Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new job in sales which has me working 7 days a week until i move up with my company. The good thing is that I'm REALLY good at what i do so i should be promoted within 1-3 months (at the most). The bad thing is that I don't have much time to see my boyfriend :( We just got in a big fight because we havent seen each other in a week. My company is closing for easter sunday and monday so I'm spending it with him.

Our work schedules also really conflict. He starts work at 7am and gets off at 2-3pm, and i start at 12pm and get off at 11pm. I dont have time to go to his house late at night anymore because he has to wake up at 4:45am, and id be getting there at 12am. So I was planning on writing him a lovely card about how much i love him and how he means the world to me, and I was also going to get a gift for him from Tiffanys. Ive made more commissions on one sale than i ever have on any bi-weekly pay cheque from any company ive ever worked for in my 5, almost 6 years of working.

I really cherish him and he's unhappy because I cant see him every day like I used to. We only need to wait out the crazy busyness for 3 more months until we can buy a place together. Ugh!!! What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
(brace yourself for stereotypical answer)

If you really love him, and he really loves you, it won't matter that you guys don't see each other as often as you would like to. And I mean really, really, REALLY love each other. In cases like this, any doubt at all will eat away at the relationship. Sad but true.

(ok, BS answer. that's my disclaimer. this answer is BS)

whateverrrrr.... find someone who's waiting on your doorstep every night when you come home!! who jumps all over your and covers your face with kisses!! who never sulks or needs presents from Tiffanny's!!! who doesn't care if it's 12 am or 12 pm!!!!

I suggest a labrador retreiver. Or a German shepherd. Huskies are cute too. Whichever you bond with better. :D

(ok, serious again)

See if you can take a few days off to spend together. Get your priorities all lined up. Talk about the future. Get together and love on each other. It'll help carry you through the times when you can't see each other.

Hope I helped.
~Jamie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts