Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

hmmm for killing this endless boring self-quarantine, I registered this account to make some friends here. I will introduce myself to you first, then share some stories maybe, and ask you some questions.

First of all, my personality type is infj - t. I knew it in an evening two years ago. I met my teacher, and chat with him happily. Then he talked about his next lecture about leadership and personality. I said I would like to, but I had no time etc. He said he was curious about my personality type, and would send me the link to test out. I did it. And the result was infj. It made me start to explore my personality and everything about myself. That was my first time. What about you?

I am a college student studying politics science and international relations. I would like to go to non-profit organization in the future. I have one older sister and one younger brother. They are totally different than me. I am the smartest child in my family. haha. I prefer talking deeply with people. I can not handle always talking superficial things with people. What about you? I think you are the same if you are infjs. haha

I look forward your replies.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The quarantine also brought me to this forum, I used to frequent it a few years back and I'm just so bored half the time. What kind of non-profit are you going to? I'm not in classes right now, luckily but was going to sign up for summer to continue in mathematics. Want to get into engineering/business. I got introduced into mbti about 6 or 7 years ago, its definitely helped me understand some things about myself as well, not that I have all the answers yet but taking the time to reflect on yourself is important for any kind of growth.

Reactions: MIAO

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,875 Posts
Hello guys,

hmmm for killing this endless boring self-quarantine, I registered this account to make some friends here. I will introduce myself to you first, then share some stories maybe, and ask you some questions.

First of all, my personality type is infj - t. I knew it in an evening two years ago. I met my teacher, and chat with him happily. Then he talked about his next lecture about leadership and personality. I said I would like to, but I had no time etc. He said he was curious about my personality type, and would send me the link to test out. I did it. And the result was infj. It made me start to explore my personality and everything about myself. That was my first time. What about you?

I am a college student studying politics science and international relations. I would like to go to non-profit organization in the future. I have one older sister and one younger brother. They are totally different than me. I am the smartest child in my family. haha. I prefer talking deeply with people. I can not handle always talking superficial things with people. What about you? I think you are the same if you are infjs. haha

Hello, welcome to the forums.

I don't use the forums to end any boredom but it's rather one of the twenty tabs open on my screen as I flitter about between subjects I want to research. Still, it's a nice forum to explore personality traits with others and to reflect on yourself. I've been here since 2014 and found it when researching personalities to better flush out characters in my fictional writing. Though years later I've come to enjoy this place and frequent it often.

I first found out I was an ENFP when entering college. Almost every college/university in the United States give these out when someone enters as undecided. After reading the results I thought someone had reached into my brain and displayed me on a piece of paper, it was very odd. I've since taken over 40 of these tests with different questions and implementation and I'm always an ENFP. I even took one that showed you the % of how much you are in a type compared to others. I know some ENFPs in this section that only scored 55-65% as an ENFP but I'm normally between 85% to 95% ENFP, I think the others that I score like 5% in on any given month could be ENTP, INTP, and INFP so if anything it points out I have a very strong Ne.

I'm the middle child but not by much. My family adopted a sister when I was young who is 6 days younger than me, we were kind of raised up like twins, she's an ESFP. My stepbrother is 8 years older than me, he is an INTJ. I'm not sure I'm the smartest. I might be the smartest when it comes to actual theory. IQ wise and even SAT wise I'm the smartest in my entire family. Though I can act like a complete idiot that's bubbly and pretty much a dork in person. Still, I find my brother, mother, and step-father have a more organized life than me. My head is always in the clouds, I have supportive Js around me that take those ideas and make them into reality to gain my funds. Without this support system and being a trust fund, I would probably be screwed. lol. I do understand I was born with privilege and I try to examine that privilege when examining my values within society. Still, theories come very quickly to me and I can lose myself in a stack of books over a profusion of subjects. In college, I studied aerospace engineering and biology with a minor in Pathology. I am well past my college years. Though I would love to stay emerged in college 24/7 engaging myself in the full theory of discovering everything that attracts my Ne. My educational flaw is spelling and grammar, though it never interested me.

Even though my family is different from me I can still maintain a very close bond with them. Though this took me a decade after moving out of the house to gain with all of them. I don't mind talking deeply about a subject. Normally I talk too deeply that I scare people off and they stop conversing with me. I don't get upset at this and just move on. I understand I'm not for everyone. I seem to highly annoy people who want to be superficial with their speech.

What non-profit do you want to do and how does your degree fit in with that idea?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Yeah, I checked some articles and discussions here before, but not really registered an account. Do you have self-quarantine alone or with your family or friends?

As for my future, I prefer to go to a non-profit labour rights organization.
As for my classes... unfortunately after turning to be online, they became so difficult!

I know nothing about mathematics, engineering or business haha. I do not have too much interest in them, also not very talent. I was just aware of it early.

Take care,

Miao

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello guys,

Hi,

It's funny how the quarantine affects everyone..i mean the introverts and extroverts. There are some introverts who are having fun and extroverts have the sad face :p Time for them to see what introverts are going through :D

Anyway my personality if i remember right showed the same as yours. I discovered my personality when i was searching about soul and feelings and so on. It was also thanks to my past about a friend who hurt me. So for the longest time, i was alone and had to dig deeply about my soul and feelings and why i act that way and discovered the INFJ.

I explored about INFJ and INFP and i believe i am more in INFJ. Because some people said to me that i am over sensitive, i over-analyze and that i am for psychologist. Also i tend to care people and always offer help without expecting anything. I only expect to my close ones. When i hear someones problems, i tend to ask why they feel that way and what made them to find the root of the problem and the solution of it. I also offer advices and give emotional support when they want it.

I finished my college on animation and interactive media. I also finished photography not really school or college. Thanks to the virus i can't finish my 3-4 months preactise exams.

My purpose i believe is to help people and give emotional support those in need. I don't care about materials or anything else. There were some people who were wondering why i have this mind at young age and that i know many things. My family apart from my sister are like what am i saying, they don't understand and so on and what i am reading and that what i read on internet about personality and so on will hurt me.

I also prefer talking deeply but sadly here noone wants that. They prefer shallow things. I can tolerate at some extent but when it wears me out, people always wonder why i don't talk and so on. When i confront about it, they are like dumb and don't care about my feelings so yeah only a few and those are the rare ones to discuss about deep subjects for many hours or days :/.

For true friendships and other relationships i believe both have to respect each other's feelings and needs. If someone doesn't and only care about themselves, it's one way no matter what and its considered toxic. Until now i only had one way. I sacrificed so many things, helped and cared and for return i get disrespect, lies and so on. They took me for granted. So i cut them.

My only wish is to be able to find a bro and a job to survive in my life.

Edit: Also i want to be better at art like drawing cause i like something with is strange for some people :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello NIHM,

Haha thank you for your nice, deep, and long response. Nice to meet you.

Actually I would like to meet people in reality rather than online. So because the pandemic, I have to live alone and get bored. However, I think it is a good chance for met to know more people online and experience this way of making friends hehe.

I followed a nice infj blog which have organized and decent article. So I do not use this website after I make sure my personality tendency. You said, "Almost every college/university in the United States give these out when someone enters as undecided." Wow, surprise or not surprised me. Well, when I went to college, there were also some unknown personality tests required me to do. I did take it, but I did it randomly and not really show myself, because it was mandatory. So stupid. Then my teacher I mentioned, an American encouraged me to do the Mbti test. As we know, any personality test is a way to know more about ourselves. I see it too from this way. But I do share a lot of same traits with my infj friends. I am very glad to find friend from this way. I only took once test after seeing many infj articles and video which got me very much.

As for my degree with my future job, there are three main ways the students go after graduation. One is to get a master or phd about a more specific field related to politics. The second is to go into government system and serve for public good. The last one is like me to go to international organization like UN, or non-profit organizations. I would like to work in a field about labor issues. Everything is politics. Compared with Social work or other related major students, I analyze this issue from lawmaking to policymaking, to demonstration strategies, to community planning etc. Also, I will learn a lot from the complicated work.

In my family or extended family, they always say I am smartest from many ways. That is flattering I know. My younger brothers and sisters too admire me very much. I swear I did not think so before 20 years old. But it showed to some extend.

I am curious about your fictional writing. I like reading. It is one of my way to recharge.

Thanks again.

Take care,

Miao

1 - 6 of 6 Posts