Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being born in '78, and growing up in the 80's and 90's, I heard Genesis radio staples all the time. I always just thought they were a boring adult contemporary or pop band of boring old fogies. I only heard their stuff from the 80's over and over again. I thought that was all Genesis was. It was in more recent years that I discovered the 4 albums from 1970-1973 (Trespass, Nursery Cryme, Foxtrot, Selling England By the Pound). Its good interesting prog rock imo. Peter Gabriel was the singer. Now I even enjoy some of their stuff all the way up to 1980 with Phil Collins singing. But nothing after 1980.

·
Registered
ENFJ 2w3 7w6 8w9 sx/so — The Free Spirit —
3,333 Posts
Dude Peter Gabriel Genesis is the best! You should check out Yes if you haven't!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
266 Posts
They do have some real gems from the Peter Gabriel era. I'm into Phil Collins too, though. Blood on the Rooftops (Wind & Wuthering) and Cul-de-sac (Duke) being my favourites by him with Genesis.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5 sp/so
1,605 Posts
Born in the '86. Genesiss' "Land of Confusion" and Peter Gabriel's "War without Frontiers" are my favs thus far.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,889 Posts
Being born in '78, and growing up in the 80's and 90's, I heard Genesis radio staples all the time. I always just thought they were a boring adult contemporary or pop band of boring old fogies. I only heard their stuff from the 80's over and over again. I thought that was all Genesis was. It was in more recent years that I discovered the 4 albums from 1970-1973 (Trespass, Nursery Cryme, Foxtrot, Selling England By the Pound). Its good interesting prog rock imo. Peter Gabriel was the singer. Now I even enjoy some of their stuff all the way up to 1980 with Phil Collins singing. But nothing after 1980.
Back then, Phil Collins was still playing the drums.

Reactions: Ock and Phil

·
Registered
ENFJ 2w3 7w6 8w9 sx/so — The Free Spirit —
3,333 Posts
Reactions: Ock

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reactions: tanstaafl28

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let me specify, early Yes. The 80s ruined Yes just like a lot of other Prog bands.
I almost kinda assumed that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts