Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I often hear how 1995 is the start of Generation Z and while I was technically born in '94 i'm literally right at the f***ing borderline so I am dangerously close to Gen Z territory, the generation of Anti-Social computer nerds who eat Tide pods and have no work ethic. They are the Worst Of Creatures and hopefully im not one of them!!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Oh gosh, not these again :crying: :tongue-new:

First off, I'd consider you a Y/Z cusp tbh.
Idk if you went through the American school system, but if you did, you'd be in the same class as early-mid '95 borns; where some sources state Gen Z begins. Some might not agree with me, but I like using classes as generational guidelines. People within a class group grew up with the same experiences, so it's not like people born late in a year are completely different from those born early in the following year.
Especially for you, who was born in December.
Generally I believe Gen Z starts at 1995. The internet boom is pretty significant and impactful. That means you narrowly missed being a Gen Z'er. But that does not mean that '94 borns and '95 borns are completely different. In fact, most '95ers (about 2/3s) were born before the IE release in August. What's the difference between a late '94er and an early '95er if both were born before it but neither can remember a time before it? It's exactly how people view 2001. 9/11 happened in 2001 but people assume everyone born in 2001 was born after it. Even though it happened in September, the beginning of the late part of the year (*side note: 2018's calendar lines up with 2001- the 9/11 anniversary is this Tuesday... the exact day of the week when it happened :shocked:*).
Anyways, I see the entire 90s decade is a cusp; the 'in-between generation'. Not quite fully Y, but not quite fully Z (especially mid-90s borns like yourself). The 1990 borns are the most Y and the 1999 borns are the most Z. Your class, the C/O 2013 (late '94- early mid-'95 borns), would the first cuspy class, leaning more Y, especially since the majority of you guys were born before the release.
I view the entire 10s decade (2010-2019) as a cusp, with those graduating high school/turning 18 & becoming a young adult. It would look something like this:
C/O 2010 (late '91ers- early mid-92ers), C/O 2011 (late '92ers- early mid-'93ers) and C/O 2012 (late '93ers- early mid '94ers): late Gen Y; beginning of few Gen Z traits
C/O 2013 (late '94ers- early mid '95ers) and C/O 2014 (late '95- early-mid 96 borns): Gen Y/Z leaning Y
C/O 2015 (late '96- early mid '97 borns) and C/O 2016 (late '97- early mid '98 borns): Gen Y/Z leaning Z
C/O 2017 ( late '98- early- mid '99 borns) C/O 2018 (late '99- early mid '00 borns) and C/O 2019 (late '00- early mid '01 borns): early Gen Z with last of Y traits

The smooth transition is supposed to be how generations work. Not with black and white differences.

Oh and btw, those Gen Z stereotypes you listed? They need to die. They're mostly associated with the core part of that generation anyway (not that it matters). If you're dying to be a Millennial to fit in with the "cooler, older" crowd then, please, cut that crap. The oldest Millennial is actually almost 40 years old. They won't stay young forever. LOL. And it's not they haven't had stereotypes of their own; they're "lazy" and "entitled". You just barely fit in with most, if not all, Gen Y definitions, but it doesn't give you a pass to trash the younger generation. You're not that different from 1995 borns who are already in the work force as 23 year olds. I take it you're nearly 24 years old- not 5.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I often hear how 1995 is the start of Generation Z and while I was technically born in '94 i'm literally right at the f***ing borderline so I am dangerously close to Gen Z territory, the generation of Anti-Social computer nerds who eat Tide pods and have no work ethic. They are the Worst Of Creatures and hopefully im not one of them!!!
I hate to tell you this, but you're 100% Gen Z and your whole entire life is completely fucked. You're going to live in an eternal hell. Sorry.
You’re those type of weirdos that love being group with toddlers

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Which generation do you relate most though?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'll sum it up:

C/O 2012 (late 93' and early-mid 94') and earlier: 100% Y

C/O 2013 and C/O 2014 (95 and 96): Y/Z cusp, leaning Y

C/O 2015 and C/O 2016: Y/Z cusp (50/50)

C/O 2017 to C/O 2020: Early Z with Y qualities

C/O 2021 and later: Core Z

1 - 7 of 7 Posts