Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a very sensitive and emotional person and when I'm close to someone is when I'll do intimate things with them. I've never been the type of girl who just sleeps for someone for the pure hell of it or to get off. Once a guy told me some lies about how he felt for me, I was in my teenage years and I ended up believing him. Once I found out he was lying, I felt horrible about it and felt used. For awhile I was crying and was deeply hurt by it. :sad: After we were done, he simply put his pants back on and ignored me anytime I tried to talk to him. That's when I realized he manipulated me and afterwards I had a hard time believing men when they said, "I love you." So it takes me awhile before I can trust people for that matter. I still continue to date. Anytime a guy says, "Let's just keep it casual." I let them know their not what I'm looking for because I rather be with someone who I love, rather than just have sex simply just to have sex.

For some reason sex isn't something I simply just do and I can live without it, I feel very strange and odd. Sometimes I wonder if there's others out there who feel the same way about it. When I'm in love with a person, I'll have sex with them and if their willing to wait for marriage I'd be okay with that. I've always been a very patient person when it comes to these things. I've definitely changed over the years and I don't talk about sex with others because it's my business. However I'm posting on here about it because I often wonder if I'm the odd one here, lol!!

Don't mean to drag this on or anything. It's just been on my mind a lot lately. Thanks for listening. :blushed:

I've always been better explaining things writing, than speaking out loud.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I'm a very sensitive and emotional person and when I'm close to someone is when I'll do intimate things with them. I've never been the type of girl who just sleeps for someone for the pure hell of it or to get off. Once a guy told me some lies about how he felt for me, I was in my teenage years and I ended up believing him. Once I found out he was lying, I felt horrible about it and felt used. For awhile I was crying and was deeply hurt by it. :sad: After we were done, he simply put his pants back on and ignored me anytime I tried to talk to him. That's when I realized he manipulated me and afterwards I had a hard time believing men when they said, "I love you." So it takes me awhile before I can trust people for that matter. I still continue to date. Anytime a guy says, "Let's just keep it casual." I let them know their not what I'm looking for because I rather be with someone who I love, rather than just have sex simply just to have sex.

For some reason sex isn't something I simply just do and I can live without it, I feel very strange and odd. Sometimes I wonder if there's others out there who feel the same way about it. When I'm in love with a person, I'll have sex with them and if their willing to wait for marriage I'd be okay with that. I've always been a very patient person when it comes to these things. I've definitely changed over the years and I don't talk about sex with others because it's my business. However I'm posting on here about it because I often wonder if I'm the odd one here, lol!!

Don't mean to drag this on or anything. It's just been on my mind a lot lately. Thanks for listening. :blushed:

I've always been better explaining things writing, than speaking out loud.
I feel exactly the same way and have a similar story. Most people out there are mean and selfish :( I've still learning how to avoid them.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I'm a very sensitive and emotional person and when I'm close to someone is when I'll do intimate things with them. I've never been the type of girl who just sleeps for someone for the pure hell of it or to get off. Once a guy told me some lies about how he felt for me, I was in my teenage years and I ended up believing him. Once I found out he was lying, I felt horrible about it and felt used. For awhile I was crying and was deeply hurt by it. :sad:
A well-known story. Similar thread in this topic: Can men fall in love?
Sorry to hear that- but it happens all of the time.

I had a hard time believing men when they said, "I love you."
I do, too. In fact when the hormones are the motivation of a guy to approach me using the world "love" seems non-sense.
At this moment I look for casual relationships and don't expect much from guys, but it is understandable that you- and many people- see no satisfaction in this type of relationship. Any way, the concept of romantic love has lost its meaning for me to a large extent- may be other than in fiction.

·
Registered
🌈🎹☮INFJ 666 sx/sp🇺🇸💃🏻💋
2,845 Posts
You pretty much described a demisexual borderline asexual.

And I've learned to watch people's actions, not just their words.

·
Registered
44 Posts
it isnt abnormal at all to desire relationships exclusively for serious and intimate commitments.

sex isnt everything either. Its enjoyable and nice to share with someone you care for very closely, but romance, to me at least, is much more important. Genuinely loving them no matter the degree of their sex drive is important.

Youre totally normal for how you feel in all of this =o and im sorry people have hurt you before, and I really hope its better forever onward for you

Reactions: Mystic MagentaRose
1 - 7 of 7 Posts