Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INTJ vs. INFJ. I always get INTJ on the test, but I feel more like an INFJ. However, I have bouts where I feel much more like a T than an F. Can anyone give me a checklist or a comparison chart to differentiate the two? I love math and science, but I like helping people when I can. I value logic and intelligence, but I feel like both taking over the world and also saving it. I tend to be unbiased so no one gets hurt in public, but it may just be that I want things to be peaceful around me. I struggle with this concept, so can anyone shed light on this?

Reactions: OldManRivers

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Well, the difference between the two is that INTJ's value logical outcomes first, then humanist outcomes second.
Whereas, INFJ's value the humanist outcomes first, and logical outcomes second. It has to do with Fe (INFJ) vs Te (INTJ).

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
INTJ vs. INFJ. I always get INTJ on the test, but I feel more like an INFJ. However, I have bouts where I feel much more like a T than an F. Can anyone give me a checklist or a comparison chart to differentiate the two? I love math and science, but I like helping people when I can. I value logic and intelligence, but I feel like both taking over the world and also saving it. I tend to be unbiased so no one gets hurt in public, but it may just be that I want things to be peaceful around me. I struggle with this concept, so can anyone shed light on this?
Greetings!

The thing is, look for the functions. See if you use Fe or Te. An INFJ can be mistaken for an INTJ for lots of reasons, we're both Ni dominants and we extravert Judging functions, which makes us focused and driven.

About your interests, about science and logic / people and idealism, I'm driven for both and I'm sure many INFJs are too. Check it out, from this thread: http://personalitycafe.com/infj-articles/75929-most-accurate-analysis-infj.html

Dr. A. J. Drenth said:
It is difficult to broadly classify INFJs as either right-brained or left-brained since they utilize both sides of the brain with equal adeptness. INFJs are both creative and responsible, artistic and logical, spiritual and scientific, intuitive and analytic.
Dr. A. J. Drenth said:
A misconception about INFJs is that because they prefer Feeling they are less likely to be interested in intellectual endeavors. Nothing could be farther from the truth. In fact, some of the most intellectually-inclined people I know are INFJs. They rival and resemble INTs in their level of openness and hunger for new ideas and perspectives. In some regards, they may actually eclipse INTs with regard to intellectual openness, readily appreciating both science and literature, fiction and nonfiction, poetry and prose.

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
From what you said, you seem more like an INFJ but yeah, the key is in understanding the functions.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Maybe you could look at the differences between Te and Ti?

I have a strongly developed Ti-tert, and INFJs can be the the most "think-y" of the F types. In my case, Ti is a corrective for Fe, so there are times I'm very deep in Ti-land, so to speak.

Anyway, in addition to seeing Fe-aux play a specific role in my info processing, I also know for sure I'm not INTJ because I cannot stand Te and could not bear the experience of Te-aux in myself. Te feels ungrounded, rigid, decontextualized to me. Ti is much more flexible, inductive, context-specific, and that's the kind of thinking that "T" is for me in my cognitive stack.

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
How about the types are a broad indicator of your preferred behavior in certain situations, and in other situations you choose different behaviors? the best wast to take the test is in an office, emotionally neutral, neutral background colors and very soft, neutral music.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
If you mean by the dichotomies take this test

Type indicator

If you mean by the functions, well nothing you've said differentiates Fe v. Te much. You'd have to find your bridge to outer reality as an introvert. Te tries to merge impersonal rationalization with objective factors. Extroverted feeling is different, it helps one reason through value judgments through a mixture of personal relation and general penchant to see what happens when a judgment is attuned to various objective standards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts