Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Type Treasure'sTower :p I appreciate your input.

"What's my Socionics type?" questionnaire

Personal concepts

1. What is beauty? What is love?

Beauty is something divine that flows through each one of us and throughout the universe. It is the recognition of anything that is outstanding in either the aesthetically pleasing or the sublime. Primarily, beauty is different disparate things converge into one fantastical or aesthetically pleasing whole which still allows the tension of seamlessly combining into one unified oneness without obfuscating the disparate intricate parts.

2. What are your most important values?

To know the truth about anything and everything. Fairness, compassion, objectivity and courage.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

Yes, I am a Nichiren Buddhist. I became a Buddhist because I felt that something was missing from my life that could not really be found in external objects or other people but within myself. I was drawn to Buddhism because it effectively combined both logic and the spiritual laws of the universe into a seamless whole - without requiring me to give up my brain (no offense intended). I just could never conceive of some anthropomorphic "creator" up there. I used to be an agnostic- atheist before I discovered Buddhism; as I didn't find anything about the anything about either the universe or ourselves being divine (or specifically having a Buddha nature) to be at odds with logic. Even Einstein endorses it.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

I'm against it. War solves nothing but continues to bring suffering to countless innocent individuals. It is the toxic gift on a mass multi-generational scale that keeps on giving. I consider myself to be a global citizen devoid of nationality; unless you want to consider my nationality to be Humanist.

Power to me is knowledge. Knowledge is power and power is knowledge. You can never have enough knowledge. With it, you have the best possible resource to control your life, maximise your happiness and reduce suffering. I would choose having knowledge over looks, money; pretty much everything else. Understanding the world around me, means everything to me.

Interests

5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

Philosophy mostly, psychology, neuroscience, how people think. I love discussing books that look at things in a different way; like Malcolm Gladwell's Blink, for instance or Daniel's Kahenman's Thinking Fast and Thinking Slow. I also love discussing cosmology, theories of consciousness, time and art, and any and all things existentialism. I am also reading a book about Kafka's philosophies and the psychology of art. My interests include chess, theater, music and I am currently studying web design.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?

I am very much into alternative medicine and nutrition. My apartment could double as a mini health store. I should add that I recovered from a very serious illness over 5 1/2 years ago and I believed that a dangerous lack of nutrition and seriously neglecting my bodily need, was a contributing factor. However, I am not now and never have been focused on my body. That and supressing my emotions was probably why I got so sick in the first place. I do try to force myself to maintain a regular yoga practice, however. As far as a conversation topic is concerned, I only discuss it, when my friends complain of various ailments and I share my knowledge with them because I want them to be happy and healthy.

7. What do you think of daily chores?

Can you ask me that question again - preferably in a Foreign language; so, I can comprehend it better? :tongue:

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

See question 5. Kafka's The Trial, Dostoyevsky's The Brothers Karamasov, Camus' The Rebel and The Myth of Sisyphus. Books about astronomy, psychology, neuroscience, consciousness, art, philosophy etc. and Gary Larson's The Far Side cartoons. Of course, the Enneagram and Cognitive functions. Films: Mulholland Drive, The Life of Brian, Strangers on a Train, Heathers, After Hours, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, Dead of Night, House of Games, Midnight in Paris, Black Swan, Moulin Rouge, Chicago, Some Like it Hot, The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

Hmmm . . . when people I care about misunderstand me in not a good way, when I am sick or frightened of something. I cried over what happened at Sandy Hook; sometimes, sad movies. On the whole, though; I usually don't cry at all for the most part; I am adverse to wallowing in negative emotions. Absolutely anything and everything makes me smile or more accurately laugh. If I weren't already a Buddhist; hands down, humour would be my religion. I am constantly seeing the absurd in life and just about everything about it, is hilarious to me. Other than that, I guess, children, animals and artists make me smile.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

When I chant (in my Buddhist practice) because it grounds me; in art galleries, in my twice monthly Buddhist meetings and when people thank my posts in this thread.

Evaluation & Behaviour

11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

I procrastinate a lot, am messy, frequently late, disorganized. I dislike my inability to sufficiently motivate myself to do anything. I practically live in my head. I dislike my fear of incompetence and being engulfed by everyone and everything to rule my life and my impatience with things unfolding naturally.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

People see me as insightful, understanding, intelligent, insatiably curious, sarcastic, thoughtful, compassionate and funny with an off-the-wall-wicked sense of humour.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?

I really need to be much more proactive and organized - especially when it comes to doing things in the real world. I also have some confusion about boundary issues but that has gotten a lot better in recent years. Help me deal with the adverse effects that having a narcissistic mother has had on me. Helping me learn everything that there is to know about web design.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

See my answers to questions 11. and 13. again.

People & Interactions

15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?[/COLOR

I really appreciate caring, witty, intelligent, objective, rational, curious, playful, and self-aware people with integrity. I do my best to avoid excessively emo, angry, irrational, self-absorbed, loud, inconsiderate, controlling, superficial and negative people, if I'm able.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

I have an approach/avoidance situation going on with romance. I like it for all of the good things like closeness, cuddling, doing fun things together, sex and having long, meaningful convos about life. I hate it for the emotional messiness, frightening intensity, possibility of emotional disconnection, unpredictability and demands on my time or energy. I much prefer sticking to friendships - with the sole exception of the lack of sex - most of the good and very little of the bad.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

I adore children and I have been told that I have an unusual ability to relate to them. My main concerns would be their happiness, freedom and safety. I would want them to be emotionally well-adjusted and healthy; free to pursue their bliss and personal truths and of course, free from harm - as much as possible.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

Well, it would depend on which belief, how strongly I felt about it and how much value I placed on their reactions to them. My spiritual practice means a lot to me but I am very tolerant of people who disagree with it. I guess my political beliefs would probably be a much better example. I have strong leftist liberal leanings and all of my friends happen to fall into that category. I could not be friends with bigots, people who value money over the health and happiness of others, manipulators and liars. I ended a friendship with someone who persisted in making prejudiced ignorant comments about people.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

As I answered in question 3.; I am a Nichiren Buddhist. I believe that we are all connected and that everyone of us has within us a Buddha nature which only they can choose to manifest. I see most people as good, well-meaning but troubled and sometimes suffering unnecessarily because they mistakenly seek happiness outside themselves. My relationship to society? I think that there should be greater distribution of wealth to heal the ever widening gap between the rich and the poor. I see a prevalent social problem is the way we deal with the mentally ill. It is really difficult because you need to find an ethical balance between maintaining the rights of the individual with the powers of a society to adequately address those concerns. Many mentally ill people waste way because, nothing can be done to help them without their consent. There is far too much emphasis on a me-me-me/looking out for number 1 mentality and not enough about caring about the needs of others. In the states, gun control would be number one on my list.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

I choose my friends based on common interests, values and beliefs. I am warm, supportive, and playfully sarcastic around them. I also choose people based on how objective, compassionate, interesting and how respective or my boundaries, they are.

21. How do you behave around strangers?

I am warm, civil but very reserved. I usually feel awkward in groups but I hide it well.

I appreciate any and all feedback but I would especially grateful to @Abraxas, @bearotter, @Boss, @monemi, @Animal, @whyalice, @Figure, @Flatlander, @Dear Sigmund @FreeBeer, @Donovan, @name User, @an Absurd Man, @Promethea, @cursive, @Crossover; for their help. No pressure to respond, though. :kitteh:

Extra Info: I am very sensitive to other people's feelings except in the case of humour and maintaining my boundaries. I will not tolerate anybody telling what to think or feel - especially in regards to myself. I am extremely vigilant about this. As for my sense of humour: Humour defines me and is, my life. If it weren't for my ability to laugh at life's absurdities, I probably wouldn't even be here. In that sense you could say, that if I were to believe in any type of "God"; it would be the God of humour. I could not exist without my humour and I wouldn't want to exist without my Nichiren Buddhist practice.

My sense of humour is based on irony and can sometimes be quite dark. It has no filter and I refuse to rein it in for anyone. I have no desire to hurt anyone's feelings ever but if I find something that amuses me; I'm going to damn well say it. For example, I was at a potluck recently and someone brought a dish with some leaves sprinkled on it. Someone asked me what they were and I couldn't figure it out, until I actually tasted it. I replied, that it could be marijuana for all I know, which got me some shocked expressions but I got a kick out of it. I don't think that anyone was really offended either.

·
Registered
6,079 Posts
I'm flattered that you want my input. :blushed: However, I don't feel I know enough about socionics yet for me to start typing people. I really only know about MBTI and Enneagram. :unsure:

I will say though that you sound a lot like me. Not sure if that's a good thing though...

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
@TreasureTower you did so much better at answering those questions than me. I can answer a few tough questions like that, but 21 personal questions in a row was beyond my limit. I quit. Much easier reading someone else's. I really don't know enough about socionics to try typing, but I will say that I appreciate Buddhist philosophy. While it usually goes deeper than I go, I find when I listen to it, it isn't so different to how I see life. And I don't intend to try to be crunchy, it does seem to be how I lean when it comes to health related items. I'll tend to skip the deeper messages but share many of the ideas. I don't shop in person from my local health store. It's hard to find what I'm looking for on the shelf and when I ask for help, they start talking to me about spiritual health and mind body connection and that makes me squirm. Better to order online. That flavoured raspberry leaf tea is tastes the best!

I'm not helpful, sorry.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will say though that you sound a lot like me. Not sure if that's a good thing though...
Well of all the types I am considering LII and IEI seem to come the closest; so yes, that definitely does help. =)

@TreasureTower you did so much better at answering those questions than me. I can answer a few tough questions like that, but 21 personal questions in a row was beyond my limit. I quit.
I'm not helpful, sorry.
Yeah, I didn't do one of these for either the Enneagram or the MBTI but for very different reasons. With the Enneagram, it wasn't necessary and with MBTI, I just couldn't wrap my brain around the questionnaire. At least this one seemed like fun. I took me at least a few hours to complete it; so, I understand your frustration. No need to apologise and I prefer Lemon Ginger tea, myself.

:happy:

Reactions: monemi and Halcyon

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know if this helps any but I have gotten LII IEI ILI ILE EII on the tests. Of those, I don't really relate all that much to EII or ILI. I am split down the middle between L/E and I get XII on 40% of the tests; IXI on the other 40% and ILE on 20%.

PLEASE TYPE ME.

:kitteh:

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
*shrugs* Ok, "ME."

Now down to business :D

Do you believe in absolute truth and if so what do you define it as?

Yes I do but it isn't really something you can put into words. It's just this sense of clarity of the mind; when suddenly everything makes sense and you understand and know the truth.

·
Registered
229 Posts

Yes I do but it isn't really something you can put into words. It's just this sense of clarity of the mind; when suddenly everything makes sense and you understand and know the truth.
Okie doke. Could you perhaps talk a bit about a time you have experienced this then? When everything suddenly made sense to you I mean. Not like a objective definition, but like a subjective experience.

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okie doke. Could you perhaps talk a bit about a time you have experienced this then? When everything suddenly made sense to you I mean. Not like a objective definition, but like a subjective experience.
K, I'll give it my best. I was struggling with a difficult decision, involving an unrewarding relationship I was in and which I felt very confused and couldn't make any logical sense of what to do. I just started doing other unrelated things, like reading about something else, when suddenly the answer just kind of clicked inside my head. Suddenly I just knew what the right course of action to take was.

Another example: I was talking to this guy who looked very sad and seemed to be really nice but something was really off about him. I had this weird feeling that he was really angry; even though he neither looked nor acted angry. A few weeks later, in response to an innocuous question on my part; he just started yelling at me and hurling ludicrous accusations at me.

Another one: several years ago, this guy in a health club came up to me and started to talk to me. He seemed on the surface to be very friendly but I felt an extreme sense of revulsion and fear and I knew that I would be in grave danger; should I ever allow myself to be alone with this individual. I remember feeling disoriented because he didn't say anything wrong but I knew that he wanted to hurt me. I instinctively know whether or not I can trust someone and I always know what people's true motivations are.

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Leaning towards IEI currently. Must away to work though. If you have questions about this I can explain later :D

EDIT: Or rather it will be easier to write up my explanation once I can quote posts properly. My phone messes it up.
I first understand things experientially; then I try to make sense of what I've experienced and logically analyze it.

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I relate to LII IEI and ILE the most.

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
I'm not good at socionics. Honestly I don't get how to approach it properly. I can't even tell what my own type is, socionics or mbti.

I know the theory thou and have read extensively on the subject, so if I have time and you are willing to risk being mistyped based on the limited information I have about you, then ok.

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I'm not good at socionics. Honestly I don't get how to approach it properly. I can't even tell what my own type is, socionics or mbti.

I know the theory thou and have read extensively on the subject, so if I have time and you are willing to risk being mistyped based on the limited information I have about you, then ok.
Well, even if you mistype me; I at least have something to work with; so, I'm game. =XD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETA: to include @Fern, @OMG WTF BRO and @NameUser (since I messed up the "mention" :blushed:)

Reactions: LadyO.W.BernieBro

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Leaning towards IEI currently. Must away to work though. If you have questions about this I can explain later :D

EDIT: Or rather it will be easier to write up my explanation once I can quote posts properly. My phone messes it up.
I would be extremely grateful if you could explain your reasoning. FWIW, after reading the various type descriptions; I am kind of leaning in that direction as well. I did the questionaire because since Socionics is (unlike the MBTI) specifically geared toward behavior, other people's perception of my answers would be very revealing, I would guess.

Reactions: bearotter

·
Registered
229 Posts
I would be extremely grateful if you could explain your reasoning. FWIW, after reading the various type descriptions; I am kind of leaning in that direction as well. I did the questionaire because since Socionics is (unlike the MBTI) specifically geared toward behavior, other people's perception of my answers would be very revealing, I would guess.
Yes! Absolutely I will :D I honestly meant to do it earlier in the week but my schedule suddenly exploded on me and I've been running all five kinds of everywhere with not a second to spare. I should be able to tonight.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Well, even if you mistype me; I at least have something to work with; so, I'm game. =XD
:p well after my brother testing as MBTI ENTP and thinking he was intuitive for a long time (years), I successfully identified him as socionics SLE, which ultimately made sense as he doesn't like to consider anything that isn't immediately practical despite his immense IQ :p....also it finally made sense why he gravitates towards busyness, is abrasive, impulsive, commanding and hates theorizing.

This sort of makes socionics valuable enough, in his case it meant making the difference between ENTP AND ESTP, now for me it meant finding ways to efficiently communicate with him as the relationship was going downhill fast lately (functional differences).

Here we go:

[HR][/HR]

Long story short, you are either ENTp ILE or ENFp IEE and here is why:

Ne - dominant. You are scattered as hell and interested in a very wide range of things. Only Ne doms have Se as a role function. Breath vs depth and believe me you are very Ne-ish, most specifically because you have Se as a role function and it is very clear from your approach, which is basically this:
Se as Role Function

The individual tends to criticize himself for being less disciplined and organized than he should be, and typically tries to improve himself in this area, with very limited success. He is almost unable to make himself (or anyone else, for that matter) do things that they do not want to do, and is more likely to abandon a situation where people don't want to do anything rather than figure out how to mobilize or organize them properly. Discipline, organization, and mobilization can occur on their own, though, when there is a situation that demands it (as opposed to trying to generate it by oneself). However, he grows increasingly tired and emotionally worn out from having to put up a fight, and begins to look for a different, easier route rather than continue to confront the challenge directly.

He resents any attempts to "push" him to do things and rejects the idea of people pressuring each other to do things. He himself avoids the use of pressure, preferring instead to entice and inspire. Only severe irritation can make him become forceful and demanding for brief periods of time until he calms down.
- See more at: Socionics Information Elements: Se
;) and I'm quoting you:

I procrastinate a lot, am messy, frequently late, disorganized. I dislike my inability to sufficiently motivate myself to do anything. I practically live in my head. I dislike my fear of incompetence and being engulfed by everyone and everything to rule my life and my impatience with things unfolding naturally.
I specifically related a lot to the above. I keep thinking I'm ENTP as well, a lot of the ENTPs on the MBTI forums are actually ESTPs, especially the abrasive and pushy ones. ENTPs are supposed to be NERD-ish not cocky hotshots.

On another note you enjoy Si-ish things like art and comfort. The post seemed like Si seeking to me.

It is unclear to me which ENxp you are thou. At first I saw T-ish traits, but then you showed aristocratic behavior and love for irony that is typical of ENFp.

:p also its nice to see a fellow atheist turned Buddhist & someone who lives in their heads as much as I do. Lots of similarities there ^^, felt a sense of kinship reading the post...in some ways you are similar to me...odd haha.

If you were IEI, then you would lack willpower. Ni doms can be inert, apathetic, indecisive and may end up doing nothing unless pushed by someone like a Se dom, which is the very embodiment of willpower. You don't seem like that to me.

Einstein for example was type 5w4 ILE ENTp and Thomas Henry Huxley "Darwin's Bulldog" 3w2 ENFp IEE

For some reasons I'm leaning towards ILE more, thou I can't decide since I'm a Ne dom as well and imo both options are a good start for exploring.

XD welcome to being a reclusive cognitive extrovert lol.

:crazy: random crazy ass analysis complete! Hope you like and in case you test IEI you should know I tested IEI as well. The tests suck and socionics doesn't really endorse any testing in particular specifically because self report testing can spit back flawed and erroneous results.

If you are willing I can do an analysis of your eneagram type and tritype as well. Requires other questions to be answered or I can just give you the basic rundown of the thing which makes it easy and fast to type yourself, if you are interested ofc. (I did a lot of research on that one, also a lot of thought and gut-wrenching uncomfortable self realizations went into it XD).

1 - 20 of 181 Posts