Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize that there's no other Enneagram I'd rather be than Enneagram Type 4. Here are my personal reasons why, it may not relate to others, but this is me:

• I take pride in not following the crowd. I take pride in being unique.
  • I am glad that I have a unique world view through my empathy.
  • I am glad that I can explore as well as express my feelings on my autobiographical or imagination related terms.
  • I am glad that I have a sharp and quick insight into the darkest aspects of personal suffering, so that I can turn those aspects into lessons and healing.
  • I am glad that I do not dream to follow the masses, but I dream to feel the oneness in my life, in my world.
  • I am glad that to me, knowing my feelings alone is art.
  • I am glad that I am aware of strange losses, and not just loss for the sake of loss.
  • I am glad that although I am a paradox, and many people do not know the most real sides of me, a number of them will feel the sense of difference I have always felt, the search for identity I have always loved.
  • I am glad that I write, I dramatize yet I enable myself to learn even more about the arts of shifting realities and complicated emotions.
  • I am glad that even after writing this, I will still explore identity with even more depth and you still will not know me enough.
I am glad to be an Enneagram Type 4

4w5

·
Banned
1,526 Posts
I like that I'm not afraid to go deep and dark. I like how beauty makes me want to explode, that I notice it where most others never do. I like how my feelings are far far greater than I let on. (My own hidden secret!) I like how I can read poetry and listen to music and completely relate.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I like that I experience beauty intensely, am often deeply inspired and feel a deep sense of empathy.
Being a 4 is an intense experience with lots of extremes and it's not easy some of the time, but I'll have to say the highs are very beautiful and joyful experiences

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
ODE TO THE 4 pride!

Seriously though why does everyone want to be a 4? Probably over-romanticized general descriptions, and lots and lots of wanting to feel special even though having the enneagram 4 enneatype doesn't change your life.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Seriously though why does everyone want to be a 4?
I have never understood this (why anyone would want to be a 4?) When I read the nitty gritty of type 4, it's motivations and defense mechanisms, characteristics, etc and see how it plays out in my life... it makes me feel a bit ill actually. I know each type feels that way when confronted with the truth of their core type, but it seems other types at least have some pros.

I think aside from having a doubt-riddled tritype, it took me a long time to accept my type (hence I kept looking) because I would rather be anything but a 4.

Except a 2, I don't think I could survive being a 2.

2,781 Posts
Seriously though why does everyone want to be a 4? Probably over-romanticized general descriptions, and lots and lots of wanting to feel special even though having the enneagram 4 enneatype doesn't change your life.
:rolleyes:...seriously, why do you care? Do you want to be a 4?
Really..you can have my 4 and I will take your 7....I need a change in my life.:laughing:

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
ODE TO THE 4 pride!

Haha, what? Who wants to be a Four? I feel like everyone else just thinks we're ridiculous. Anyway, like someone else said... who cares? Personally I struggle with self-loathing quite a bit and it's helpful to actually be reminded that there are some positives to being a Four, not because I think Fours are superior or anything but sometimes rather the opposite.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm happy being a 4, too. Doesn't have to be all rosy to be exciting. And I think type 4 complements INFPs quite well.

But if I could change something about myself it would be my instinctual variants. 4 sx/sp is just waaaaaay too intense at times. It's freaking me out!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Dwelling between heaven and hell constantly? Why not? thats life at the burning point. Intense, yes, but never boring. :cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts