Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was watching a movie today and I was noticing how the lighting of the scenes affected my mood. I noticed little stuff. I used a ton of Se. I caught myself thinking "live in the moment."

Most enfp's don't notice things; and I usually don't but it hit me today I could be an esfp. My brain "admitted" it but it does that for like everything but maybe I am right this time in my admitting.

I want to know my type because usually when I "admit" it's right but I'm not sure if I really AM an enfp. :(

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
@Alysaria Dang hawt video.

Smiley, I think you are enfp, just an impression I get from you. You seem to be very Ne DOM. I mean, just look at your sig LOL. That has enfp written all over it. People experience all 8 functions. Just because I compare something in the past doesn't all of a sudden make me an isfj. It's just the processes you use most.

:)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Alysaria Dang hawt video.

Smiley, I think you are enfp, just an impression I get from you. You seem to be very Ne DOM. I mean, just look at your sig LOL. That has enfp written all over it. People experience all 8 functions. Just because I compare something in the past doesn't all of a sudden make me an isfj. It's just the processes you use most.

:)
Ok hahaha thanks! :) lol my signature causes some distraction from what I've been told; but it's awesome, lol xD

·
Registered
874 Posts
Most enfp's don't notice things
This is simply not true. ENFPs notice things all the time. In fact, they notice too many things! If they are not currently distracted, they are waiting for a distraction to show up.

Also, do people realise that function order is a matter of preference?

Just because INFPs have inferior Te, that doesn't mean I don't know how to - or do not - use it. It just means that my natural preference is towards Fi, which I use more often when making a decision, or in everyday life. We use all the functions, merely to varying degrees.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is simply not true. ENFPs notice things all the time. In fact, they notice too many things! If they are not currently distracted, they are waiting for a distraction to show up.

Also, do people realise that function order is a matter of preference?

Just because INFPs have inferior Te, that doesn't mean I don't know how to - or do not - use it. It just means that my natural preference is towards Fi, which I use more often when making a decision, or in everyday life. We use all the functions, merely to varying degrees.
Yeah... I think Ne and Se are similar... I've noticed they are because Se is new experiences of a sort and so is Ne. Theyre both "risk takers." They are slightly different. That's why it's confusing.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Ne's natural preference is toward possibilities. Se's natural preference is now....and Se dominants can actually get very uncomfortable making a long-term plan for the future. A Ne dominant may *not* plan very far ahead, but they enjoy playing the what-if game and plotting out a million potential futures.

I briefly dated an ESFP. He decided it would be fun to race those big loading carts at Wal-Mart (while working), crashed, flipped over the bars, and gave himself a hernia. He kept putting off going to the doctor, didn't tell his boss and ended up having to carry couches that week, went skydiving, and was just miserable and in pain. >.> I will also put off seeing the doctor...but his other actions just....I don't know. >< Shortly after that, he randomly announced his intention to join the military because his father had been pestering him to plan for his future. The biggest difference between ESFPs and ENFPs comes up when there is stress - an ENFP has to talk about it, get it out in the open, and then they feel better. An ESFP doesn't want to be the one to bring down the party, so they choose not to share. They'd rather act and be done with it. Pushing too hard for conversation about a stressful topic will eventually make them withdraw.

>.> Also, just based on the general trend of ESFPs to not hang around forums very long, I'd already say you've got a strong chance of being ENFP. XD

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
You will know that you're an ENFP when after a certain age or a certain time, you'll simply stop giving a f*** about what others think of you and will simply concentrate on what your closed ones think of you. And ESFP can NEVER do that, they always want to impress everyone throughout their life.

·
THE IRON GIANT
10,129 Posts
Yeah... I think Ne and Se are similar... I've noticed they are because Se is new experiences of a sort and so is Ne. Theyre both "risk takers." They are slightly different. That's why it's confusing.
You're right, Ne and Se are very similar. If you're unsure of your type, you should have a look at some detailed descriptions of Ne and Se as dominant functions, and see which one feels more true to yourself.

And take heart! The ESFPs I know are really amazing people. I get the sense from your OP that you're worried you might be ESFP. If you're ESFP, you're still the same person you've always been, just more self aware. And there's nobody saying you couldn't keep hanging out in the ENFP subforum as an ESFP, is there? In case that's your concern.

1,750 Posts
You will know that you're an ENFP when after a certain age or a certain time, you'll simply stop giving a f*** about what others think of you and will simply concentrate on what your closed ones think of you. And ESFP can NEVER do that, they always want to impress everyone throughout their life.
Yeah the only time it really bothers me is when I can't escape from a person or group... when there are actual consequences to not being well liked such as at work. But even then most of the time I don't really care. I've read in one of the type descriptions that ENFP's hate being forced to make friends by association - such as at work. I hate feeling like I'm being forced to interact with people that I didn't personally hand pick to hang out with. Ugh.

This feeling drove me to programming actually. I was a great project manager but I just couldn't take the forced social interaction, and having to show a fake smile all the time. Unfortunately my new company is extremely social and it really bothers me. Just give me a few hours a week with the people that I really really like and I'm perfectly happy to just be left alone!

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
I'll probably be the only one to say this, and its not because i don't like you , because i do. I always thought you were ESFP. Your energy level and the way you express youself is very much ESFP, you remind me very much of my ESFP friend. Se-Ne can look very similar. You have Fi, that i can see. @LiquidLight may be able to explain the difference to you. I've seen him give some great detail despcriptions of the two types and functions. Even in the descriptions according to jung, ESFP are close related with ENFP. Your avatar, your Sig, all scream ESFP :D

Regardless, its doesn't make you less/worse/better etc. I congratulate you for being opened enough to get other perspectives from people who understand the functions better than yourself.:)....i can't do that, i don't know enough about Se to compare. Good luck smiley :))

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Yeah the only time it really bothers me is when I can't escape from a person or group... when there are actual consequences to not being well liked such as at work. But even then most of the time I don't really care. I've read in one of the type descriptions that ENFP's hate being forced to make friends by association - such as at work. I hate feeling like I'm being forced to interact with people that I didn't personally hand pick to hang out with. Ugh.
Glad to see another one like me. I simply HATE it when people forces me to do something or tries to dominate me. I only accept advices if it seems rational.

This feeling drove me to programming actually. I was a great project manager but I just couldn't take the forced social interaction, and having to show a fake smile all the time. Unfortunately my new company is extremely social and it really bothers me. Just give me a few hours a week with the people that I really really like and I'm perfectly happy to just be left alone!
Same here. I hate talking to people whom I dislike, and it annoys me more when they lack common sense and gossip about silly trivial matters. I generally stay quiet (except for sometimes when I really to socialize to order to energize myself, and then again I shut off.)I don't know whether anyone of you've faced this or not, but whenever I want to stay alone, people will come and poke me asking 'what's wrong? why are you standing here alone? Anything happened?' They make me feel like, it's a 'crime' for extroverts to remain quiet! >_<

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmm.. I'm still confused. I think I'm an ENFP though because I really care about the future and I sometimes feel out of touch with the world cause I can entertain myself with my own thoughts. ahhhh idk!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You're right, Ne and Se are very similar. If you're unsure of your type, you should have a look at some detailed descriptions of Ne and Se as dominant functions, and see which one feels more true to yourself.

And take heart! The ESFPs I know are really amazing people. I get the sense from your OP that you're worried you might be ESFP. If you're ESFP, you're still the same person you've always been, just more self aware. And there's nobody saying you couldn't keep hanging out in the ENFP subforum as an ESFP, is there? In case that's your concern.
Haha I know... i kind of am lol. I always thought I was ENFP because I think about the future and weird possibilities and unnecessary stuff that doesn't matter a ton... but when I did the cognitive functions test I got Ne-Se-Fi-Te-Fe-Ni-Si-Ti... hmmm. lol I don't know what to thinnk! Maybe it is so very Ne-ish to consider so many options about type. I once thought I was INTJ... lol xD fail but @MuChApArAdOx I think I'm gonna go head to the ESFP forums and see some descriptions.

·
THE IRON GIANT
10,129 Posts
Haha I know... i kind of am lol. I always thought I was ENFP because I think about the future and weird possibilities and unnecessary stuff that doesn't matter a ton... but when I did the cognitive functions test I got Ne-Se-Fi-Te-Fe-Ni-Si-Ti... hmmm. lol I don't know what to thinnk! Maybe it is so very Ne-ish to consider so many options about type. I once thought I was INTJ... lol xD fail but @MuChApArAdOx I think I'm gonna go head to the ESFP forums and see some descriptions.
Just be careful, many Se-dom descriptions are not only inaccurate, but overwhelmingly negative, because those writing them don't understand the type.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This guy has really good descriptions....he doesn't have ENFPs vs ESFPs....but he has ENFPs vs INFPs and briefly brings up ESFPs

Hmmm. I don't think I "live" for physical experience, lol so I don't think I'm an SP, so in that case, an ESFP. I'm gonna head down to their forum and consider it though.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just be careful, many Se-dom descriptions are not only inaccurate, but overwhelmingly negative, because those writing them don't understand the type.
Where do I get accurate ones? I figured though I don't think I'm an ESFP because I don't live for physical experience. I live in my head basically and one time it reminded me of how I was watching a movie with my ESTP friend and she noticed a bunch of pointless stuff and I was like "Wtf? How do you notice stuff like that?!?!?!" (she noticed that when the robot/transformer got up from a crash, he was cleaner. I was astounded, lol.)

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Are you more concerned about your looks and your appearance in public? Do you voice against injustice or something which you find illogical (to you) ?

1 - 20 of 182 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.