Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
1,556 Posts
That was really interesting. Yours is the first INTP video I've seen of a definite INTP. Clearly full of self-doubt, but not in a bad way. More like you talk about things with a constant curiosity, like you're ready to be told some extra information to cement the hazy facts you already know.

Cool video. I wanna make one too! Maybe tomorrow......

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was really interesting. Yours is the first INTP video I've seen of a definite INTP. Clearly full of self-doubt, but not in a bad way. More like you talk about things with a constant curiosity, like you're ready to be told some extra information to cement the hazy facts you already know.

Cool video. I wanna make one too! Maybe tomorrow......
Glad you found it interesting. A lot of people mistake the curiosity with me being fickle or torn about something.

·
chicken chaser
10,145 Posts
I like thinking about making physics engines and game engines, but game ideas is where I get lost. I have started several simple things that's more demonstration of what the engine is capable of, and people see them and ask "How is this a game?", well it's not, it's the underlying mechanics without the top layer...

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like thinking about making physics engines and game engines, but game ideas is where I get lost. I have started several simple things that's more demonstration of what the engine is capable of, and people see them and ask "How is this a game?", well it's not, it's the underlying mechanics without the top layer...
I'm not a big fan of thinking about the game engines themselves, but it certainly is useful. I have run into a lot of problems in the past when I was incredibly ambitious with certain ideas that resulted in the engine requirements being heavy or it not being completed because I had no idea how to make a game engine.

·
chicken chaser
10,145 Posts
You have 16 milliseconds per frame to do all the updating and drawing of objects for that sweet 60 fps. Only so many things can be processed before the next frame comes, so if some processing takes too long it would need to be simplified without losing the desired effect or if it couldn't be simplified and was seemingly essential - it would be time to put down the project and start a new one.

There's also only so much one person can do.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Interesting, would be nice to see you actually in action I mean like pick a game and just comment on it from your perspective and what should be changed and stuff... Some gameplay footage included would be nice.

·
Registered
652 Posts
hahah! It would take 40 of INTJs with 40 years of experience to even begin applying your ideas. Sounds like me. And many ISTJ! You should get ISTJ minions :p

INTP always seemed to me like a lazy/ playful INTJ. A child version of INTJ.
However, the more I listen to you, the more I suspect my being an INTP. If that even, I'm 80-90% visual and only 40% logical/mathematical.

I am interested in game design as well, more specifically: concept art, environment art and character design. People so often speak of this world and changing it this way and that (and usually end up with a shitty compromise), but to build a new world!!! New technologies give us such amazing abilities.

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting, would be nice to see you actually in action I mean like pick a game and just comment on it from your perspective and what should be changed and stuff... Some gameplay footage included would be nice.
That is basically what I plan to do for videos once I get back to college. Haha.

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hahah! It would take 40 of INTJs with 40 years of experience to even begin applying your ideas. Sounds like me. And many ISTJ! You should get ISTJ minions :p

INTP always seemed to me like a lazy/ playful INTJ. A child version of INTJ.
However, the more I listen to you, the more I suspect my being an INTP. If that even, I'm 80-90% visual and only 40% logical/mathematical.

I am interested in game design as well, more specifically: concept art, environment art and character design. People so often speak of this world and changing it this way and that (and usually end up with a shitty compromise), but to build a new world!!! New technologies give us such amazing abilities.

Concept art, environment art and character design eh? I tend to care more about level design, gameplay mechanics and pretty much anything related to gameplay and the player experience. If you are good at art or need some practice I might be able to coop with you in the near future. I have a few game ideas I have been working on lately. I have been pushing myself to actually get stuff done since I am pursuing a Virtual Technology and Design (VTD) degree now.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
If it's any advice or help, the fundamental nature of your anxiety seems to be the fear of failure, which might be why you don't like the external world and retreat into your own thoughts and don't actually want to apply any of your ideas. You also seem to have problems with authority figures and hierarchy and have a very decentralized and democratic way of thinking (I don't blame you), which is probably due to problems with your parents(?) and you being bullied most of your life (not to say that somehow invalidates that way of thinking). I know you didn't ask for an analysis, but that's all I thought about when watching the video.

And you're also definitely an Ni-base, if you ever get into socionics :p

Reactions: Negativity Bias

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What makes you think he is Ni-based? I'm not saying I agree or disagree, I'm just curious.
Yeah, quite honesty I am not Ni based. I don't see how he came to that conclusion unless somehow Ni means Ne when referring to socionics.

I am a quick witted thinker and I usually summarize everything. Not very Ni.

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If it's any advice or help, the fundamental nature of your anxiety seems to be the fear of failure, which might be why you don't like the external world and retreat into your own thoughts and don't actually want to apply any of your ideas. You also seem to have problems with authority figures and hierarchy and have a very decentralized and democratic way of thinking (I don't blame you), which is probably due to problems with your parents(?) and you being bullied most of your life (not to say that somehow invalidates that way of thinking). I know you didn't ask for an analysis, but that's all I thought about when watching the video.

And you're also definitely an Ni-base, if you ever get into socionics :p
I don't agree with you saying I am Ni based, but you are right about everything else.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
What makes you think he is Ni-based? I'm not saying I agree or disagree, I'm just curious.
He says he can understand anything. He can see all the design-related stuff in video games to sort of see everything come together. He has these in-depth visions of these games that he understands all the textures and programming and mechanics for and sees all the potential improvements for existing games.

Actually, there's damn good chance he's Ne/Si valuing, because he said he wanted immediate results, instead of thinking in the long-term with learning how to program first.

·
Registered
971 Posts
He says he can understand anything. He can see all the design-related stuff in video games to sort of see everything come together. He has these in-depth visions of these games that he understands all the textures and programming and mechanics for and sees all the potential improvements for existing games.

Actually, there's damn good chance he's Ne/Si valuing, because he said he wanted immediate results, instead of thinking in the long-term with learning how to program first.
Potential improvements could just be Ne. I'm assuming he has loads of ideas that pop in his head and Ti cuts them through. And then an INTJ cuts it even more. Ahah.

He even says that creating a game would be hard because he has too many ideas that aren't practical.

But yea, I'm not too familiar how socionics work. Just a bit.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts