Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've taken different mbti online tests, about 10 times to get a clear picture. About 70% of the time I got infj. The thing with test is I got confused easily with words I have add and it has always effected my reading/concentration. So I try not to go by tests results alone. The other types didn't seem to fit fully. Infj seemed right because of descriptions I found online. especially the thing about infjs being confused as extroverts. One thing that makes me doubt is I'm kind of messy, but organized at the same time. My room for example is messy but I know where everything is, things just aren't thrown every where but in certain spots. Because these spots are designated.

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I know how you feel about the describtions, I've read a lot about INTJ's and it's hit or miss at times. I can only tell for sure that the functions (INTJ) Ni, Te, Fi, Se fit me 100%.

So I'd advice you to search around for the functions (INFJ) Ni, Fe, Ti, Se and see if these describe you. If they don't, well, something wouldn't be right.

·
Banned
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm 100% sure about inf but not so much j or even p. I like order and I'm always plan things out if not on paper in my head. I would say J fits me 80%, but I like to be sure. Infj is such a rare type that I doubt. I don't consider myself an extremely logical person but I try and make objective decisions in these matters. Infps seem kind of like those emo/hipster kids I disliked in highschool.

·
Banned
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I didn't mean to put infps into a box, even though I kind of did. Sorry... They say John Lennon, soren kierkegaard, Andy Warhol were all infps so infps are cool. Read and posting in the infjs sub forum though I think I connect with them. I asked my sister and intj what she thought - she says I'm more infj then infp. I don't think I can come to a 100% conclusion on the matter.

the one thing I am 100% us about is I'm an introvert, "the highly sensitive person" or hsp, and empath.

·
Registered
245 Posts
You are an INFJ. You are simply looking too closely into the fine print.
Just because someone's interpretation of what a J is says that they must be OCD does not mean that they are.
I am quite positive I am a J. Why? Because my mind is pristine even if my room looks like it should be on Hoarders.
Even still, my room is ordered in perfect chronological order and I can find everything I need without difficulty.

What compromises a J is not to be taken word-to-word from a typology site.
Read and expect a few dependencies.
The sites describe pure examples of the type.
No one is truly a pure type.
Understand that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.