Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I probably do for something I've said by this point in time, but you're not going to get it.

So besides the above example, what do you feel people owe you an apology for? It can be broad or it can be specific.

If you wish, what do you believe you owe others an apology for?

·
Registered
569 Posts
i guess i do owe some people an apology. first of all there are quite a lot of people who haven't heard from me in a long time. i have so many accounts and i dont normally check them all so it seems like i have either abandoned the account or am ignoring the people who are my friends on that site. so im sorry for being away so long, i will try to do better (not to you, i am apologizing to the people i know on other sites)

i also feel i must apologize to my family, i think i am only making things harder for them especially my mom. its a little more than just making things harder for them, but i dont want to go into it for fear of it being taken as complaining. either way i owe them an apology.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Oh I've got a whole bunch of people who owe me an apology and never will apologize, which makes me angry no matter how long ago it was.

My boss owes me a HUGE apology for firing me just because she was in a mad mood and I made a mistake at the wrong time. So now I'm poor and barely employed just because my boss was mad one day.

My parents owe me an apology for sending me to be abused every Sunday evening at a church program whose leaders supported all the bullies in the group.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5
176 Posts
I owe you an apology for snapping at you because I was moody.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
I feel I owe an apology to everyone here. A lot of these depressing, self-pity, "nobody likes me" posts I've been making mainly have to do with Perc and the people here, since this is pretty much all I have for a social life. My posts are always, "me me me me me." I know nobody likes someone who only cares about themself. I want people to come to me and make an effort to genuinely want to know me, but I don't do the same thing for others. Perhaps everyone feels the same way I do about it. Anyway, I know it's wrong of me to think nobody cares for me, especially with all the thanks I get. I guess I just want more than thanks.

Anyway, sorry all of my posts are so self absorbed. I won't promise they'll stop. I do have a deep need to care greatly for myself since nobody else cares greatly for me. Not that they need to.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I need to apologize for my random fits of cynicism.
The world needs to apologize for instilling it in me.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I don't really like saying other's owe me apologies. I make it my business to deal with what the world throws at me (including other people) and even if it hurts and I throw a hissy fit about it, I get there in the end.

I owe the world an apology, somebody has to and half of us are too stubborn.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I don't see why people apologize to me half the time. No harm, no foul. There's only one instance way back I can verily say I want an apology for......from many people. Though I have a feeling that's not enough for me, karmic justice seems to be better suited to what I want for them. Eh, what's the point?

I owe an apology to a couple people. First and foremost to that guy......Sorry I wasn't there when you needed me most, you lost your father way to soon. That sucks, and incomparable to a lot of shit. You seem to be doing better, but there's still signs you're dealing with the loss. I'll get back to you when I get back home, probably with a 24 case in hand.

To her......we have an interesting past together, still think about the what ifs every once in a blue moon. I'm glad you finally found someone that won't go behind your back. Heh, better that he used to be a good friend of mine. I'll make up for my screw up eventually, just waiting for a chance really. Guess I'm still trying to forgive myself for putting you through so much.

There's more I could go for, but I think it's time to lock up this labyrinth of thoughts and feelings.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The people who apologize to me often don't need to.
Some of them expect an apology in return. I usually provide one out of common courtesy.
The people who need to, don't apologize. Or don't honestly repent.

If I wronged someone, they probably instigated it. Besides, I probably did the majority of the wronging in my head.

·
Banned
2,025 Posts
A boss owes me an apology for being abusive and then firing me. But maybe he's dead by now (which would be fine with me). Also, some relatives and former friends should apologize for calling me names and gossipping about me. I could think of other folks who hurt me without justification, but this puts me in a bad mood.

Reactions: Lad

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I feel I owe an apology to everyone here. A lot of these depressing, self-pity, "nobody likes me" posts I've been making mainly have to do with Perc and the people here, since this is pretty much all I have for a social life. My posts are always, "me me me me me." I know nobody likes someone who only cares about themself. I want people to come to me and make an effort to genuinely want to know me, but I don't do the same thing for others. Perhaps everyone feels the same way I do about it. Anyway, I know it's wrong of me to think nobody cares for me, especially with all the thanks I get. I guess I just want more than thanks.

Anyway, sorry all of my posts are so self absorbed. I won't promise they'll stop. I do have a deep need to care greatly for myself since nobody else cares greatly for me. Not that they need to.
I don't want to ruin your apology but I like your posts and I don't think they rise to the level of self-absorption. Shit happens and it's hard to deal with.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I never believe that someone "owes" an apology. It's a way to signify regret; if they don't apologize for something they did, they either don't understand the impact or they don't actually hold regret. Once the former is dealt with, the latter is the core of what makes the apology worth anything.

I have a long list of things I hate, but people apologizing when they don't mean it is right up there in the top 20.

On the other hand, I do love a heartfelt apology.

The trick is, if you force an apology on the grounds that you believe you are "owed" one, you're not guarenteed one that's actually worth anything. Then again, I suppose that could be used as an effective bait to scout out their sincerity, but that's beside the point.

Reactions: Lad

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I feel like I should apologize to myself for all the shit I've needlessly put me through over the years.

As for apologizing to other people... I don't really apologize.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I owe everyone an apology for my lack of trust.. for unleashing my anxiety and fears upon the world..

I owe my sister and brother.. especially my sister, who struggled alone for so long because of my selfishness.. my brother for not being the role-model he needed until he was a teen..
I owe my now deceased cat Kiki, for not protecting her from the danger I knew she was in.
I owe my past, present, and future loves for not being there when they need me.. for not seeing things clearly..
I owe my grandmother for being so stubborn..
I owe my parents for allowing them to become the bad guys..
I owe my ex bff for not giving her a reason for why I walked away..

·
Registered
43 Posts
I apologize to my dad because I failed to tell him that his existence and our connection had such significance to my growth. He touched so many others in a similar way... I apologize that I didn't make sure he was aware of this impact he had much sooner.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I owe an apology to all my friends who I've ever doubted. I owe an apology to my parents for being a bad daughter sometimes. I owe an apology to my current boyfriend for my lack of self-esteem and trust in the relationship (at times).

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
apology part II:
I apologize for lashing out and not building bridges but expecting others to understand or know how to relate to me when I didn't give them anything to work with
I apologize to my parents for not giving them more to work with so they can relax more
I apologize to my parents for not being accountable
I apologize to myself for not being on top of my shit
I apologize to my teachers for perhaps not living up to the potential they saw in me; i will do better this term.
I apologize for letting projects, goals, and direction escape me as I became immersed in thoughts and plans and worries and sadness
I'm sorry to the boys that I never call back. Kind of.
Sorry to my friends that I'm not always my best self.
Sorry to myself for limiting myself and not being as happy as I could be when I have a lot to be happy about.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts