Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this has already been done, my searching yielded me nothing.

Would you lovely people be so kind as to explain to me what you were like as children? (forms of expression, human/social interaction, impulsive vs thoughtful, subjects along those lines)

Just trying to gather some information.

:ninja:

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Playful, apparently I never stopped talking. I loved building dens and other things with stuff I found (I spent most of year 6 mining clay with my friends and building a giant clay ball, we even had a competition with another team doing the same thing). I was also immediately drawn to anything shiny. I used to walk into girls' jewellery shops just to stare at everything. Oh, and I doodled a lot in my spare time, often I'd draw things as gifts to my family.

Reactions: Skinnyman

·
Registered
87 Posts
Immersed in make-believe with toys, for days on end sometimes hahah
Loved being outside, getting dirty, digging for worms, climbing trees
Had a deep care & love for animals and nature
I loved the non-fiction section of the library,I had such a thirst for knowledge about nature
I loved drawing and making up stories
Movies were my favorite thing in the entire world (Lion King, Tarzan, Finding Nemo<3)
I had a few very close friends
I could be really aggressive in sports and games at times
Adults made me nervous, getting yelled at was one of my worst fears
I did well in school
Very impulsive, still am
Rebellious against girl stereotypes, I didn't understand why I couldn't play with trucks and wear a pair sweatpants and a t-shirt everyday, I would have a fit if my mom put me in anything pink or with bows :D I have no clue why I did that

This is all I can remember off the top of my head :p Hope it helps!

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Immersed in make-believe with toys, for days on end sometimes hahah
Loved being outside, getting dirty, digging for worms, climbing trees
Had a deep care & love for animals and nature
I loved the non-fiction section of the library,I had such a thirst for knowledge about nature
I loved drawing and making up stories
Movies were my favorite thing in the entire world (Lion King, Tarzan, Finding Nemo<3)
I had a few very close friends
I could be really aggressive in sports and games at times
Adults made me nervous, getting yelled at was one of my worst fears
I did well in school
Very impulsive, still am
Rebellious against girl stereotypes, I didn't understand why I couldn't play with trucks and wear a pair sweatpants and a t-shirt everyday, I would have a fit if my mom put me in anything pink or with bows :D I have no clue why I did that

This is all I can remember off the top of my head :p Hope it helps!
I relate to all of this too! I was always rebellious against stereotypes too. People kept trying to get me into sports but I completely refused. xD Especially football, couldn't stand it (still can't).

Reactions: Skinnyman

·
Registered
33 Posts
I relate to all of this too! I was always rebellious against stereotypes too. People kept trying to get me into sports but I completely refused. xD Especially football, couldn't stand it (still can't).
True,i hated football too (and most of other sports),i was really playful concerning other things,like building stuff with my LEGO's,playing old nintendo games,loved animals and cant really remember anything else for now :laughing:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was a hellion. My mom had a kid leash because I would wander around stores. I escaped from vacation bible camp numerous times and ended up getting lost in town. I was unsupervised most of the time. My old man bought me a Honda ATC 125cc three wheeler when I was 10. I used to get it stuck in swamps and do wheelies and other dangerous stunts. I used to do other stupid kid things: play with gasoline, fireworks, firearms, etc. Battle with my cousins. Battle the kids of my mom's friends. I used to build squirrel traps with the power tools that were "off limits". Climb trees, drive around in a go-kart. I used to play hockey year round for 14 years. Haha. I had a good childhood.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was a hellion. My mom had a kid leash because I would wander around stores. I escaped from vacation bible camp numerous times and ended up getting lost in town. I was unsupervised most of the time. My old man bought me a Honda ATC 125cc three wheeler when I was 10. I used to get it stuck in swamps and do wheelies and other dangerous stunts. I used to do other stupid kid things: play with gasoline, fireworks, firearms, etc. Battle with my cousins. Battle the kids of my mom's friends. I used to build squirrel traps with the power tools that were "off limits". Climb trees, drive around in a go-kart. I used to play hockey year round for 14 years. Haha. I had a good childhood.
hahahah omg this sounds like me!
An impulsive, pyro, wild, adventurous child
I would soak tennis balls in rubbing alcohol, light them on fire, and play catch with them
Or went fishing in a storm drain with salami, yarn, and a stick (yes, I did catch a fish :D)
ahhhh the adventures!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Bad with sports and prone to hayfever, I didn't like the outdoors around my house that much, except for bike riding. I was a lovable kid who loved people; lots of touching, recess spent playing on the rocks (who cares if it's against the rules! if you don't get caught, you don't get in trouble). I liked 'adventuring' with my magic rainbow pen wand, building intricate little towns out of books, lego, generally anything I was allowed to have, for my pokemon figurines. I wasn't shy at all until I met one of my best friends, who I felt outshone me, and that I suppose is why I'm more reserved now. I was given a lot of freedom with reasonable boundaries, so I got to act on impulse a lot, which led to thoughtful 'i should have done this' time later. I was great academically, socially bright, though I've always felt a lot more mature than the others my own age.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Playful, apparently I never stopped talking. I loved building dens and other things with stuff I found (I spent most of year 6 mining clay with my friends and building a giant clay ball, we even had a competition with another team doing the same thing). I was also immediately drawn to anything shiny. I used to walk into girls' jewellery shops just to stare at everything. Oh, and I doodled a lot in my spare time, often I'd draw things as gifts to my family.
Er... About the clay thing. I used to do that in Year 6 too :s i even vaguely remember another team doing it... We used to hide it under a ramp when break times ended...

Lol!

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Er... About the clay thing. I used to do that in Year 6 too :s i even vaguely remember another team doing it... We used to hide it under a ramp when break times ended...

Lol!
We both live in the UK too. o_O Huh. I think we hid it in a bush somewhere. We even had a team leader who used to tell us where to dig and where to put everything. Fun times!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Extremely quiet and reserved with strangers. Hated to be in the center of attention. Hated to "create" stuff in school because I didn't want people to know what's inside of me. Made friends easily, was liked. I wasn't bad in any subject. I was quite sporty. Loved certain sports. Me and my best friend, an I/ENFP, rarely had a dull moment. We're still close. We did things in contrary to many other girls in our class.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Pretty much the same as I am now..

Introverted, quiet and shy
Moody, temperamental and moany
In love with nature and animals
Very sensitive
Playful and childish
I used to pretend to be a horse?
I liked playing with barbies and animal models...and farm models.

So, pretty much the same as now...except for the horse thing lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hmm, let's see.
Quiet with groups and strangers but talkative with family.
Not social at all, prefered to be alone and didn't really had any friends and didn't care much about it either.
Prefered to be outside playing or building stuff or read or paint/draw.
I was restless and always had to do things.
Very sensitive, both emotional and for sensory stuff.
Helpfull and friendly and took care of both pets and hurted wild animals. I also had a little garden of my own I took care of.
If I heard or read anything I didn't understod I had to find out what it meant.
Hmm can't think of anything more right now.
Hehe the funny thing is that I'm the same now too :p

·
Registered
456 Posts
I was extroverted, high spirited, sensitive, bossy, selfish and emotionally expressive.

Very different than what I am now. Thank you order-loving J mother. :p

·
Registered
365 Posts
I was very quiet and shy, hardly speaking, and sitting quietly in the corner amusing myself by daydreaming. I would hardly ever speak to anyone, unless they were a close friend, then I would never shut up.
My best friend and I used to ride our bikes all over the place.
Never liked sports a whole lot.
Always loved cars.
Always fascinated with my heritage.
Always loved listening to music.
Never did anything to get in trouble for.
Always very sensitive and had heaps of empathy, I'd even get more upset than my little brother did when he got into trouble (which he did, regularly)

Not a whole lot of that has changed...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was pretty quiet, shy. Really loved art, and was easily influenced by others. :'D Also, it seems I was INCREDIBLY oblivious to everything happening around me. I remember my best friend I've known since primary school talking about how she had a crush on this one guy, and how it was SO obvious, an every knew.
I had no idea. |D;; My bad! I was probably too involved in my own little world to realise.

·
Registered
ISFP (ESI-Se)
735 Posts
When I was a kid I was very extroverted (not with adults, I was super shy around adults I didn't know) and very popular. It could be argued that I was the most popular girl in elementary school. I had a small "clique" of around 5 girls and the occasional boy.

I did very well in school, I excellent in every courses. The only class I had trouble with was French, I ended up with As in every other class. I was especially gifted in art and english. Though I always drew and wrote about cats.. I had quite the cat fixation.

I was quite the cat person! I had pet cats from a very young age (around 3, I believe) and I was really connected to them. My cats were like my best friends. They would sleep with me, play with me, chase me around... I had quite the affinity for cats. My elementary teacher's actually thought there was something wrong with me because of how obsessed I was with cats.

I was quite emotionally unstable. I would get upset very often, especially at my friends. I can recall once, one of my friends stole another friend's bike and I was very upset. One friend forgave the other and I was still mad, I got mad at both of them because of it. I thought stealing a bike was just /wrong/. I was also very paranoid. I constantly thought people disliked me, especially friends of my friends.

I also have some body issues. I obsessed over the bags under my eyes, which caused me to think I was unattractive. In reality I am an attractive, cute girl. I also recall a boy telling me that I had a "muffin top" (I definitely did not), which eventually caused me to become slightly anorexic.

I was very boy crazy as well. From 2 years old I was chasing boys. I had a best friend who I got "married to" when I was 3. I got "married" to my other best friend when I was 4. I dated boys in every year of elementary school. I would get fairly obsessed, not over the boy but the relationship. I loved the drama that came with the relationships. I loved drama.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was generally shy and was very attached to my mom. I had a blanket, which was very important to me, I would sniff it and suck my thumb. I liked to take things apart so I could try to figure out how they worked, usually this involved a hammer. While I was good a sports, I didn't do well in the team environment due to my sensitivity and lack of competitive spirit. I loved riding my bike and the feeling of going fast. I also liked to "play with matches" and got tremendous pleasure from mild pyromania. Unlike my sister, I was so scared of the dentist, or even getting Iodine put on a cut-I remember just wanting to be brave like her.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
There were two modes, kind of like how I am now. Most of the time I daydreamed alot, played alone, got lost in books and made imaginary worlds with legos. But then I could get rowdy and run around the house with my friends. I was really, really wild and full of energy during those times.

I never expressed myself much except I was alwlays doodling on the sides of my schoolpapers. Not pictures really, mostly abstract stuff. (no wonder I'm attracted to abstract art today.) I was allways very knowledgeable and ahead of the other kids when it came to reading. Mostly, I kept to myself and didn't really have alot of friends except for a few close ones.

I also had a pretty mean temper apparently. I never threw tantrums, but I would just get really pissed off and upset and turn bright red.

Looking back on it, not a lot has changed haha. I'm still oscilating between calm and introspective and wild and untamed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts