Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I've figured myself out.
I'm an INFP, but I want to be an INTP. I idealize this senior at school, and he's an INTP, so I think I wanted to do the same. But I was convinced that I was an INTP for a while. I'm more of an INFP with a very developed T.

Sorry if this thread is uncalled for, I just wanted to share the good news. [Good news to me at least.]

·
Registered
957 Posts
I'm happy that you've figured this out. But may I ask why you would want to be an INTP if you're sure you're an INFP?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really didn't know why at first, but then I figured out the type of that senior that I idealize. He is an INTP, and he has all the qualities that I have always wanted to reflect back in myself. I kind of want to be just like him, because we are very similar in a lot of ways, he just has more confidence, charisma, work ethic, and incomparable intelligence than I. I think it's very easy to convince yourself that you are of another type when you're right in the middle like I am. But I am most definitely an INFP, I just use to be one in denial.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I really didn't know why at first, but then I figured out the type of that senior that I idealize. He is an INTP, and he has all the qualities that I have always wanted to reflect back in myself. I kind of want to be just like him, because we are very similar in a lot of ways, he just has more confidence, charisma, work ethic, and incomparable intelligence than I. I think it's very easy to convince yourself that you are of another type when you're right in the middle like I am. But I am most definitely an INFP, I just use to be one in denial.
O ok. I understand. Yeah, if I were to be another type I would most likely be an INTP as well. I think feeling is my lowest if I remember correctly..I also identify with INTPs as well. Just not as much as INFPs.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it's kind of the same for me. I love talking with INTP's. I'm just drawn towards them. INFP's actually bother me sometimes. I find them irrational and stubborn. I'm stubborn too, I'm just more rational with my approaches to things.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Interesting. I want to be INTJ so can actually get things done from time to time. I like getting things done :D

I think I am close to T as well in general but when faced with fear and insecurity (like in a relationship) my F reveals itself in the most inappropriate manner (by throwing horrible angers and tantrums).

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think I know what you mean. One of my very best friends is an ENTP/INTP and I've tried for many years to form some of the same qualities he has. He is without a doubt the most intelligent person I know, even if you would take the age(23) out of consideration. But I do notice in some of his conversations that his feeling side is a bit lacking in some ways. Some things he says I definitely do not agree with. But it's a cool type.

·
Registered
957 Posts
That's kind of funny. I really enjoy the feeling of being done with something too, it's just that I'm a horrible procrastinator.
Yeah, I've always wondered at this as well. I love the feeling of being on top of things and not having to worry about last-minute tasks and such. So why I am such an inherent procrastinator? Never ceases to amaze me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts