Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to completely examine a subject before making any decisions about it, but a lot of times I find myself frozen in thought since it is sometimes impossible to examin all sides of an issue (especially when it envoles emotional stuff). I find this very frustration because I spend so much time thinking of what to do I never actually do anything, ever (there are a few exceptions for example breathing)

Typical conversations with me usually goes something like this:
Other person: "hi"
Me: (thinks) well I could say hi back but everyone always says hi back and I don't want to be like everyone else so I must think of a better thing to say, but then that will just look like I'm trying to hard I certainly don't want that. I wonder why this person is saying hi to me in the first place in spite of the fact that we aren't particularly good friends. Why won't people just leave me the hell alone.
Other person: "freak" (walks away)

And thats why i don't have friends

Have any of y'all found this to be an issue? Do you having any specific examples of a time you wish you would have stopped over thinking and acted?

·
Registered
685 Posts
All the time. I haven't slept properly in years. I've never participated in social interaction that wasn't awkward in a way. The simpler a question is, the harder I find it is to answer it, largely due to the number of interpretations possible. I've found that I do noticeably better in any kind of testing when I manage to switch my mind into a lower level of functioning. It's an essential part of being a Ti-dominant.

·
Registered
782 Posts
That is one of the shitty drawbacks of Ti that takes from our already inferior Fe. Welcome to the world of being an INTP. A world where we can invent the next technological sensation, yet where we cannot hold a decent conversation for more than 15 seconds.

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
It's uncomfortable.

Although, I'm okay at holding conversations, I'm pretty awkward while doing so. I think I have a kind of inferior Fe innocent charm.

Mostly because Ti-Ne is battling for dominance and I'm second-guessing everything constantly.

Then, when the conversation is over, I always torture myself thinking of how I could have done it better. :tongue:

I thinkmy problem with me is that I take so much time to think, and enjoy the process of it, whereas others seem to, for the most part, be a lot 'quicker'. This has made me seem slow, or even dull.
That said-- I sleep okay. I have no complaints, really. I'm happy. :proud:

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
It's uncomfortable.

Although, I'm okay at holding conversations, I'm pretty awkward while doing so. I think I have a kind of inferior Fe innocent charm.

Mostly because Ti-Ne is battling for dominance and I'm second-guessing everything constantly.

Then, when the conversation is over, I always torture myself thinking of how I could have done it better. :tongue:

I thinkmy problem with me is that I take so much time to think, and enjoy the process of it, whereas others seem to, for the most part, be a lot 'quicker'. This has made me seem slow, or even dull.
That said-- I sleep okay. I have no complaints, really. I'm happy. :proud:
Difference between ENTP and INTP: ENTP sleeps well with infinite thoughts in their head, INTP must slaughter them to maintain sanity. Maybe.

·
Banned
5,168 Posts
Just return their "hi" and go back to your own thoughts. It's not that hard.

There are plenty of situations where not saying the same thing as everyone else is a perfectly valid thing to worry about. Meaningless social niceties aren't among them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just return their "hi" and go back to your own thoughts. It's not that hard.

There are plenty of situations where not saying the same thing as everyone else is a perfectly valid thing to worry about. Meaningless social niceties aren't among them.
I do this. I just say hi and return right back to my thoughts lol. I would analyze that kind of situation, but that's just me.

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
Difference between ENTP and INTP: ENTP sleeps well with infinite thoughts in their head, INTP must slaughter them to maintain sanity. Maybe.
It depends on the theory, but generally speaking, the difference between ENTP and INTP, a carefully guarded secret, mind you...

INTP is Ti-dominant, and ENTP is Ne-dominant. :shocked:

More seriously speaking though, if I en't an INTP, I'm an ENTP. :kitteh:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Several times someone, who I don't know, has said hi (my name) as I walk past. I usually just quickly walk past and say hi back with no eye contact, an occasional smile, and a slight wave. I've realized that this might seem really snooty, acting like I don't have time for them, but I really just can't deal with them at all without feeling like I need to take a 14 hour nap. I don't even know how these people know my name in the first place. Maybe I'm just that irresistible.

Reactions: Sellok

·
Banned
4,124 Posts
Several times someone, who I don't know, has said hi (my name) as I walk past. I usually just quickly walk past and say hi back with no eye contact, an occasional smile, and a slight wave. I've realized that this might seem really snooty, acting like I don't have time for them, but I really just can't deal with them at all without feeling like I need to take a 14 hour nap. I don't even know how these people know my name in the first place. Maybe I'm just that irresistible.
This used to happen to me all the time in school - someone would say hi to me, I mutter something back and walk on thinking "Uh...who was that?" Appearing snooty never once crossed my mind, I'm too busy trying to figure out who the hell are you and how do you know me because I don't think I've ever even seen you before?

Then again, I've gone through several school years without even knowing most of my classmates' names, so is it really any wonder I've been confused?

·
Registered
79 Posts
This used to happen to me all the time in school - someone would say hi to me, I mutter something back and walk on thinking "Uh...who was that?" Appearing snooty never once crossed my mind, I'm too busy trying to figure out who the hell are you and how do you know me because I don't think I've ever even seen you before?

Then again, I've gone through several school years without even knowing most of my classmates' names, so is it really any wonder I've been confused?
It is awkward when someone who you see in class every day says something to you and you can't remember their name. If you're good enough though, you can address them in ways that avoid using their names.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
It is awkward when someone who you see in class every day says something to you and you can't remember their name. If you're good enough though, you can address them in ways that avoid using their names.
Even more awkward is when you actually are their friend and only realize you have forgotten their name after you've started to try to say it.

·
Banned
1,338 Posts
I've just started to label all the thoughts that are solutionless with *recursive thought*--Its nice to think about them sometimes, but it's like that stairway in mario 64 that keeps going up and up...pointless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts