Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and she said herself that she hasn't and wouldn't.

I am getting mad right now over this, and I think she thinks Im stupid. She has done this before, trying to get out of answering something by "technically" modifying it. I am sick of it, and I am about to just drop her out of my life, because she is dropping clues that may seem irrelevant to this, but I think it is relevant.

She doesnt want me out of her life, but thats going to change very, VERY soon. She will be crying like a baby having its lolipop taken from her.

Lol, Im sorry. What I wanted to ask was, is it right to assume she is lying?
Im sorry for ranting.

·
Registered
444 Posts
The fact is we're all different. If she's only 'technically' telling you the truth, give her an ultimatum, she either stops lying or you dump her.

·
Wizard
3,135 Posts
The fact is we're all different. If she's only 'technically' telling you the truth, give her an ultimatum, she either stops lying or you dump her.
Worst. Advice. Ever. INTPs regularly take scorched earth over ultimatums. It's almost impossible not to. There's no way that would do any good unless he's looking for an excuse to end things. Especially if she's still immature enough to operate on truth by technicality.

To the actual question posed by the OP; no, you could very easily be reading too deeply between the wrong lines. If she she's telling the truth--not in some weaselly way, mind you--and you go in with guns ablaze, it won't bode well for what little life your relationship has left. Hell, what am I saying? It already doesn't. You don't trust her. Put both of you out of your respective miseries and just end things amicably while you still can. Refer to the chart below if you need insight into how to achieve this laudable goal. Also, don't leave her hanging with no explanation. That would be even worse.

Short of that, my suggestion to ask for the whole truth and believe her when she tells you something.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you...I will.
Thats what Ive been doing, and I will continue to do it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If someone gave me an ultimatum... that would be the last time they did because I don't play that way. haha I pride myself in never lying. I watch what I say carefully though so maybe she's just being manipulative... but still not lying. heheh... I would just tell her how you feel exactly and either you care enough to find out what she thinks and do things her way... or you should just hit the road, Jack.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Worst. Advice. Ever. INTPs regularly take scorched earth over ultimatums. It's almost impossible not to. There's no way that would do any good unless he's looking for an excuse to end things. Especially if she's still immature enough to operate on truth by technicality.
I agree. I really don't understand ultimatums like "Join us or die," or "Do this or I will leave you." Ultimatums never work, unless your talking about politics. Then its another story.... *cough*France in WW2*cough*

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Ultimatums don't bother me much, only if I am listening to the person in the first place I guess. If this girl is lying to you now she will lie to you later. The question is, what kind of relationship or friendship are you after? I know guys who could care less if a girl lies, but I don't like it much myself.

My advice, start dating someone else and tell her all about it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The relationship is obviously on the way out; you don't trust her, and probably don't communicate well. This has nothing to do with MBTI type, but relationships in general.

Could you give us a little more context (i.e. what is she allegedly lying about?)?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
obviously I don't know this INTP girl and whether or not she is lying, but if I say I'm not lying and would not lie to you, I am not lying and would not lie to you. if you assumed that I was lying anyway, I would think you are stupid. if you think I'm dropping clues and that irrelevant things are relevant, I would think you are reading too much into things and jumping to conclusions. the whole thing would just seem completely irrational and ridiculous to me. if I did something dodgy and you assumed I did something worse than what I did, I would clarify that technically I only did something dodgy. if you deliver an ultimatum that I tell the truth (which would really be what you've somehow decided is the truth) or gtfo, I would happily gtfo and be done with all this ridiculousness.

(that probably sounded very harsh, I know, and I'm sorry. why do people ask INTPs for relationship advice, whyyy?)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Are you sure that you aren't just asking bad questions?

If I'm paying close attention, and notice meaning-changing words ("did you do it?" vs "did you do it yesterday?"), or incorrect reasoning or assumptions that went into making the question, my response will reflect those mistakes instead of the intended question.

If you do, getting an unexpected response could mean that you need to find a better way to ask questions, or she is actually paying very close attention to what you say.

Reactions: musun69 and Nitou

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Only she knows if shes lying. We are intps, not psychics.

Edit: However if any of you intps are psychic, please hit me up about my lottery numbers kthnx.

Reactions: Westdoc and musun69

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I don't want to state the reason why I thought she was lying, but I can give you a bit of background.

Basically, she was the person that I could trust the most, and we even have each others facebook logins, and stuff like that.
So, of course, she said she would never lie to me, and also said that she hasn't so far, but only twisting and bending her words. This also is applied to me. So I told her that I believe her now, and that I don't want her twisting and bending her words, because someone like me, would get curious over something like that. And she knows it too.

And also I am very grateful that you guys was interested in my problem that I had.
You even helped me out more than the infj's. lol
So yeah...Thanks again, guys.:happy:

·
Registered
673 Posts
One who pays someone else to commit murder is still guilty of murder even though their hands are clean. You can twist the truth to fit your own version of the truth but does it really change the truth?

This seems like it has very little to do with type and a lot to do with trust. It sounds to me that either she is incapable of earning your trust (real or imagined) or you are unwilling to give it. Either you deal with it or move on, pretty simple.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Not much to go on here, a total stranger is saying another total stranger may be lying by trying to get out of answering something by "technically" modifying. I would think frequent lying is out of character for most INTPs but we are human (sort of) and have shortcomings. I only personally know one INTP (me) and telling a direct lie is almost "technically" impossible. Squriming around the truth in extreme cirumstances to save face or spare someones feelings leaves a bad taste in my mouth but I have done it on rare occasions. You have not giving enough info for me to determime if she is lying to you or just not directly answering your question. I'm not even sure what your relationship with this person is or if it is any importants to you. So my answer to your question "am I wrong to assume she is lying to me" is yes because of the word "assume". INTPs do not assume anything, we must absolutely know something backed up with facts. If you have hard evidence of this person lying to you for no good reason then most likely she will continue to lie so you would have good reason to end the relationship. If she is INTP giving her some ultimatum will only result in her promptly and vividly discribing the appropriate orifice that you may insert it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wait, you made her cry based off of little to no evidence? When you're probably reading too far into things?

GREAT JOB. YOU'RE A PRINCE AMONG MEN.

Reactions: Ista and nothingnew
1 - 20 of 23 Posts