Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
INTP 9w8 359 autistic empath old soul
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How old are you? What's your gender? Give us a general description of yourself.

I am a 14-year-old male living in the UK. I have poor education but everyone thinks I'm smart.

Is there a medical diagnosis that impact your mental/comportamental stability somehow?

Yes. I certainly have autism [diagnosed at 4], and very likely some eating disorder however currently undiagnosed. Though my appetite is normal, I am overly pedantic about calorie intake and exercise and religiously do at least 16,000 steps a day and try to keep my calorie intake under 1,700.

Describe your upbringing. Did it have any kind of religious or structured influence? How did you respond to it?

I had a very complicated and traumatic upbringing. Long story short: It was perfectly normal, growing up in a working-class nuclear, until I was five, when my father died. Straight after I lived, with my mother and brother, in the home of my maternal aunt and cousin, for three months. Afterwards, we got our own home and I switched school, and mother fell in love with a stepfather who I had a very toxic relationship with and eventually found abusive. It was like that until I was 12, when my homicidal intentions were leaked, and I was placed under the care of the local council and hated it because of the lack of consideration for my autonomy.

As for any religious influence, I was brought up Roman Catholic, however I slowly outgrew Abrahamic religion and I currently identify as an atheist.

What do you do as a job or as a career (if you have one)? Do you like it? Why or why not?

I'm currently unemployed, for obvious reasons, and I would hate having any job. I used to want to be a musician or author so badly but the older I got and the more time went on, the less creative and artistic I was. Right now I'm considering a more scientific career path, I might be a psychologist/psychiatrist or pharmacologist, but I don't have much faith in going back to school and getting good grades because I'm locked in a really shitty baby school where I learn literally nothing and my social worker won't let me leave at all.

If you had to spend an entire weekend by yourself, how would you feel? Would you feel lonely or refreshed?

I'd feel absolutely great. I love my solitude, but never need it.

What is your relation with movement and your surroundings? For instance do you prefer a sport or outdoors event? If an outdoors event what is it? And why? If not what type of activities do you tend to engage i?

I'm always attuned to my senses and what is going on around me. This has even resulted in problems such as needing utter silence to concentrate and focus on what I'm doing. I can't stand people talking in the background or cars wooshing by.

I'm not the sporty type, however, as mentioned in this post, I walk a LOT each day. I don't enjoy walking. God, it can even be as tedious as fuck, but I do it to keep fit.

How curious are you? Do you have more ideas then you can execute? What are your curiosities about? What are your ideas about - is it environmental or conceptual, and can you please elaborate?

Fairly curious, but not overly. I'm hyper-interested in MBTI especially, further down the hierarchy I can list nutritional/health data and aesthetics.

Would you enjoy taking on a leadership position? Do you think you would be good at it? What would your leadership style be?

I honestly do not know if I would be a good leader. Sometimes when in a group, I can be loud and bossy and can have the power to change the topic or just shut everyone up.

Are you coordinated? Why do you feel as if you are or are not? Do you enjoy working with your hands in some form? Describe your activity?

I'm fairly coordinated most of the time, but I can be clumsy sometimes. I'm fine with working with my hands, but I'm not a kinaesthetic learner. I tend to learn by taking notes.

Are you artistic? If yes, describe your art? If you are not particular artistic but can appreciate art please likewise describe what forums of art you enjoy. Please explain your answer.

Kind of. I like making memes, and occasionally visual art and pieces of creative writing. I'm really drawn to the weirdcore/webcore aesthetic, and the music I like includes the Neighbourhood, Lana Del Rey, Grimes, Cage the Elephant, Arctic Monkeys, and MARINA. I always prefer melody and instrumentation over lyrics, and have a tendency to listen to the same old songs on repeat.

What's your opinion about the past, present, and future? How do you deal with them?

I tend to live in the moment, sometimes even making very stupid impulsive decisions, even though I know about the unpleasant consequences. I also like to reminisce about the past and idealise it, but daydream and envision the future. My perception of how the future will be, and what job I will have and where I will live in the future, changes all the time.

How do you act when others request your help to do something (anything)? If you would decide to help them, why would you do so?

I'm never really attentive to that sort of thing.

Do you need logical consistency in your life?

I don't really know, but I tend to stay away from things that I don't find logical.

How important is efficiency and productivity to you?

Not very important. I'm not the most productive out there, as a professional procrastinator.

Do you control others, even if indirectly? How and why do you do that?

No, not at all, as far as I'm aware.

What are your hobbies? Why do you like them?

My hobbies include listening to music, browsing the internet, journalling, watching Netflix, and definitely MBTI.

What is your learning style? What kind of learning environments do you struggle with most? Why do you like/struggle with these learning styles? Do you prefer classes involving memorization, logic, creativity, or your physical senses?

I need a quiet, solitary space to study, and I learn best by note-taking, repetition and memorisation.

How good are you at strategizing? Do you easily break up projects into manageable tasks? Or do you have a tendency to wing projects and improvise as you go?

I'm fairly good at planning things out and love doing it, but can also have a strong tendency to go with the flow and keep my options open.

What's important to you and why?

What's important to me is being skinny, having the internet, and having as much freedom as possible.

What are your aspirations?

Aspirations? I don't really have any. I used to be very optimistic and starry-eyed about my career - I dreamt of making a living as a musician or author in my teenage years, going to university in another country, and living in a nice house and having kids and being rich and everything - but now I can't be bothered.

What are your fears? What makes you uncomfortable? What do you hate? Why?

I'm scared of weight gain. I also have phobias of dogs and needles.

What do the "highs" in your life look like?

Staying up late, listening to music, chatting with online friends, writing in my journal really interesting questions I found on Pinterest.

What do the "lows" in your life look like?

Having to negotiate with the manager of the shitty group home I live in. I've got daddy issues.

How attached are you to reality? Do you daydream often, or do you pay attention to what's around you? If you do daydream, are you aware of your surroundings while you do so?

I'm very attached to reality, but while daydreaming, can detach, especially whilst listening to music. My daydreams tend to be about the future, or inventing characters and hypothetical scenarios.

Imagine you are alone in a blank, empty room. There is nothing for you to do and no one to talk to. What do you think about?

If this is an experiment that will be written about in a book that will go down in history and people will remember me.

How long do you take to make an important decision? And do you change your mind once you've made it?

I'm very indecisive.

How long do you take to process your emotions? How important are emotions in your life?

I'm mostly cold and emotionally detatched, however, can sometimes experience very intense emotions that may entirely change my train of thought and courses of action. My depressive episodes tend to be quite long, and I cure them by sleeping.

Do you ever catch yourself agreeing with others just to appease them and keep the conversation going? How often? Why?

Kind of, however, I'm also prone to forming my own opinion on something that probably differs from what most people think.

Do you break rules often? Do you think authority should be challenged, or that they know better? If you do break rules, why would you?

I have had a history of breaking the law. I completely lack a moral compass and have done things - such as trespassing or bicycle theft - with no remorse for others. I tend to distrust authority figures and would rather do my research and make my own judgement.

What is the ideal life, in your opinion?

My ideal life is living alone in a really scenic rural area [with wi-fi obviously] and/or one of my childhood homes, with pets [which I'm currently not allowed to have 😢] and having a beautiful living space. Honest to god, the manager of this prison-like home is so lazy he never brought me my bedroom furniture even though I constantly nagged him to and even ended up buying my own lamp out of my own pocket money.

Other information

• My first every 16Personalities result was INTP. After a few more times, I got INFP, ENFP and ISFP however I don't think I have Fi anywhere in my stack. Every time I take that same old test for the billionth time I get ESFP.
  • Someone who I chat with on Instagram, who claims to be an INTJ, tells me that I'm an INTP. However, I take what they're saying with a grain of salt and they're typing people based off stereotypes alone - if I hate small talk, then I'm not an xSFJ as one example.
  • I have took the Michael Colaz test a million times and on each and every one of them got very different results. However, ESTP and ENFJ were often quite high up on the list.
  • On the Enneagram I am totally all over the place. I keep on getting typed as a 7, but personally I think I might be a 4w3 or 3w4, or perhaps 9w8.
  • I once took an online Socionics test and got LSE [ESTj]
  • I think my first ever moral alignment test result was Neutral Evil but I could be wrong.
  • All over the internet I kept on clinging to the INTP label as it was my first ever result, but deep down I don't really think I'm an INTP but I kind of have this unconscious desire to be one.
  • I love to initiate conversations, use many social networking sites - Reddit, Twitter, Insta, Tumblr, and Quora - and end up talking to a lot of different people online, but barely have any actual friends.
  • I have severe identity issues and feel like I rely on the external world for a sense of self. My idea of who I am individually fluctuates on a monthly basis unpredictably.
Type is all about how your raw brain works if it was cut out of your head. It's got nothing to do with things such as your favourite school subjects or whether you're a cat or dog person, that's all stereotypical. I don't know at all what my personality is like. In fact, I feel like I don't have one at all.

·
Registered
INTJ
361 Posts
You say you have autism so it is very likely you are an ISTJ, ISTP, INTP, or INTJ. Also, as a part of autism you have a sensory processing disorder, and you might want to understand that as not part of your personality necessarily.

How curious are you? Do you have more ideas then you can execute? What are your curiosities about? What are your ideas about - is it environmental or conceptual, and can you please elaborate?

Fairly curious, but not overly. I'm hyper-interested in MBTI especially, further down the hierarchy I can list nutritional/health data and aesthetics
nutrition and aesthetics are broadly S. Usually nutrition gets put with Si and aesthetics as part of Se, but broadly they are S.

You mention quite a few times you are afraid of being fat and that your ideal life is something involving beautiful scenery, so I have to believe you are some kind of sensor. That leaves either ISTJ or ISTP, because I really doubt INTP and INTJ.

To be honest, you are a stereotypical autistic ISTP. I know quite a few. What particularly stands out to me is you describe your self as sociopathic/psychotic/evil whatever, and heretical. This is something very common along the types of INTP and ISTP. I-TJ types are generally hyper conscientious and I-TP types are much harder to hold down with authority. ISTP is like the classic warrior type.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts