Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a picture that includes, but is not limited to...

a house
"you"
a tree

This is a completely imaginative task and is based on a pathetic psychological evaluation technique once used in the past, mostly on children. Draw whatever you wish, but you must have at least those 3 items. Fire up MS paint, do it by hand, whatever you want. I don't mind if the lines aren't straight, if it's not colored, if you use stick men, anything! Try not to look at other contributions until after you've completed yours!

If you need a site to upload your pictures try either TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting OR ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Once you submit your work, I'll respond to every picture personally (I'll wait for bundles of 3-5 though) and give you my potentially humorous take based on the guidelines once used by psychology experts. This is all in good fun and not to be taken too seriously, but you never know how accurate it may be. In any case, if you want to participate, but don't want the evaluation portion, just say so in your submission :D.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, I said don't look around!

Try not to look at other contributions until after you've completed yours!

(Hiding following post and guilting you into not scrolling down.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know you wouldn't betray me...
Your picture better be done if you're down this far....

In any case, I assume you're done.
Here is a past thread I made in the INFP section with the same theme + some previous submissions
http://personalitycafe.com/infp-forum-idealists/32944-i-want-you-make-me.html

If you want to self diagnose, or want to see the criteria out of curiosity, click below.

First, this is a GENERAL post based on commonalities, what to look for, and what it means
House:
Are the windows barred? Even the + symbol across them symbolizes that you may view your home as uninviting and similar to that of a prison.

Is the house door open? An open door implies a friendly invitation to the home. While a closed one may suggest antisocial tendencies.

Is there a chimney? And is it lit? (smoke) The chimney implies the ability to vent your frustrations. It's absence is similar to having the exhaust blow within your car and slowly killing you.

Tree:
Are there any fruit, seeds, etc? A lack of these symbolizes the inability to understand the primary mechanics of life. -- Psychologically immature.

Is there any fruit or seeds on the ground?: Absence implies the above, but also an inability to grasp death and rebirth. -- Possibly naive.

Does the tree have branches? By not having branches this reflects your inability to branch out of the unfamiliar. -- Possible anxiety issues.

Is there a swing on the tree? I don't recall exactly why, but having this is a huge benefit :D.

You / people:
Do you have a smile on your face? No? Depression.

Is your family represented in the photo? Anyone missing from the photo may be a source of conflict.

How close is -your- character from other people, animals, or objects? Distance can imply weak ties or antisocial personality disorder. While being too close can suggest attachment issues.

General environment:
Is the sun out? If it is, that's a good thing, but it's very important you have the lines sticking out from it implying that it's providing warmth and comfort. Missing the sun entirely is a red flag that suggests you may have narcissistic tendencies, in the sense that you don't believe in figures of power (ie: parents, God, etc). Additionally, you are unable to provide comfort to others.

·
Registered
381 Posts
AHEM...First of all...
Please don't judge my drawing skills based on this image, haha! It's embarrassing enough as it is. :blushed: I considered making a huge effort but figured that wasn't the point and besides, then I would've never finished it. Ah well, at least I wont be scaring off any other potential repliers by setting unrealistic expectations. :tongue:

Drawing Sketch Visual arts Artwork Line

So... Analyze! (And yes, I only read the opening post because I didn't want to spoil it for myself. :happy:)

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
AHEM...First of all...
Please don't judge my drawing skills based on this image, haha! It's embarrassing enough as it is. :blushed: I considered making a huge effort but figured that wasn't the point and besides, then I would've never finished it. Ah well, at least I wont be scaring off any other potential repliers by setting unrealistic expectations. :tongue:

View attachment 83092

So... Analyze! (And yes, I only read the opening post because I didn't want to spoil it for myself. :happy:)
aww that's so cute! one can immediately tell you've got awesome drawing skills, I've seen so many and the average stroke alone tells a whole story if the person is gifted.

·
PerC Mermaid
23,481 Posts
Haha, don´t dare to judge my picture, I could say that my 8 years old daughter made it but, ok ok I made it :p
I know you said I had to draw myself but I didn´t know how to do it, so I signed the picture for you, there I am :)

Ahem if somewhere in the picture you can see I am a serial killer please shhhh keep the secret, I have an image to maintain si?

·
Registered
6,079 Posts
Ok here's mine. I'm hoping this will help explain why my pre school teachers kept giving me troubled looks whenever I would hand in some art work. :tongue: What does it say about the people who spend like a half an hour on this and still end up with a mediocre result? Are we sane? (In my defense, I was bored and really like drawing things on Paint soooo back off! :p)

View attachment 83108
I'm waving through the window :proud:

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haha, thanks for the contributions.

Alright~
miyachanfan, Tenshi, confused girl28, Vivid Melody, Dewymorning, BarbikyuChikin

I'm behind the tree :)
@miyachanfan,

Personal Thoughts: Admittedly, I thought of the Wizard of Oz as soon as I glanced at your picture. This whole idea of a twister snatching up Dorthy, her home, and her little dog too (which I know you drew behind the tree as well).

Analysis: The abundance of swirls in the picture suggests that not only do you have difficulty focusing on tasks, but that also struggle completing them. Part of this may is likely due to perfectionist tendencies, but crudely this pertains to neurotic behavior. In other words, you are prone to feelings of discontent and have a tendency to re-examine areas of improvement. Ultimately, this is a never ending cycle.

Next, the picture as a whole lacks any sort of grounding in terms of a backdrop or even a stable platform. Yet, within the middle of the picture is a bold centralized figure, or rather the tree, that may be interpreted as some sort of stabilizing factor in your life. This can pertain to an ideal, a role model, a parent, perhaps even a religious figure. However, where this image remains bold in shading, it also appears to lack in life, which could suggest this figure may be important to you, but it may not reciprocate or communicate in a way that pleases you.

@Tenshi,

Personal: For some reason the smoke from the chimney looking like vines really stood out to me. Similarly, so did your creepy posture. For anyone reading this, could you imagine walking by this house and seeing a girl just look at you like that the whole time as you walk by? Ya! You’d be creeped out too.

Analysis: The integration of plants with your home may relate to naturist or bohemian tendencies. This could suggest a lifestyle that revolves around health conscious decisions such as diet & exercise, but also relate to preference with regard to scenery. While you may be a naturist at heart, the house appears to serve as an enclosure or sanctuary for you, yet appears warding of others. Specifically, this pertains to the elevated steps, the foundation, and the numerous panels on the window. This may suggest hesitance towards interacting with others, but with an overall vibrance within the home for whomever is permitted entry. Finally, the lanterns on the tree may suggest that you prefer the calmness of the night over being out during the day.

@confused girl28

Personal Opinion: This may sound odd, but I kept looking at how the doorknob was on the left side instead of the right. Also, the curtains on the window almost look like 2 people looking out :D
Analysis: The presence of red dots or what may be interpreted as apples and flowers, suggest past or present difficulties with either acne, rosacea or perhaps an uncomfortable situation with chicken pox. This is further illustrated by both the trees leaning towards the house, almost as if staring at “you.” Alternatively, the strong use of the color red may relate to aggressive, assertive, and / or alertive tendencies. Specifically, this means you may be temperamental, pursuant of conflict, or perhaps love or lust. Ultimately, you may feel under the spotlight or sensitive to the views of others.

Next, we interpret the waviness of the grass and sky as suggestive of perhaps a tendency to mumble or struggle to communicate from time to time.

@Vivid Melody

Personal Opinion: Certainly brought a smile to my face with the colorfulness of it all and of course the starry windows. You did reference the tentacle arm which does appear to protrude out awkwardly, but you also lack a left arm entirely.

Analysis: “Your” lack of shoes suggests that you value authenticity in others. You tend to prefer experiences in the purest of forms. Conversely though, upon further inspection you are quite clearly picking the head off one flower and stepping on the other. This may be interpreted as destructive tendencies. While in one sense you appreciate the closeness and trust confided in you by others, you may also have a tendency to (sub)consciously create trauma.
The warm of the color through the beaming sun, the lively colors, and rainbow house can create magnetic warmth to you that has a tendency to attract others. Alternatively, based on your tendencies noted earlier, it may also be seen as setting a trap. Readers, be careful of this woman’s gingerbread house.

@Dewymorning

Personal Opinion: We have some whacky houses above, but when I look at yours I had to lean into the screen and thought “do you have a brown and red house?”

Analysis: First we examine the posture of “you.” It appears as if there is a slight curvature which may be seen as confidence, but could also pertain to the sense of “having a chip on your shoulder.” Next, the colors in the picture appear to be filled in quite well which likely relates to a sense of stability and clarity within the everyday components of life. However, as you can see the cloud in the sky appears erratic and scribbled in, which could be argued as relating to erratic thoughts perhaps in the form of dreams or simply future goals. All together, you may be seen as capable and competent to others, but there are things in the back of your mind that are still in question.

@BarbikyuChikin

Personal Opinion: I know I’m not the first to think this, but I like your artwork style. My 2nd thought was, this looks like a zoo. While I was looking at all the animals I abruptly came to a stop and thought… does that mailbox have a smiley face on it? Haha.

Analysis: The most impactful component of this picture is naturally the abundance of animals. While suffice to say, we can interpret you as thinking quite fondly of them, we can also suggest that you feel a certain affinity towards them that is likely greater than your view of people. Furthermore, suggestive of the expression of the faces on these animals being warm, we may expand this further to say that you a person that responds well to physical affection and positive affirmation. However, in combination with what was mentioned earlier in terms of people, it is within reason to argue that you have difficulties having these met with the people you may have in your life – this is further represented by the long pathway to reach your house. Overall, you value maintaining a sense of harmony and prefer to surround yourself with things that bring you joy.

View attachment 83108
I'm waving through the window :proud:
@Crossover

Personal Opinion: Quite a few nice details on this picture. Most of it is quite well polished, except for the stink lines coming from the chimney. I assume that’s you waving from the bathroom (I tease).

Analysis: First, it appears as if the lines on the window in combination character represent a sensation of feeling targeted in life. While your seemingly pleasant stature, seen waving may be interpreted as joyful, it could also be representative of mocking behavior. Those who have targeted you in the past cannot reach you now, or at least not when you’re in your special place. Further suggestive of this is overall behavior is the representation of the sun seen barely glimpsing from behind both the clouds and the tree. In all likelihood, you may have a tendency to be distant with others, perhaps based past experiences. The road or pathway to the home also suggests some twists and turns which represent obstacles in terms of reaching you.
As for the tree, most notably the hole in it, it can be viewed as an absence at the core. Broadly, this could be reflective of a system you do not believe in or a central figure which appears to be absent of something vital to you.

@Emerald Legend

Personal Opinion: *taps nose.* Also, for some reason that house reminds me of a gymnasium.

Analysis: Where to begin… The blackness of the tree and overall greyish background can represent cloudy thoughts or even tragedy. These items are most often associated with fire, which can be suggestive of past trauma. Conversely, the pose of your character within the context of this illustration can be seen as mocking in nature or suggestive of extreme flamboyant behavior. Bluntly, the latter may relate to homosexual ideations.

Focusing on the house or building, there appears to be a general haze around it through the use of coloring. The grey is one component, but there is an overall blur. This, in culmination with some things described prior, can be reflective of coping strategies from past harm that you do not wish to re-examine. Alternatively, based on the character it may also lead to personal discontent with past actions.

·
Registered
6,079 Posts
@Crossover

Personal Opinion: Quite a few nice details on this picture. Most of it is quite well polished, except for the stink lines coming from the chimney. I assume that’s you waving from the bathroom (I tease).

Analysis: First, it appears as if the lines on the window in combination character represent a sensation of feeling targeted in life. While your seemingly pleasant stature, seen waving may be interpreted as joyful, it could also be representative of mocking behavior. Those who have targeted you in the past cannot reach you now, or at least not when you’re in your special place. Further suggestive of this is overall behavior is the representation of the sun seen barely glimpsing from behind both the clouds and the tree. In all likelihood, you may have a tendency to be distant with others, perhaps based past experiences. The road or pathway to the home also suggests some twists and turns which represent obstacles in terms of reaching you.
As for the tree, most notably the hole in it, it can be viewed as an absence at the core. Broadly, this could be reflective of a system you do not believe in or a central figure which appears to be absent of something vital to you.
Wow that's actually accurate. I'm scared now *starts sweating and bolts under bed covers* :tongue:

Thanks Lad. This is a great thread :proud:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts