiences difficulties expressing anger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts