Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading through the ISTJ forums and I was noticing they have a lot of the same social dysfunctions we have...only it seems even worse sometimes. It was kinda encouraging because I always thought my main problem was being abstract but maybe not if ISTJ's struggle too.

What do you think?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Man you know what they are talking about how they are too serious and how this one girl met an INTP and lightened her up. haha seiously? If an INTP is lightening you up then you are pretty serious.

This makes me think personality theory is kinda just in our imaginations.

·
Registered
988 Posts
You have not refuted the theory using logic. Please elucidate.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts

·
Registered
INTJ
1,506 Posts
Well they probably care more socially, so they may suffer more even if they are more adept. Well, I think STs have a harder time communicating with feelers, because we can sometimes pass N off as F. And they are certainly far more high strung than any NT, but that =/= suffering socially.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol... what!?? haha..... is this to make you feel better about yourselves?? haha bash the ISTJs...
I'm not bashing ISTJ's you guys are such babies. It's just interesting that we both suck at expressing ourselves. I always thought it was my abstractness holding me back but ISTJ's struggle with the same thing while being concrete so maybe that isn't quite it. Just thought I'd get some feedback from other NT's because I'm too scared to ever post in the ISTJ forum again. I learned my lesson.

This is why Gaurdians annoy me. I have to explain and justify everything. It's not like their bad people it's just not worth the energy talking to them. And I really feel like it's them not me. They don't think. And if that is offensive I do not care.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think you guys are right about us not caring as much. I've seen ISTJ's and they are way better socially than me, even the geekier ones. I think it just might hurt them a bit more because they value community and cooperation.

Great point guys. See that's why I post these things. I wouldn't have come to that conclusion on my own.

·
Banned
932 Posts
I'm not bashing ISTJ's you guys are such babies. It's just interesting that we both suck at expressing ourselves. I always thought it was my abstractness holding me back but ISTJ's struggle with the same thing while being concrete so maybe that isn't quite it. Just thought I'd get some feedback from other NT's because I'm too scared to ever post in the ISTJ forum again. I learned my lesson.

This is why Gaurdians annoy me. I have to explain and justify everything. It's not like their bad people it's just not worth the energy talking to them. And I really feel like it's them not me. They don't think. And if that is offensive I do not care.
you're right. we don't think.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My dad is an ISTJ and he's one of the coolest guys I know. He destroys me in arguments all the time. He's perfectly capable of abstraction when he wants to be. ISTJ's are capable they just 98% of the time chose to just react to surface experience rather thank think seriously and foundational. It's annoying and a huge waste of my time.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
so it is 'bash the ISTJs' thread then?

No it's a "bash you for annoying me" thread.

Listen...I like conflict. I like to argue and fight. I enjoy it. It's what I do. I don't mess with you guys when I'm on your thread because I know you don't. I'm very polite when I'm there an don't argue so there is no misunderstanding. But this is my turf Gaurdian. I'm not going to hold back my NTness when you challenge me here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think it's true...

I'm definately not a social butterfly, a few good friends suffice...

However, both my ISTJ boyfriend and ISTJ sister are definately more anti social! I think it's because INTPs enjoy discussing theories with people close to them whereas an ISTJ is more structured and purposeful in nature. It's not to say that neither of them have friends nor that they do not go out with them...it just happens very rarely.

It's one of the things I like about my boyfriend, it means I don't have to go out all the time either! I'm quite socially awkward :confused: lol I only really come out of my shell in one on one conversations with friends. ISTJ's overly organised nature can be a bit scary though! It's also no fun talking to them about abstract things, you can almost see suggested theories fly over their head as they switch off or think about a more efficient way of organising their sock draws :tongue:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts