Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So every test I've taken in the last 4 years or so has pointed me to INFJ. I took a test yesterday and it said INFJ. However, I took a different one today and it gave me INFP. Sooo I think it's safe to say I am an INFX. WIth that being said, how much variation is there between the tests to give different results?

I believe the last test I took with J it was a reading of around 38-40 percent
The last test I took, which gave me a P, was at like 60 percent!

So I'm not sure what to think now, lol.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Do you spend more time thinking about values or foreseeing the future?

As an INFP, you are much more aware of your own feelings due to introverted feeling. You don't usually express these feelings very much to the outside world. You're intuitiveness is also directed outwards where you interpret the outside world in search of symbolism and connections among multiple contexts.

INFJs use extraverted feeling as a supporting function. They are more likely to willingly share their opinions, beliefs, values and so on to other people as they are looking to implement their values into the external world usually as a way of helping others.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The way you describe it, I think I am an INFJ. With people I am comfortable with, I like to talk about what's important to me and I have no problem opening up to those people about things I feel strongly about.

I am pretty aware of my feelings, but the "search of symbolism through connections" doesn't resonate with me as much as "share beliefs... usually as a way of helping others".

I guess it's tough to say, maybe I am on the border of each, but thanks for the insight and explanation.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Both types are unique - I'd recommend checking out their forums and seeing which you resonate with most.

The typical J/P question is : "Do you feel better before or after a decision?" Ps prefer to leave options open in case new data appears, and don't want to decide for that reason. Js prefer to make the decision given what data is available, and feel better after.

...and as an INFJ, I am more aware of other people's feelings than my own. :happy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts