Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT:
My need to control stems from my anxiety clearly. Take that into consideration before reading anything else.

Everyone is on the fritz lately with their MBTI and questioning it. I want in on the fun.

I tried inserting a gif response here but the image insert is complete shit (YES I SAID IT FIGHT ME).

On to the questionnaire:
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind?
I'm currently in therapy for anxiety as well as binging/restricting symptoms. I have ADHD as well and am lately skipping meds. Male, 19, tired and drugged (wisdom teeth removal).
1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

Cannot copy and paste image but here is the link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/17947125966/in/explore-2015-05-22/

My eyes draw to the grass. It looks enthralling, and it reminds me that things will stay alive and die, over and over again, in this eternal cycle.
2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
-"Why the hell did I agree to go with these people?"
-"Where is the manual so we can fix it?"
-"Where is the nearest phone booth so we can call an auto repair man?"

Honestly, I think I would be a bit nervous since we'd be in unfamiliar territory, however, I'd remain calm and try to find a manual and the correct chapter on fixing whatever the problem is, but first, I would call the repairman or whoever comes to toll cars. Car tolls? I don't know.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
"No. Take me home now."
If we did manage to go the after party, I wouldn't have fun. Parties bore and drain me. Chances are I'd sit in a corner and think about whatever captures my interest.
4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
I would try to examine it and understand where they are coming from so I could try to persuade them to my side. Outwardly, I would phrase it empathetically since insulting someone really wouldn't work (lol), but if what I said didn't work, I'd leave it at that.
Once my bitch homophobe aunt took me on a car ride and lectured me on my sexuality. My Jehovah's Witness grandma got really mad at her and wouldn't let her over for a month. It was amazing.
5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
Ignore it, I'm not here to rule over others lives and make decision for them, as unfortunate as that is x)! I sometimes yearn to fix others problems because it's like others cannot do it correctly.
6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Hm.
1) I want to help those that no one has tried to help. I spent my high school years holed up in my room, crying, shaking, restricting, burning my hands, and no one tried to help me. I want to change that for kids who are in the same position. I want to give them a voice and to help them through that time.
2) Objectivity. I may be a subjective person by nature but I want to be correct and factual. I want to differentiate what is subjective and objective so I can be true.
3) Honest. Do not lie to me.
4) Get shit done on time and don't half ass it. I want to do everything to the best of my ability and either before a due date or on time. I want to either earn a PhD or MD one day, so I can't half ass those things and need to build habits now.
7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) My stubborness. Once I make a decision, it is made and it is law.
b) Refer to end of questionairre
8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I guess it depends on what I'm feeling. If I feel like I am correct on an assumption, I will probably go through with examining the person more. My brother is depressed with psychotic symptoms and for a while I played suicide watch. I could really figure him out, and my family couldn't. I would constantly point this out and was baffled that they never picked up on this. This turned into one of many anxiety induced breakdowns for me, but I don't want to talk about this any further.

My triggers are generally uncovering the truth.
9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) Reading and spending time alone. Thinking and studying.
b) exercising, exercising, exercising, AND AT THE GYM. There are too many people with too little parking spaces and too little machines and generally my anxiety flares there.
10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I generally am a very self concious individual and make up for it by being sarcastic, blunt, and honestly, rather mean. It's something that makes me very sad when I think about it and I am currently trying to work on it.

Have at it ladies and gents.

Oh for fucks sake, someone needs to fix this.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
tired and drugged (wisdom teeth removal)
chose a great time for typing you :laughing:

My eyes draw to the grass. It looks enthralling, and it reminds me that things will stay alive and die, over and over again, in this eternal cycle.
How do ppl get this deep shit out of pictures. I got UFO clouds and a grass that looks like someone doesn't know how to pain realistic undergrowth yet.

Not a TP.

Fi&Te type. TJ or FP.

FP likely. Seem introverted.

IxFP. I didn't see much that would indicate either way. Image "I pulled it out of the Warp hat" description sounds like Ni. Lack of love form the gym can be stereotyped as not Se but do you have pushing yourself or being in the gym because people and smelly? Does exercising drains you in a bad or good way? I'm half-tempted to link my Ne posts but they are not err scientific. So let's roll with this for now.

Reactions: Immolate

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chose a great time for typing you :laughing:

How do ppl get this deep shit out of pictures. I got UFO clouds and a grass that looks like someone doesn't know how to pain realistic undergrowth yet.

Not a TP.

Fi&Te type. TJ or FP.

FP likely. Seem introverted.

IxFP. I didn't see much that would indicate either way. Image "I pulled it out of the Warp hat" description sounds like Ni. Lack of love form the gym can be stereotyped as not Se but do you have pushing yourself or being in the gym because people and smelly? Does exercising drains you in a bad or good way? I'm half-tempted to link my Ne posts but they are not err scientific. So let's roll with this for now.
That's what makes it fun :").

I think it drains me because I'm so self concious and am trying to figure out if anyone is going to judge me lol. I used to love exercise and was almost muscular at one point and absolutely enjoyed it. Now I get frustrated at myself because I have become weak and scrawny.

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
First of all, let me just send love your way. I have a history with eating disorders so I know it is hard to work through all that. <3

Secondly, I agree that you are probably INFP. I could also see INTJ or ISFP, but I think INFP is much more likely. There seems to be a lot of Fi-motivation and the sort of focus on improving objectivity that goes along with inferior-Te.

Reactions: Slagasauras

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First of all, let me just send love your way. I have a history with eating disorders so I know it is hard to work through all that. <3

Secondly, I agree that you are probably INFP. I could also see INTJ or ISFP, but I think INFP is much more likely. There seems to be a lot of Fi-motivation and the sort of focus on improving objectivity that goes along with inferior-Te.
Thank you, it's shameful since there is a stigma for boys who even show the slightest hint of having symptoms or an actual disorder. I would say I binge/restrict as a form of control/self harm since it's immediately gratifying, and losing it is an idea I am uncomfortable with. But, I want to live a normal life.
I'm happy to see you are either close to recovered or have recovered :).

Okay haha, that explains how I've gotten more organized and successful lately, at least academically and job related ;-).

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
That's what makes it fun :").

I think it drains me because I'm so self concious and am trying to figure out if anyone is going to judge me lol. I used to love exercise and was almost muscular at one point and absolutely enjoyed it. Now I get frustrated at myself because I have become weak and scrawny.
Still doesn't say against neither tert Si nor aux Se. Also, although it's possible that you are TJ I would put my money of IFP because TJ is possible I the same way that it's possible that I am an alien royalty because I've never been stung by a bee.

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still doesn't say against neither tert Si nor aux Se. Also, although it's possible that you are TJ I would put my money of IFP because TJ is possible I the same way that it's possible that I am an alien royalty because I've never been stung by a bee.
I'm not sure if I understand the alliteration haha...

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
I'm not sure if I understand the alliteration haha...

Which part? I think you are 99% IxFP.

xxTJ is possible in a same way as I just successfully used a pop culture reference. Basically it isn't. You're an IxFP.

ISFP or INFP? Ne is as follows:

Ne (+Ti, but cut out constant "What/Why/How" parts) from my perspective
http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my...mation-rejection-wanted-101.html#post17590866
http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my...mation-rejection-wanted-263.html#post17784050
http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my...mation-rejection-wanted-271.html#post17789890

Ne dom unfortunately too but http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my...rmation-rejection-wanted-65.html#post17491890
http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my...rmation-rejection-wanted-74.html#post17510433
http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my...rmation-rejection-wanted-74.html#post17510961

If that hits you up on "Ne" side, INFP and be gone.

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
Computer's running out of batteries; I'll comment when I'm reconnected with my charger.
I think INFP fits well but that's just off the cuff)

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
Ok, more thoughts (read questionnaire more carefully):
you use a lot of Te, I wonder if it's aspirational (that was my original impression hence choosing Fi-dom) but I suppose you could be a TJ.
On this questionnaire it wasn't clear Se-Ni or Ne-Si but based on other posts I've seen from you Ne-Si seems more likely.
I stick with my original thought of INFP but it's very hesitant.
Sorry I don't have anything to add.

Reactions: Greyhart
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.