Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First things first, I'm approaching my type from a dichotomies perspective, as I don't find much use in functions. I took the official MBTI test, and came away with a strong N and P preference, something of a T preference, and a slight I preference. I also took a Big Five test, and scored average on Extraversion, average on Agreeableness, high on Openness, fairly low on Conscientiousness, and above average on Neuroticism.

I'm fairly certain I'm an NP type. For a while, I thought I was extraverted, but now I'm thinking that I had the right idea all along in identifying as an introvert. The straw that broke that camel's back was thinking about how I need to pull away from the world in order to hear myself think, basically. I can be quite engaged in group discussions when it comes to exchanging ideas and experiences, but only to a certain point. I also think that anyone would have the urge to be more outgoing if they isolated themselves for too long.

This just leaves the question of T or F. A forum poster suggested that INs who identify as being near the middle of T/F are more likely to be F. But I disagree; I still think I have more of a T preference.

Here's my type thread if you want to check it out: http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-personality-type/1193042-et-phone-home.html

If you have any T or F questions to ask, or questions to do with INTPs and INFPs, feel free to ask.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
It's ok. Just pick one, what can happen if wrong?

I wanted to explain the exact words 'it's ok', but have trouble explaining that 'feeling' of 'don't worry so much about a 'title', without either insulting or getting a discussion going on nothing. So, the question that lays underneath is:

What would you like to be?
What if.. there is no answer?

I'd go from there, then when recognising it doesn't matter at all, redo the test, without chosing what you want it to be. Should help.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The fact that you are considering multiple outcomes, probably means you are INTP.

My boyfriend is INTP, though he did the test multiple times and came out with all sorts of answers. ISFP, INFP, ISTP and of course INTP.
I figured his dominant function is Introverted Thinking as he can't help but problem solve. He read the INTP description thoroughly and realised he related heavily to it.

Reactions: JoetheBull

·
Banned
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's ok. Just pick one, what can happen if wrong?

I wanted to explain the exact words 'it's ok', but have trouble explaining that 'feeling' of 'don't worry so much about a 'title', without either insulting or getting a discussion going on nothing. So, the question that lays underneath is:

What would you like to be?
What if.. there is no answer?

I'd go from there, then when recognising it doesn't matter at all, redo the test, without chosing what you want it to be. Should help.
Choosing a type simply because I'd like to be that type is not choosing in good faith. If I'm serious about my type, it should be the one that fits who I am the most.

I'll take up your advice about redoing the test, but at this point in time, I consider myself an INTP with a small preference for I and T. I'm willing to leave my type open as a loose outline, though. It doesn't have to explain everything, because MBTI doesn't need to have all the answers.

The fact that you are considering multiple outcomes, probably means you are INTP.

My boyfriend is INTP, though he did the test multiple times and came out with all sorts of answers. ISFP, INFP, ISTP and of course INTP.
I figured his dominant function is Introverted Thinking as he can't help but problem solve. He read the INTP description thoroughly and realised he related heavily to it.
He sounds like a guy with which I'd share a lot in common.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts