Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
So right into explanation...
Only thing I"m pretty sure of is that he's a J personality type. He's super organized, gets all his work done wayyy before the deadline, and always is early when he has to be somewhere.
Moving onto the rest....

>Not sure if he's extroverted or introverted. He seems fine spending hours alone studying, but when he's with people, he very often takes center stage, although he doesn't seem to mind watching social interaction either.

>His main form of social communication seems to be through humor. Good with a witty comeback. His humor is a very specific kind though--it's extremely quirky and offbeat. He's good at looking at a situation and putting a humorous spin on it, or coming up with a funny response to questions...also pretty good with plays on words. He illustrates for my college's parody magazine (makes the cover art). Aside from the cover art being amazingly well drawn, he captures parody of situations really well, and is good at transferring it onto paper. (Side note: drawing has always been a passion of his) Other than that, he's a bit of a goofball. At nineteen he can't take a serious picture for his life--online social media is riddled with him making faces, funny poses, etc.

>I know college major doesn't necessarily mean much with typing, but he's an environmental engineer. He hates math but is really good at/likes chemistry and physics. This would lead me to normally think he's some kind of T type, especially considering he is kinda logical, but other parts of his personality almost contradict that so I'm not sure (will list contradicting parts in other bullet points).

>He is really enthusiastic and upbeat about EVERYTHING. He reminds me of a ten year old boy on a coffee high. When he texts, his messages are riddled with emogies; :), XD, ^.^...etc. and exclamation points. Incredible amount of energy.

>Doesn't want to hurt anybody. Never has fun at anyone else's expense. Really gentle with people...but not in a vocal way. I just noticed that he carefully avoids saying things that could offend people.

>Seems to be sentimental. When he left high school he posted stuff on social media about how his friends in high school helped make him a better person and he was so lucky to have been gifted the opportunity of knowing them, etc. He seems to want people to know that they're special to him, but he's best at expressing it through writing and doesn't feel comfortable saying it in person. For instance; he texted me at the end of the year saying something along the lines of how he didn't 'get a chance' to say this in person, but he was so glad he got to know me this year, I'm a wonderful person, and he can't wait to spend more time with me in the fall. He actually had quite a few chances to express that to me in person, but he is just more comfortable writing it in a text and pressing send....

Thoughts/ideas anyone? I'm not good with cognitive functions, but maybe one of you would be better at analyzing him through that. Ask any questions you might find useful if you think I left something out!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably some sort of xNFJ, leaning towards I though, especially with the college major thing.
Thanks so much for your reply!
What specifically makes you say F and not T? Just curious because I had a difficult time deciding between those two letters! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts