Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just contemplating today (as usual), trying to figure out why I'm such a bum.

More often than not I've taken the non-conventionalist approach to life (even with the adjective I just used which my computer swears is not a real word; o'well). At a very young age was my cunning apparent. I found the easier way from point A to B, sometimes at the expense of my poor peers. I knew how to work my parents to get what I wanted. Later, I found ways to make money without doing much work. I've always been such a sly bastard, but it's all catching up to me now. Now I realize the value of "experience." Most jobs won't hire one without it.

I'm realizing that I might have been using my extroverted intuition excessively during this whole charade. I've always seen alternative possibilities to life's boring normalcy. But now that I'm older, more tired; I see why the normalcy exists. It is safer to a certain extent. I feel like a criminal of the old west. Maybe Billy the kid. I've had my fun evading the law, obtaining without laboring, but I couldn't run forever. The jig is up. Is it time to turn myself in?

Does anyone else feel sly using their Ne?

·
Banned
3,960 Posts
No, I don't feel sly, but I did write elsewhere that I am starting to feel dishonest in a way.... or maybeI have been manipulative or dishonest without myself realising cos that is not my intent.

i.e. Helpdesk me: "You click on this and then this and this will get you this." (But actually, it is another department wanting the user to behave in a certain way to give them a win-win situation.)
I've started to say things like "Dept A is doing this this and this." (I found out that other colleagues think that I am stirring up politics by poking that department out for blame.)

You can't win ! I can only please myself. Cos I see the company as needing and wanting to make money, so therefore a win-win for all concerns are important. *shrugs*

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Just contemplating today (as usual), trying to figure out why I'm such a bum.

More often than not I've taken the non-conventionalist approach to life (even with the adjective I just used which my computer swears is not a real word; o'well). At a very young age was my cunning apparent. I found the easier way from point A to B, sometimes at the expense of my poor peers. I knew how to work my parents to get what I wanted. Later, I found ways to make money without doing much work. I've always been such a sly bastard, but it's all catching up to me now. Now I realize the value of "experience." Most jobs won't hire one without it.

I'm realizing that I might have been using my extroverted intuition excessively during this whole charade. I've always seen alternative possibilities to life's boring normalcy. But now that I'm older, more tired; I see why the normalcy exists. It is safer to a certain extent. I feel like a criminal of the old west. Maybe Billy the kid. I've had my fun evading the law, obtaining without laboring, but I couldn't run forever. The jig is up. Is it time to turn myself in?

Does anyone else feel sly using their Ne?
I wouldn't say sly...but not normal...althou i dont know If it is my Ne that has caused me to be like what i am. But similar to you, but i still do everything i did 5-7 years ago to make money, recession proof and quite magical really. But even in school i was making more money than most of the jobs i got 3 years afterwards.

But yeah sometimes i will often get a feeling of "i dont wanna do this anymore" and have a bit of a looking around and what else is on offer, and it turns out....there is nothing, i dont have any experience in anything else that i can get a job in it. so i have to do what i do now, and live with it

Reactions: Zebedee

·
Registered
696 Posts
I've had a marvellous time with my Ne ducking and weaving to avoid normalcy.

I wouldn't say I was sly so much, as scheming creative ways to survive outside of
the system and having fun with it. No hurting anyone, just justifiably avoiding oppression;
It's called keeping your sanity.

·
Registered
447 Posts
jeez why do you guys beat yourselves up? sounds great if you can earn a living outside of the system with little effort

I can see how my Ne has informed a few crucially timed financial decisions in my life, and I do flit around the edge of a professional career on a self employed 'my terms' basis, but I do still have to put in the effort to earn the crust (sigh).

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I use my Ne all the time but in alignment with my beliefs and values. I don't see things solely in terms of money. I see it in terms of energy. Money, time and resources are the usual exchange of energy between two people.

In order to have a equitable exchange of energy, my goal is to provide value. I don't get to determine what other people value. I have to provide what other people value. That's where the Ne comes in handy. I'm good at guessing what other people value and if they're missing it from their lives and then I go about providing that value in exchange for some type of energy.

I provide a certain value to the company I work for at my dayjob and in return they give me money, health insurance and schedule flexibility. I provide a some to my clients and they give me money and recommendations. I provide value to the people in my life and they give me their time and energy.

Otherwise, I'm just taking. And isn't that the reason why the world is so screwed up, because it's full of takers who provide no value for what they take from others.

Reactions: infpaul
1 - 7 of 7 Posts