Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Maybe a little stressed-- nothing out of the ordinary. 20. A little anxious, maybe.

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?

Jungian: ENTP, INTP.
Keirsey's: INTP, INFP.

3. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need. Copy and paste the photos here

Échale imaginación y busca las figuras | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Well, first thing I did was Google the meaning of the caption and description because it was in Spanish. It made me think of The Scream by Edvard Munch. It sort of interested me because of how it sort of complemented my state of mind over the week. So many emotions-- anger, sadness, happiness, nonchalance, fear, love, hate, etc. all mixed up into one mess of a ball that I like playing with -- (or, it plays with me.) It's pretty cool how something that can be formed only by chance turned out not so bad. Nature is pretty cool like that.

Hope You Brought Your "A" Game (Explore) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This is a pretty great shot although it does look a bit synthetic for whatever reason. Going beyond the scenic view, it makes me want to go on a long, long break from the mundane life that I am existing in right now. I have been feeling 'stuck-in-a-rut' for quite a while and it is something I think about often especially when I have too much work to do. But still, isn't this picture too green? Exaggerated. I could imagine lying down there at night staring at a starry night (given that the sky is clear) and sighing. Maybe I'd like someone along with me. It is probably too much to handle alone.

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?

If it is something that is really interesting, worst case scenario, I might "take a break" from fixing that something and have a quick discussion with my friend. I like giving my undivided attention to things that really get me. Otherwise, I'd probably tell him to 'hold that thought'. If, at that moment, I don't feel like being rude, I'd just let him go on and probably make something out of his ideas. Who knows, new ideas might be made out of those? ALTHOUGH, I hate using others' ideas for something I need to do. I don't feel novel and original then. It's only when others' idea is infinitely better than mine, do I give it thought (and even then, I'd still try to modify it somehow and do it better.)
If they don't really help me and they do annoy me, I'd tell him, "Dude, great idea but they aren't really related to what I am trying to do right now because of <this this this this>"

5a. What are some of your most important values?

Ehhh. I think I am pretty flexible with my values. I don't have any set values, honestly. I am not the most moral person, definitely. I am a hypocrite, sometimes. I hate cheating in the examinations. It leaves me feeling guilty. But at the same time, I sort of have access to my university’s admin account and I feel no remorse in changing my marks and attendance, etc. If I found out that someone else was doing this, I’d think it is unfair and wouldn't like it. I don’t know where this puts me.

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?

I think the above answer would answer this question as well. I don't have anything that guides me as such. It's just anything that fits my reasoning, logic, justification, feelings, etc.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?

I'll just assume that these other people are my friends (because I am too shy and awkward when I talk to strangers.)
My inward reaction would be, "What the actual fuck, dude?" I'd mull over whether I should call him out on what he just said and ask him what, why, when, where or just let it go. If I didn't have issues of not wanting to be judged by people, I would definitely question his claim and refute it/understand his view/make him understand mine/etc.
I say, "Dude, why would you say that, man?" I don't really have a sense of 'right' and 'wrong' because that is very subjective. As long as it is ...reasonable and intelligent.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?

I’d feel my best if I was just at home, relaxing. But not for too long else I’d feel like I am wasting too much time. I need change, I need something new. I need things to captivate me. I like reading new things, making sense of things I didn't understand before, new explanations, debates, discussions, etc. I like conversing with people on any topic that I have much to talk about. I am a good listener. Not much of a talker. I like things working out for me.

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?

I don’t know. A lot of things. When I feel unloved. When I feel ignored. When I think too much about the future and think that I’ll end up nowhere. Then I hypothesize a life where I am nowhere and start analysing it. Then I distract myself. Do something else. Not knowing where to start. Not knowing.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)

I believe I am extroverted but I am pretty shy. Going by the definition of extroverted, I do agree. I want to have conversations about something, ideas, theories, situations, current affairs, philosophy, politics or just some plain-ole'-conversing. But I can only really talk to those I know well or have been introduced to or am acquainted to. I can't walk up to strangers and talk to them.
Talking to people doesn't drain me as it does for introverts. But I do get a little nervous when I run out of things to talk about with certain people who aren't interested in what I am.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?

Copy pasted from the Enneagram questionnaire:
"Above average intelligence who is too lazy and unmotivated. But I guess that’s what everyone who is in doubt would say about themselves. I can’t really see myself. I still haven’t made a mark in this planet. This life. I feel insignificant but I matter to my friends. Some care deeply about me and I care about them. I guess that’s what should matter. I am still looking for more. For that “something.”"
I don't judge to much, not aggressive, relaxed, thoughtful, hard to offend, accommodating, trusting, analytical, etc.
eeeeh, i avoid things if they get uncomfortable, can't stick to schedules, a little unambitious, i can't take too much pressure (beyond a limit) else I withdraw, distracted, unproductive, etc.

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

Escapist is a word that comes to mind. But after the initial hours of trying to get away from the problem, I try to tackle it so that it stops bothering me because I can't ever permanently get rid of stress, so I try my best to reduce the source of stress as much as possible. Stress is something I absolutely hate. Although I never show my stress to other people, people wonder how I am so "chill" with everything going on. I just smile with a nervous body.

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?

"You aren't doing anything with your life. Why don't you make use of all the talent and intelligence you possess? Why are you wasting your life? Why did you make <this choice>, that was such a big mistake! What will you do when you grow up? What will you do after college?"
And when people think I am being mean/insensitive/insincere when I am not. (And I am usually pretty aware of the sort of emotion and state of mind I am in.)

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?

Again, copy pasted:
"I don’t know if I’ll be able to do justice to this question in a paragraph or two and I don’t really feel like writing a lengthy essay either. Anyway—I think of a lot of things. Trivial things like my grades, college, friends, parties to trying to find a reason behind everything. I think of philosophy (I know, a broad term), sociology, psychology, why things are the way they are. About literature, fantasize about what I want in my future, what an ideal life would be like, to make a breakthrough in some field or the other, to be comfortable, etc. etc. etc.
I also think about my girlfriend and our future. Doesn't really seem bright but although it has taken a back seat in my life (long distance, meh), it is important to me. It’s more platonic love than sexual desires but I am not saying that I am by any means, demisexual.
What provokes this? Anything. Just tuning out of the daily rat life."

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?

Well, I do stray away from my goals and path often. So, an occasional reminder to tell me to get back to doing what I should do wouldn't hurt too much. And no, I don't want feedback from anyone unless I ask them.

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?

Ennea Type VI?

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
This was probably not a good timing @Angst as I have been preparing for an exam (which I just completed a few hours ago) and right now I am at the university waiting for the train home that I booked.

However, reading through what you wrote then I'd say that it is 99% possibility of you being an NP. I'd also say highly likely that you are an ENTP. You didn't really write anything that striked me as Fi, most of it looked like Fe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts