Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a major life event for me. I've never been fired before today.

The reason I was fired was because my vehicle idled too much, and because my inventory got out of control. I blame whatever function it is that causes me to hate mundane detail-oriented administrative work. The bulk of my performance was stellar otherwise as a repair technician. Any other manager would have kept me on the team, but this new guy - who knows nothing about the industry - came in and started kicking people out left and right. He's anal, a micromanager - and every single one of his emails is at least 4 paragraphs. And he sends them multiple times an hour. ergh. I'm glad to be gone.

I will laugh when the company kicks him out for kicking out too many of their techs (which will happen), and I return and get my job back.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am about to head to the employment center (called Michigan Works). I'll find out my options there.

Any experiences like this or all of you perfect and never been fired?

·
Registered
11,490 Posts
i was fired once and laid off once. whatever you do about it, i have this set of psychological oscillations it seems i just have to go to before i get back to normal again.

i hate rejection.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Never been fired, but I was laid off once. That was a niiiiiiiiiice severance package :)

Just make sure you're paid everything owed to you. You may be paid out 1-2 weeks wages, your unused vacation/sick days, retirement benefits, etc. The rules differ depending where you live, so you'll have to find out what you're entitled to in your location.

·
Wielding the mafia banhammer
1,514 Posts
I was fired once. Actually I got pissed off and quit, but head boss and two lower managers asked me to stay. Head guy fired me retroactively next day. Illegal, but he had the connections to get away with it, and I was so glad to be gone I didn't fight it. The store was in complete disarray a month later, and closed in six months.

Make sure you get what they owe you; in retrospect I wish I had.

·
Registered
255 Posts
good luck becoming re-employed! like they said, make sure your previous employer pays what they owe you! Then enjoy one day off, and then put out your resumes!

I hope you find a nicer place to work! I hate fucking micromanagers

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Got fired from my first job. This cuntsicle hated me and told all sorts of shitty lies to the managers about me, and then stole money out of my register on several occasions to make it look like I suck. Always promised myself I'd never work fast food anyway, so good riddance :p

Reactions: sanari

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
I've quit on the spot once and been fired once. Before being hired, I told them that I was taking a flight to see family in a couple of months. I'd already paid for the plane ticket. I was going to be gone for a couple of weeks. They said they understood and would find temporary replacement when the time came. A few days before leaving I pointed out that they hadn't gotten a temp organized. Boss told me that I couldn't go. I said I was going. Boss said if I left, I wouldn't have a job to come back to because I would be fired. I said okay. I got fired in absence.

Sounds bad but it was a rush. I had a big arse grin on my face watching how angry my boss was getting dealing with me. He honestly expected me to crack. His boss tried to hire me back when I returned from holiday. But I wasn't interested in going back to a company that broke their word.

So what do you do when you get fired? You raise a toast with two fingers of your favourite scotch to good riddance. Then you go look for your next job and while figuring out the positive spin of leaving your last job for the interview. Think fast.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
My contract did not get renewed after I got bored with my job working in the university library.

I became more interested in reading the books then in shelving them. Oops.

It sucked though, turning up at the start of a new term and being told they didn't want me to keep working there.

I would have been fine if they had just kept giving me different tasks. :dry:

·
Registered
11,490 Posts
i forgot to mention the contracts i've been on where i worked out the original term, and then there was no talk afterwards of renewing it. some of those stung me too, and i think the worst ones where the ones where i kind of knew/understood that it served me right. i'm always kind of hacked off and shaken when someone else fails to like me, but eventually i grow some perspective and quit arguing with them about why they're wrong in my mind. it's much harder to stop beating myself over the head with the coulda-shoulda-woulda's.

·
Banned
2,064 Posts
Never been fired, but I was laid off once. That was a niiiiiiiiiice severance package :)

Just make sure you're paid everything owed to you. You may be paid out 1-2 weeks wages, your unused vacation/sick days, retirement benefits, etc. The rules differ depending where you live, so you'll have to find out what you're entitled to in your location.
I pray for the day when this happens so I can just get off my butt and start my own shit, i've been putting up with other people's bs for far too long.

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
I was fired recently.
I quit my old job for this new job but this new job decides to fire me after working there for a few days.
They said I am too soft spoken and introverted and I won't be able to make any sales for them.
I am not even working as a salesperson, my main role there is to tend to the shop. I didn't know that I am supposed to initiate conversations with customers too?! And I get fired because I am introverted and soft spoken.
I supposed they wouldn't fire me if I am a loud and bubbly ESFJ lol.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was fired recently.
I quit my old job for this new job but this new job decides to fire me after working there for a few days.
They said I am too soft spoken and introverted and I won't be able to make any sales for them.
I am not even working as a salesperson, my main role there is to tend to the shop. I didn't know that I am supposed to initiate conversations with customers too?! And I get fired because I am introverted and soft spoken.
I supposed they wouldn't fire me if I am a loud and bubbly ESFJ lol.

Bah, ah, I can't wait until the day you can call them typist and sue.

Reactions: WinterFox

·
Banned
2,064 Posts
Bah, ah, I can't wait until the day you can call them typist and sue.
You can still call them whatever you want without suing them. Just saying :kitteh:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Good time to sit back for a few minutes and reflect on what you really want to do with your life. Then make it your job to get a new source of revenue going, if you're not actively working at it at least the full amount of time you would have been working at first you aren't trying hard enough.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Sounds like you got fired for something minor, good luck with your new adventure, the douchebag at the old company will probably not survive for long.

·
Registered
11,490 Posts
i'll just mention that there's at least a theoretical possibility i'll find myself fired by the end of this week my own self. aftermath of the nightmare crazy this whole six to eight weeks has just been.

just saying it so that if it happens, i'll have the face-saving token in place of being able to say that i felt it coming. 'hah! you people didn't fool me! i was onto you guys all along!'

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i'll just mention that there's at least a theoretical possibility i'll find myself fired by the end of this week my own self. aftermath of the nightmare crazy this whole six to eight weeks has just been.

just saying it so that if it happens, i'll have the face-saving token in place of being able to say that i felt it coming. 'hah! you people didn't fool me! i was onto you guys all along!'
lol.

Reactions: lilysocks

·
Registered
244 Posts
I got laid off when I went to HR to tell them about my racially abusive supervisor. It made me feel really low for quite a while. Thinking about it still grates on me. But I know I did the right thing, so no regrets.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts