Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, unlike most people here, I don't really throw tags like NF , TJ, I____, E____, and label people -- probably because it's not foremost on my thoughts. I've been on a hunt for local INFP girls and noticed someone on PlentyOfFish that may be a match, but most of you guys are the master at "typing" so I'll just copy and paste a bit of her profile.

If you're not busy, let me know what you think. You can label or throw any other thoughts out there. Appreciate any help~

I'm a fun-loving, warm and friendly person. I'm open-minded, and inquisitive; always looking for a deeper meaning, I like to know the "why" and "how". I love to learn new things, and am usually drawn to esoteric topics. I'm learning how to play the guitar and my progress is so exciting. I'm not athletic; I get nervous around balls and anything else that could be thrown, so in that sense I'm definitely a "girly" girl. I practice yoga, and I love being outdoors, enjoying the beauty Vancouver has to offer... We are so lucky.

I'm a music junkie. I have eclectic musical tastes (Amanda D - Artists iLike) and I steal it constantly. You can usually find me at a concert- live music is very important to me. I love taking photographs; I view the world as an endless photo opportunity. I'm drawn to the aesthetically beautiful, so the arts in general are crucial to my existence. I'm a very social person, and I like to attend cultural events as much as possible, but a night in, relaxed or time alone is just as enjoyable. I'd like to see the world, and immerse myself in other cultures. I've done some traveling, mostly in Europe, but I dream of Africa, India, Japan...

If you know what you want, have a twinkle in your eye, are witty and say what you mean, strive for change and growth, can express and deal with emotions, enjoy the right moment of silence, appreciate the arts, are considerate, if music is your outlet, if you’re passionate, have a fresh perspective, if you know that the possibilities in life are endless, a “teacher” who has intellectual ideas and interests, if you like to entertain, like to observe, analyze and interpret the world and appreciate the minute details, if conflict is only a small part of your life, you are slow to anger, if you have integrity, are flirtatious, and inspired… You are ideal.

I have meaningful relationships with the people in my life. I'm a dreamer, I'm intuitive and I trust my instincts. I'm gray as opposed to black and white. I love to laugh and be silly. I'm not looking for love, because life is love.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I would guess ENFP before INFP, but she could be something else totally. I have a hard time typing that way.

Reactions: Lad

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would guess ENFP before INFP, but she could be something else totally. I have a hard time typing that way.
Good call, after re-reading, I can see why you'd say ENFP. Sneaking off into all the other possible types is like mind-blowing to me though.

Thanks for the feedback~

Reactions: Vaka

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I'd suggest ENFJ actually. I think you'd need to communicate more to determine actual dom & aux functions.

Reactions: Lad

·
Registered
375 Posts
I am feeling quite certain in saying ENFP, my friend. The dominant function here appears to be Extraverted Intuition followed by Introverted Feeling, which is the inverse of the INFP, and would indicate the ENFP.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am feeling quite certain in saying ENFP, my friend. The dominant function here appears to be Extraverted Intuition followed by Introverted Feeling, which is the inverse of the INFP, and would indicate the ENFP.
Could you give examples of what sentences show use of extraverted feeling and sentences that show use of introverted intuition? Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
I got an ENFx feeling also. But possibly J before P as OrangeAppled said.

But more importantly, don't seek an INFP, just seek someone you connect with :happy: If you weren't interested in this girl you wouldn't have asked, so contact her! doesn't matter what her type is...

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got an ENFx feeling also. But possibly J before P as OrangeAppled said.

But more importantly, don't seek an INFP, just seek someone you connect with :happy: If you weren't interested in this girl you wouldn't have asked, so contact her! doesn't matter what her type is...
Thanks for the response.

I'm not necessarily seeking out an INFP out just for a relationship, but just out of general curiosity. They seem pretty elusive. But ya, I did shoot her a line before I posted here, so we'll see how she responds and I'll toss that up on here as well. I'm a little morally conflicted on on that, but there's no malicious intent implied.

Thanks for all the feedback guys~
I'll have to learn my letters better.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Could you give examples of what sentences show use of extraverted feeling and sentences that show use of introverted intuition? Thanks
Calypso (and Lad, this writing is also directed to you, after this paragraph) , the Extraverted Feeling and Introverted Intuition that you mention are the dominant and auxiliary functions of the ENFJ, and I was saying that I believe that here is exhibited the Extraverted Intuition and Introverted Feeling of an ENFP. I will give some examples to demonstrate why:

The profile of this person uses a lot of language that suggests Extraverted Intuition and the use of P (Perceiving). First, I see the Extraverted Intuition suggested by the first sentences about inquisitiveness, looking for deeper meaning, and wanting to understand the why and the how. Also, the phrasing used to describe her view of the photographic world as having endless opportunity, and a desire to experience many different cultures is an Extraverted Intuitive feature...and in general the profile suggests a focus on possibilities, eclecticism, and curiosity. The P (Perceiving) aspect here to me appears to be that there isn't an emphasis in predictability and specifically planned goals. The interests and pursuits include words like "new" and "endless" and instead of saying which country she wants to visit next she says, "Africa, India, Japan..." with the ellipsis. She appears open-ended, a Perceiver trait. This combined with the dominant Extraverted Intuition function spells out ENFP if my observations are correct.

The auxiliary Introverted Feeling here is seen in her conclusion. She wraps up by sharing characteristics that she values, which, when looked at carefully, show what importance she places on noble values in combination with the Extraverted Intuitive features of having a fresh perspective, and knowing that the possbilities in life are endless. She is stating that as open-minded and curious she is about life, she knows what she values, and what she receives into her life must be in line with her values. This demonstrates dominant Extraverted Intuition followed by auxiliary Introverted Feeling.

To figure out the MBTI type of someone, you preferably should learn the 8 functions first, because when you determine the demonstrated functions you can align it with the MBTI type. ENFP and ENFJ have very different cognitive function profiles, even though they often "come across" as quite the same. The determinating factor is the exhibited cognitive functions.

It strikes me as somewhat funny that this girl doesn't realize that there are a bunch of people on an internet forum psycho-analyzing her even though we don't know who she is.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There's no way I can back this up factually but she seems immature and insecure to me... aside from the "I am a saucy little minx" and T&A photos, she seems to be going out of her way to appear ~artsy and intelligent~... I don't know, I'm being harsh, what's she like in conversation?
I'd say she has some good conversational depth to her, pretty talkative, doesn't seem to have many friends, etc etc.

The reason why I posted her is because I actually tested her on the basic Myer Briggs test (told her to go do it) and she came out as an INFP -- which kind of baffled me to be honest. Although I can see a few similarities.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Hmm... maybe she was trying to make herself more appealing for whoever browses her profile... interesting, though. I kind of want to see how this will unfold }:-D

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'd say she has some good conversational depth to her, pretty talkative, doesn't seem to have many friends, etc etc.

The reason why I posted her is because I actually tested her on the basic Myer Briggs test (told her to go do it) and she came out as an INFP -- which kind of baffled me to be honest. Although I can see a few similarities.
This made me have a good lol moment. I was actually just thinking to myself yesterday, "I bet Lad will start talking to a girl on that site and just tell her to take the MBTI test," and voila, you did! That simplifies things nicely, heh.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This made me have a good lol moment. I was actually just thinking to myself yesterday, "I bet Lad will start talking to a girl on that site and just tell her to take the MBTI test," and voila, you did! That simplifies things nicely, heh.
Haha, that's definitely the simple way to go about it.

It's funny, I got her phone number in record time, got her facebook, everything. I was always so curious about a local INFP girl, we chatted a lot, but romantically... just can't pull the trigger. I still think I'll know the girl for a long time to come though.

When I figure out how to delete this thread, or it fades into a distance page, I'll ask her to hop on this site.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts