Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Happy future readings. Let's focus on the present now.

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

Most important Q, so I'm moving it to the top.

Alpha. Fe-Ti Si-Ne in some order. The idea of a thinking type has been proposed, and that blew my head against the wall. Really? Don't I focus too much on people or discuss my feelings too much to be considered so? I am a logical human being, but is that really my core driving force? Don't I get too intimidated during a logical conversation out of fear of incompetence? I do better when I am knowledge about a topic. I would have said yes many moons ago, but many perceived me as emotional, so I reconsidered and could see it. Still, others perceived me as logical. "Ha, ha", I said. I am not. But I'm willing to reconsider that idea.

If a feeler, xSFJ. I don't think I'm a dominate Fe at all. Too detached to really be one. I'd like to an intuitive, to be a rare something few can say about themselves, and, admittingly, to be something others would respect me for on this forum. Shallow, I know, or is it close minded to perceive such desires as shallow? I don't feel like I fit in on the ISFJ board, but what the hell, we're all snowflakes right? If so, quite alright. Keep on being me.

As a footnote, last attempts were a failed INFJ attempt (lol). I really suck. If you read my previous questionnaires and see inconsistencies, that's why. Some of my natural cognition still leaked through, however. I promise this time, everything is unbiased, and if I view biased, I will edit.

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

18-24. You can figure my sex through the little venus icon. Pointless question. Possibly, yes. Anxiety and depression, bleh, they're not severe, at least not to the level they were at one point in my life. I'm not where I want to be in life, and feel if I was, I'd be a much different person. Maybe still lazy. I lost my true self along the way. I don't feel like answering my mental state rn.

I answered these out of order. Figure the correct ordering out for yourself.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?

Definitely the first. Past perceptions have not changed. The water is calm and peaceful, nice for swimming, but I gravitate towards the sky. Beautiful colors. Intergalactic. What's beyond that sky? I see aliens. Let's tear it down so it can reveal itself.

The second bores me. I've seen it before, a million times, on the cover of best seller books, in romance films, and at obligated work and family parties I never wanted to attend. Yawn. Mush.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?

Describing myself through a cover letter will not give you an accurate perception of who I am. Is anyone really honest in a cover letter? There are idealized perceptions of what an employer is looking for. I modify my perceptions of myself to fit that mold. It's potentially dishonest and misleading, but until I can change the social structure (by deleting it entirely), I gotta fend for myself.

I never know how to answer "who are you?" Not directly anyway... only when subconsciously triggered do I explain my inner workings. I know who I am, but it's constantly unraveling and exploring itself. You never change. You just find experiences, people, ideas that build on aspects of yourself until you are a well rounded human being with lots of depth and complexity.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

I would like to be more confident. I believe I will never be 100% confident, which is unhealthy for anyone. We have to be aware of our flaws and shortcomings to improve upon ourselves. Criticism is useful, when helpful and valid in it's aim. If I could stuff the inner critic and fears of unacceptance a bit further into myself, life would be good, but those aspects have always been inherently and innately attached to my persona. They'll never die.

I would like to be genuinely intellectual, competent, and satisfied with my life or where it goes. I am on the fence. At times I want to fit a certain standard and be "what I ought to be", and other times I'm apathetic about whether or not I fit convention. I feel this is a reflection of current life satisfaction, as I know a conventional life sounds boring. I want to be open minded, expansive, creative, in depth, mutlifaceted and complex. I'd like to create new discoveries. I would never want to be inherently unlikable, unfunny, boring, mundane, close minded, incapable, the lowest common denominator or the "less fortunate" (I'd have to deeply explain that one)or cold and careless. As for the latter, I would if my emotions were absent, non existent, deleted from my DNA. That would be awesome. Alas, they are not, so I don't want to be careless or insensitive towards others, but I also don't want to be sappy sweet bunny kitten either.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

Yes and no. I used to others' perceptions must be true until I noticed the fluctuating, contradicting nature of the variety of opinions I received from others. It's better now to weigh if what one says is true or untrue, and use the truth to expand upon myself and burn the false news reports or better yet, not read them. I don't watch Fox News due to it's bs, so I try to ignore BS in effort to make the opinions fall the ground. If there's no audience, the studio becomes bankrupt, therefore closing up shop and abandoning future material.

I've heard stupid, dumb, open minded, close minded, sweet, bitch, weird, normal, boring, interesting. There are consistent things I've heard that stand out as truth, but I cbf to share at this time. Maybe in the future. All I know if that others opinions and perceptions of myself are fascinating and I enjoy their interpretations, regardless of intent or origin, but sometimes that butt hurt gets to me.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.

I took the values test; it was long and tedious, but interesting. I don't feel like taking it again.

As for values, what's important in life? To understand it, to figure it out, and to solve it. Life is always changing. One could even say life is relative or merely a perception or projection of oneself in one's mind. Logically, that's highly unlikely, but we can't prove that, so I have that perception as default and play with it. We'll never understand life fully, so I just see where it goes, where it will take me.

I also value environmentalism, ethical things, like justice, feminism, but I bounce around with them. I've been vegan 300 times. I'm not now, but maybe someday. I like freedom of expression and thought, independence, curiosity. Compassion for our fellow man. Perspective gathering and understanding. Success, but in my own terms. Perhaps my perceptions of success are influenced by externalized, preconceived notions. Who knows, but I know when I've succeeded.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

When completely unexpected and negative, I panic. Squee. Then try to rationalize it to take the next logical step (by considering every fragment and fraction of a problem) in order to promote smooth sailing. Maybe through perspective changing or shifting. Something may suck, but attitude can make a bad situation an illusion of joy and wonder. We can say absolutely no situation is good or bad; it's all about how you perceive it that matters. You can view anything as good or bad through your own merit.

In some new situations, it's excitement, or ambivalence. I always try to adapt to situations, or just simply live them and see where things take me. It depends on the situations. I want to see whatever I can get out of a situation; all it's variants. Get the most out of them, even if the most out of them is sitting in doors in solitude and not physically experiencing it. ;P See, it's all in perspective.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I'd rather share video footage than explain it. It depends on the stressful situation and how imperative it is to my mental well being. A healthy stress can motivate me, direct me towards change and improvement. I want to break it down, rationalize it, and understand what's really going on so I can take steps to move myself more closely towards the goal or solution.

Bad stress, that depends. Sometimes I blow up and make a fool out of myself. I prefer to be alone and become a vegetable until I decompress and recharge into a new being. I get very lazy, very distracted, and I can't get myself to do anything. Whatsoever. Everything falls right through me.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

Depends on the situation. Stimulated? Engaged? Mentally exploitative, inquiring. I always hated that about myself... why can't I be fun the "normal" way? Maybe focused. In a concert I don't move much... I let everything soak into me, so I can absorb it and really feel it transcend within my being. Other times I'm reckless, doing whatever, giving no fucks. Putting my feet in a pond in winter. Trying new things. All over the place, frenetic insanity. Just go with it, just do it.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

One on one interaction is deeper, and more focused with less information to keep track of. You're getting to know the person on a fundamental level. More will be disclosed or revealed. Group interaction is observing each individual, or meshing with the overall energy and being apart of it. Perhaps bouncing ideas off of each other. Perhaps an office group setting. Are we talking formal or informal here?

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

None of the examples are important. Social rules are misleading. When I was 9 I read a book on manners and implemented what I learned, realizing what I did made others uncomfortable in certain contexts. It's not about the rule or what's appropriate, but what genuinely makes others comfortable. Tradition is boring.

I see people as fractions or fragments of a whole, all individuals with their own separate needs, merging together collectively to form a society. Perhaps a society itself should be abolished. Would it run smoothly without rules? I suppose no, but I'd like to trial run it, to see if it would work. Maybe harmful ideas would no longer be infringed. But we are all society. Society is people. Everything we say is a reflection of society, as we are that thing. We live together, we are connected to each other. We respond to each other. We can cut off from each other, but society is what makes life run and work. Society brings us buildings, scientific findings and studies, technology, money, all our current and future developments. We may not interact with each other. You may be a hermit, but as a person, you are a fragment of society as a whole. It will bear it's ugly head and thrust it's identity upon you for the rest of your life.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

Authority is the force that tells you what to do and expects you to follow it. I think authority should be questioned, and when harmful or ineffective, it should be changed or critiqued. Authority lumps people together too much; I wish it was more individualistic. However, I usually respect authority, and think most people over react to it. I was the kid who got along with teachers better than her peers.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

Order is linear, predictable, sequential, expected, organized, arrayed in a neat, nice line or mannerism. You find your things. You know how things are. Everything is smooth. Order makes sense of the world. Chaos is frenetic. Zany. Disorganized. Everything flowing and bubbling at once in a multitude of directions. Nonsensical. What we expect things to be are no longer reality. People are fighting in a peaceful commune. Trees are fish. Schools are burnt down. 2+2=95. Flurry. Hurricane. You can't sort it.

I like chaos. It feels natural; it's inconsistent. I'm running around doing whatever. It inspires creativity and passion and prevents stale, mundane living. Sometimes I like to rush, to not know. But I need order, or I would never find anything, wouldn't accomplish anything, and would be unable to orient myself or make sense of anything. Chaos is fun. Order navigates myself through it. It's not one or the other. It's a balanced life.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

Incompetence, failure and incapability. Death, as I don't know where I'm going or when it's happening, and I want to see the future and all it's advancements, developments and discovers unfold. Being hated, unlikeable, rejected. The former creates over-thinking and sour self criticism, as well as giving up too easily, but I often bounce back after dwelling. The latter also creates sour self criticism and unnatural efforts or avoidance, but being around those who encourage and genuinely accept me helps a lot. As for death, I just live life as best as I can and enjoy it in the best way possible, as we're all going to die. I want to do everything I hope to do so I'm not regretting my existence when it comes.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

Glimpses have been hinted. I'm bored. Go ahead and guess. You're intelligent. You can figure it out.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

A)Mental stimulation. Thinking, discovering, learning, knowing. Reading, cooking, fun things I like. Accomplishment, success, doing well. A new development or angle. Writing. Art and creativity. Helping others. Or being lazy and watching tv all day.

b) Repetition. An overly boisterous, frenetic, energetic atmosphere. Highly amped up emotions I cannot deal with. Lack of physical health. Math, because I'm impaired in it. It takes me a lot of effort to understand or solve or retain. Most of these are not activities. Whoops.

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?

I am an enigma.

Do I get INFJ as a my prize?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
you say you like to help people, in what ways do you like to help people?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you say you like to help people, in what ways do you like to help people?
You can only help people who want to help themselves.

Helping can be inherently simplistic in nature. Someone has a heavy box, you help them carry it.

Scientific advances and discoveries help others. I want to be a psychologist, analyzing people all day, helping them learn and discover their true inner selves, giving them tools to help themselves. You help people by understanding them, and giving them absolutely everything they need, reaching into what will really help them. Sometimes, it's through cold tough love, and other times it's feeding them soup and watching movies, but servitude is not always the answer. Sometimes servitude is a paradox, a crutch, that disables rather than helping others. Sometimes servitude is just a moral obligation, what you're "told" to do, and it doesn't help at all, or isn't what people even want!

My favorite is to provide solutions, to really listen to people and decide what they should do. Help motivate them to make huge changes in their lives.

I like thinking about helping human nature, and the world, creating some project, I've thought about going to foreign countries to help the suffering. By helping humanity, you're helping everyone. I dream about political changes, about changing and abolishing social rules, about breaking obligations and allowing everyone to be free. Even by supporting environmental causes, I feel as if I'm helping by making the environment safer.

I wish I would have planned my life better. I'd likely be in a foreign country right now, if so.

Reactions: Dreamer777

·
Registered
70 Posts
How do you feel about the Enneagram system? I know it's not what you asked, but I'm thinking of Enneagram type 5. If you're a Feeling type it could help to explain the detachment and so forth.
Particularly with this: "Don't I get too intimidated during a logical conversation out of fear of incompetence? I do better when I am knowledge about a topic." Finding competence through knowledge, which as far as I understand is the core 5 drive... but well, I see you type as 6w5 on your profile, so it seems you've considered it already.

Anyway, I can't pretend to type well, and my understanding is... evolving and at times completely off base, but these were my thoughts. As far as MBTI is concerned, you don't strike me as SJ from this, but that's just this, and just my perception. I don't know... still you seem to reject Si if anything. If your perception functions are Ne and Si, then INTP without the "doesn't care about anyone because Thinker" stereotype seems a far better fit than ISFJ, if only because Ti seems strong and Ne doesn't seem inferior. For what little it's worth, I find the INTP I know to be capable of very genuine warmth and consideration, even if she is cold and Ti-dom at the core, and she has inferior Fe times where she becomes more sociable and outwardly emotional. She frequently uses her Ti to help others, though, whereas I am an SFJ with crap Ti and take a more Fe approach to the same issue. So, how do you show your consideration for others, if I may ask?

Good luck finding your type.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@quaestio- I show consideration by looking into other people, trying to figure out what it is they truly, genuinely want, and going from there. If I don't know, I ask. If I can tell they don't want the consideration even after asking, I respect their boundaries.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
Scientific advances and discoveries help others. I want to be a psychologist, analyzing people all day, helping them learn and discover their true inner selves, giving them tools to help themselves. You help people by understanding them, and giving them absolutely everything they need, reaching into what will really help them. Sometimes, it's through cold tough love, and other times it's feeding them soup and watching movies, but servitude is not always the answer. Sometimes servitude is a paradox, a crutch, that disables rather than helping others. Sometimes servitude is just a moral obligation, what you're "told" to do, and it doesn't help at all, or isn't what people even want!

My favorite is to provide solutions, to really listen to people and decide what they should do. Help motivate them to make huge changes in their lives.

I like thinking about helping human nature, and the world, creating some project, I've thought about going to foreign countries to help the suffering. By helping humanity, you're helping everyone. I dream about political changes, about changing and abolishing social rules, about breaking obligations and allowing everyone to be free. Even by supporting environmental causes, I feel as if I'm helping by making the environment safer.

I wish I would have planned my life better. I'd likely be in a foreign country right now, if so.
@hoopla Have you considered ISTJ (Si-Te-Fi-Ne)? You seem to have figured out a system of conduct that will result in the best outcome for those around you as well as for yourself.

You can only help people who want to help themselves.

Helping can be inherently simplistic in nature. Someone has a heavy box, you help them carry it.
Why do you you help? What's your process from when you spot them struggling with the heavy box?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
@Blue Soul Lol I'm sorry, but no. I am not an ISTJ.

I used to think I was Fi, until I recognized my passionate drive for precision and accuracy. I can't look at something and judge if it's logical automatically. I need to think it over. People make decisions too quickly without considering every possibility beforehand, leading to haphazardness, though I do understand that Te can be necessary in decisions than prevent time and consideration from being a possible factor in decision making. I appreciate facts, but enjoy finding inconsistencies or loopholes in studies and reject statistics as a general rule of thumb. Errors and biases are a problem, as well the fact that not everything can be objectively studied or understood. It is the idiot who only considers what's proven, because a narrow focus on facts prevents new discoveries.

I help people because I like to. Rewarding, and I enjoy people and understanding them. I have no process. I just ask if they need help, then latch onto the box. It's a fucking box, do you really need a strategy to deduce how to help someone hold one? No brainer.

Reactions: AdInfinitum

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
I used to think I was Fi, until I recognized my passionate drive for precision and accuracy. I can't look at something and judge if it's logical automatically. I need to think it over.
How does drive for precision and accuracy speak for Fe over Fi? They're not even related concepts. Besides, I need time to think things over too.

I appreciate facts, but enjoy finding inconsistencies or loopholes in studies and reject statistics as a general rule of thumb. Errors and biases are a problem, as well the fact that not everything can be objectively studied or understood. It is the idiot who only considers what's proven, as that will prevent new discoveries.
Using Te doesn't equate to believing every fact you hear. I, too, enjoy finding what doesn't work within a given system. The question is if you see the whole first and then try to close in on the details, or if you work out the details in a logical stream and then come to a whole?

I help people because I like too. Rewarding, and I enjoy people and understanding them. I have no process. I just ask if they need help, then latch onto it. No brainer.
That does sounds like Fe, but you didn't really answer my question... Or perhaps you did anyway. ;)

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@Blue Soul- I meant to show I use Ti in favor of Fi, not Fe, lol.

I'm aware Te isn't blind, but facts aren't my driving force as they are with Te. Logical rumination is. Looking at the whole and closing in on the details is what I do, because where are the details coming from if you haven't found the whole? You look at the whole, then analyze and break down that whole and strip it down until it's properties are discovered and contained.

I also edited what you deduced as Fe because I realized how the latter sentence could be misinterpreted. I'm horrible at proof reading.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
I meant to show I use Ti in favor of Fi, not Fe, lol.
I usually compare for instance Fe vs Fi and then look for clues that would support one or the other. It was just that first sentence of yours that struck me as illogical, but I realized you might be hinting at Ti. :)

I'm aware Te isn't blind, but facts aren't my driving force as they are with Te. Logical rumination is. Looking at the whole and closing in on the details is what I do, because where are the details coming from if you haven't found the whole? You look at the whole, then analyze and break down that whole and strip it down until it's properties are discovered and contained.
That sounds very much like Te, imo. I'm not completely sure of this though since I'm used to comparing myself (Te) with my INTP brother (who uses Ti), maybe more functions play into this full picture-details thing? I know it also has to do with what sort of intuition you use.

Why do you have so much against ISTJ anyway? I'm sensing that you're very biased and firm in what you believe to be yourself, what's the point in even exploring other posibilites if you won't give them an open-minded chance?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
@Blue Soul I am looking for precise accuracy, so I want to narrow and eliminate in order to reach the genuine typing. It's extremely important to me I'm typed correctly. I'm not against ISTJ... I just don't think it's me. If it was, I would gladly accept it, as it would solve the "which type am I?" puzzle. So no, I'm not against ISTJ, but it's not at the top of my list, because if I viewed every typing for myself with equal levels of possibility, I'd get nowhere. I'm still nowhere, but only on the edge of nowhere, not deep in the neck of the woods where no one will find me, lol. I need to be at least somewhat on track if I want the answer.

You see, I have to look at the whole, because where would the details come from if I had no whole? Is Ti just... thinking from nowhere? I suppose I do that, but you don't just gain details themselves randomly. They come from a source.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
@Blue Soul I am looking for precise accuracy, so I want to narrow and eliminate in order to reach the genuine typing. It's extremely important to me I'm typed correctly. I'm not against ISTJ... I just don't think it's me. If it was, I would gladly accept it, as it would solve the "which type am I?" puzzle.

You see, I have to look at the whole, because where would the details come from if I had no whole? Is Ti just... thinking from nowhere? I suppose I do that, but you don't just gain details themselves randomly. They come from a source.
I'm just exploring what possibilites there are, since you definitely strike me as ISxx.

What perplexes me is that I would describe the way I go about the whole and then refining the details too, just like you. And I use Ni-Te. My brother who uses Ti-Ne would get stuck on a detail and build on it until he reaches a point where he feels confident enough to speak what he has found out loud.

How would Si-Te be different from Ni-Te in this sense (hypothetically, not necessarily related to you)?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I'm just exploring what possibilites there are, since you definitely strike me as ISxx.

What perplexes me is that I would describe the way I go about the whole and then refining the details too, just like you. And I use Ni-Te. My brother who uses Ti-Ne would get stuck on a detail and build on it until he reaches a point where he feels confident enough to speak what he has found out loud.

How would Si-Te be different from Ni-Te in this sense?
I am not an expert pro at typing and make mistakes all the time, but what you're describing sounds more like perception of some kind.

I don't "refine the details". What I'm trying to say is no one just picks up details from no where. You need a source first. You don't just gain a thought. You gain thoughts from your physical surroundings. I suppose if you lived primarily in your head, you could, but we exist in a universe, so no.

How could I even analyze the details of a cup if I didn't know what a cup (the source) was? How could I analyze my personality type if I didn't know what typing was? I'm saying your question made no sense- you don't just look at details first.... because that's impossible, unless you mean the intricate details of your mind, that just flow. But I would consider things like personality types themselves a detail that we analyze.

Explain how we can get details from nowhere and maybe then I'd know what you mean.

Reactions: Immolate

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
I am not an expert pro at typing and make mistakes all the time, but what you're describing sounds more like perception of some kind.

I don't "refine the details". What I'm trying to say is no one just gets details from no where. You need a source first. You don't just gain a thought. You gain thoughts from your physical surroundings. I suppose if you lived primarily in your head, you could, but we exist in a universe, so no.

How could I even analyze the details of a cup if I didn't know what a cup (the source) was? How could I analyze my personality type if I didn't know what typing was? I'm saying your question made no sense- you don't just look at details first.... because that's impossible, unless you mean the intricate details of your mind, that just flow. But I would consider things like personality types themselves a detail that we analyze.

Explain how we can get details from nowhere and maybe then I'd know what you mean.
Details don't come from nowhere, I agree with you. An example where you might go into detail first is where the whole would be something more untangible, like an idea or event. I think Te tends to be more overarching, and Ti tends to be more about logical consistency. Te might mistakenly jump to incorrect conclusions because there are logical intricacies that it overlooked. In the same sense Ti might miss the forest because of the trees.

Analyzing the details of a cup seems like something an observant would do btw. :p

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@Blue Soul I know you're probably kidding, but the cup thing was just a hypothetical example.

I'm still not understanding. You could say that idea itself was a detail, that you have an idea and now you're compartmentalizing it.

I don't believe thoughts just come "from nowhere". I believe thoughts are triggered, influenced or spiked by something in their nature. If I were in my own head, I'm sure I could find organic thoughts, but it's possible they only exist due to past experiences I've been subjected to. One single thought itself, organically spiked, would be a detail that I compartmentalize.

You always need a detail to gain insights and thoughts. Always. Gaining ideas in the mirror, for example, was probably triggered by looking in the mirror. A detail can be so subtle you miss it entirely, but it's always the catalyst.

I'm not saying you're wrong; I'm just trying to understand because it makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
@Blue Soul I know you're probably kidding, but the cup thing was just a hypothetical example.

I'm still not understanding. You could say that idea itself was a detail, that you have an idea and now you're compartmentalizing it.
I'm sorry, this doesn't seem to help you at all. And it is a bit of a derail, sorry about that too.

What I meant was that the way how you said you view the whole first, suggests Te imo (you seem to have an overarching logic style). We have this phenomenon, we view it similarly, but how can it be explained?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We have this phenomenon, we view it similarly, but how can it be explained?
Do you mean that you and I both seem to view logic similarly, and therefore the only explanation would be that I'm a Te user?

If so, that would make sense.... if I understood what you meant by your explanation. Your explanation is apparently how your Te manifests (Though, as mentioned, what you're asking actually strikes me as perception rather than thinking), and you say I do the same thing as you do, and yet I cannot decipher what you mean. If I was using whatever process it is that you're describing here, wouldn't that mean that I would understand what you're asking, or can identify it? I don't get it... so why are you convinced we have the same process in whatever it is your questions indicate (not convinced it's actually Te.... more so, perception)? How does that make any logical sense whatsoever?

Reactions: Blue Soul

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I noticed on accident in one of my posts, I put detail rather than source. I personally see every detail as a source itself. Like, a cup is a detail to the entire room, and you take that cup and find information from it. But I think every detail in and of itself is a source. Idk.

I'd just edit my post but my internet hates me and is being slow and not allowing me to edit ):

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
@hoopla Like I said before, I'm just exploring possibilities. You're tricky because you seem so logic driven in the way you write. Perhaps it's tied together with that emotions can be hard to make it through in text to strangers on the internet, as you seem to be a bit private about things as a person. You know yourself best in any case, so rather than me coming to conclusions about you I wanted you to explore the alternatives yourself as only you can tell for sure what feels right or not for you.

Like you say a cup can both be a detail and a whole, depending on how you view it. Perhaps you're just too smart to be fooled by simple questions. xD

·
Banned
8,898 Posts
I just woke up from the weirdest set of dreams I've ever had. This is me apologizing in advance for any stupid you come across in this post.

You always struck me as a thinking type and I don't know why you would find the possibility so shocking. I think a lot of people who struggle with depression or anxiety feel they can't be anything but feelers because their emotions tend to get the better of them, but you have to strip that away to get to the truth. I'm saying this because I've struggled with my emotions most of my life. When I'm stable and healthy, my heart takes a step back and my mind takes its proper place. I'm not saying this is true for you, but it's something to consider.

I also don't like explaining mental health as cognitive function loops or what-have-you. Can we explain a physical illness through a loop? No. Mental health originates in the brain. Chemical imbalances. Hyperactive or underactive brain structures. Forget loops.

I dislike when people are typed such-and-such because their mental health resembles some sort of loop. I aim not to do that.

The main thing I'm curious about right now: why do you (or did you) think you're more of a feeling type?

Now for my coffee ritual. If I can't contribute anything useful to this thread, I at least want to be able to follow it.

Edit: This isn't some sort of satirical piece in light of TelepathicGoose's typing extravaganza, is it? That would be interesting. But don't mind me, I question most things. You strike me as a thinker either way.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts