Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
Not really. I do that too, especially when I was younger. I would listen to only one band until I get tired of them, then I'll just not listen to them for a long time.

Reactions: devoid and Stephen

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I listen to everything, even the sound of my mom nagging. XD

Reactions: BusinessMan

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,867 Posts
I have my obsessive passions like any good NTP but when it comes to music I crave a wider experience, one band would never do it for me no matter how much I love them.

I have much love for Muse, Metallica, Keane, Agolloch and a bunch of symphonic style metal bands which I'll listen to over and over again, but not to the exclusion of others. If I find an album or song I like it'll be on repeat for a while, but I'm talking a day or two, not month.

1,636 Posts
I have my obsessive passions like any good NTP but when it comes to music I crave a wider experience, one band would never do it for me no matter how much I love them.

I have much love for Muse, Metallica, Keane, Agolloch and a bunch of symphonic style metal bands which I'll listen to over and over again, but not to the exclusion of others. If I find an album or song I like it'll be on repeat for a while, but I'm talking a day or two, not month.
I do like your taste

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
It depends. I've done it before, but that's only when it's challenging music that once you finally get becomes a lot more addicting. I still usually sneak in a couple other artists every now and then, but I'm a music fiend and can't help but saturate myself with music.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I'm really into Munford and Sons (British Folk Rock), and some other obscure hipsteresque bands like "Modest Mouse", "Magna Carta" , and "Cake". That shit. Mainly Mumford and Sons though.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
I am a music guy, but if I find something new (or old) that I like, yeah, I'll listen to them over and over for a few weeks. Then it's back to Bon era AC/DC and Waylon. Lately I've been stuck on this synth pop band Chromatics.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I get obsessed with a genre or band for weeks at a time. I just came out of a Kings of Convenience, Jose Gonzalez, Florence & the Machine, and Iron & Wine phase. I'm eagerly awaiting my next musical obsession.

During my phases I tend to only listen to the bands I'm obsessed with, but once I lose the obsession I don't listen to them for a while.

·
Registered
817 Posts
i only listen to 1 band. im about a month strong and i listen to the mars volta every day. is that weird? does anyone else do this and if you did, what band would it be?
I went through my own Mars Volta phase. I still love them but until I added more variety I was stuck believing nothing else could define my tastes any better. Now it's six artists primarily.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
I listen to so many types of music now, I can't even imagine just getting by with one. That "what 1 CD would you take with you on a deserted island and you couldn't listen to anything else?" question is such a quandary. Though I do know what likely it would be, I'd not be listening to it every day that's for sure. But then, when I first buy something awesome which is pretty much every day for a little while as long as I have other things in between.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't think I could ever only listen to one band, maybe for like a day or two, but I'd have to really force myself.

However, if i did, it would probably be Mercury Rev, Black Moth Super Rainbow, or Times New Viking.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone else have trouble listening to the same track more than once in a row? I just can't do it - it kills the song completely for me. With music I require new stimulation constantly in typical ENTP fashion

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Well, yeah. Sometimes a song just gives me goosebumps and I fall in love with the band. I never really stick to one band though, but I have listened to the same song for over 20 times. Current addiction; If I had a Gun by The Atomic Bitchwax.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Same as this person right here *Highfive! :D
Coincidentally, I belong to the Gorillaz/Linkin Park group of listeners when I was younger (with a healthy dose of boy bands).

Nowadays, though, I do tend to fall into musical phases, ranging from rap to classical to rockabilly to pure rock, and these phases come and go. So I tend to listen to one genre obsessively, and then pass it on.

I could never imagine staying with one band.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.