Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today, I feel like I talked way too much and I feel regretful of the things that came out of my mouth. I'm usually the type that doesn't really say anything or feel the need to say anything, unless I am asked. But today, I felt I was just being really sarcastic, offering my opinions where none were asked, talking a lot about my personal history. and yes, I am stressed. and going through a sh*tload of stuff right now.

Maybe it was because how I was raised, but i was always scolded when I talked too much or was verbose for "running my mouth", so on days where I feel like I talked too much, I feel like I was "acting out" even though I know extroverted people who do it all the time. Maybe people liked this flavor of me, seeing me finally express my thoughts and contribute. and I realize people probably didn't think much of what I said, but why do I feel upset at myself? i feel irritated at myself for not being more calm and collected. I know guys, i'm slowly letting go of things like this.. it would make me feel better if someone just pointed out the rational or logical side of this. maybe?

·
Registered
81 Posts
the logical side is that we simply need to let go of our selves sometimes. However, we dont like to change from how we normally are so acting sort of intpish on a day can make us feel guilty due to our high expectations. Another theory is that we simply know we are better than most people and some days just feel like making people aware of how we really interpret things.
Oh, and one more theory, the thoughts and ideas we have are ones that go through introverted intuition and thinking. Therefore, they sound kinda childish or dumb when we extrovert those thoughts.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
You shouldn't feel bad. You exercised your right to talk to speak and to express yourself. It was wrong of whoever raised you to scold you when you talked too much. I know it is easier said then done but don't feel so bad for talking and expressing yourself. You weren't "acting out" you were expressing yourself. You shouldn't feel bad for doing such, you need to rebel against the feelings that are apart of you that make you feel bad for talking. You talked and spoke about your thoughts and feelings, as long as you were not a clear and present nuisance and burden on the people you spoke to I see no problem with this. You must not allow your emotions and feelings to cloud your judgment in knowing whether you were or were not. As an INFJ our Ni and Fe is only as powerful as we allow it. If we allow our emotions and irrational beliefs to cloud our judgment then our vision will be distorted.

From the information given I feel like you are over-thinking this and over analyzing which is accompanied by your childhood past of being scolded when speaking too much which was wrong. You need to focus on the feelings of guilt and shame that you are getting from believing you spoke too much, realize they are wrong and that it is perfectly fine and your right for you to speak your mind. From there you must rebel against those feelings as if they are a cancer and fight against them and grow above the false feelings of guilt and shame and work on fixing them.

I hope this helps.

P.S. (this quote fits here well)

"Your life is what your thoughts make it." Marcus Aurelius

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

I guess I was always scolded about how much I talked and also about what I said - my mom is a sensor... possibly ISFJ or ESFJ... i'm thinkng more of ISFJ now? and she was always telling me how people were going to think badly of me because of how i acted or what i said. Honestly , even now i am still so paranoid about stuff like this: that my manners are bad and people hate me, that i'm too quiet and people dont like to be around me, that i said something that people will use to confirm their bad thoughts about me... things of that sort..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks guys,

I guess I was always scolded about how much I talked and also about what I said - my mom is a sensor... possibly ISFJ or ESFJ... i'm thinkng more of ISFJ now? and she was always telling me how people were going to think badly of me because of how i acted or what i said. Honestly , even now i am still so paranoid about stuff like this: that my manners are bad and people hate me, that i'm too quiet and people dont like to be around me, that i said something that people will use to confirm their bad thoughts about me... things of that sort..
i can relate. My mom is an isfj and a year ago she took me to a psychologist because of my abstract thinking and epressing deep thoughts. Being an infj i was able to act like a sensor so the doctor would see that im just like any other kid lol. Even today though my mom still threatens to take me back. If my mom was an intp things would be wayyy different lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts