Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personal concepts
1. What is beauty? What is love?
Beauty is confidence and warmth. Love is feeling fuzzy and excited.
2. What are your most important values?
Stand up for what you believe in. Be considerate of others' feelings.
3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
I would say deistic existentialism, which isn't actually a proper term. It's a mix between deism and theistic existentialism. I believe in it because I do not think we would have consciousness for no reason.
4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
I do not like war and think there must be ways to solve world issues without warfare. Power is being able to make people do things that they don't want to do by any means possible.

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

I have had long conversations about feminism, as I feel strongly that we need equality for all. My interests include feminism, psychology and novels, especially those about true crime.
6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?*
Not particularly. I do sometimes talk about losing weight, though.
7. What do you think of daily chores?
They are boring but sometimes they can be a good distraction and give me time to think.
8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
Books – Misery by Stephen King; The Full Story of Fred and Rose West and the Gloucester House of Horrors by Sounes; Flowers in the Attic by Virginia Andrews; My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult.
Films – Precious; Gattaca; Mermaids (1990)
9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
Cry: The ending to the book My Sister's Keeper made me cry so hard. I also cried watching a TV show recently when one of the characters died. The last time I cried over something that happened in my life was when I was feeling down about not doing well in my exams but that was two years ago.
Smile: Being thankful for my blessings.
10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
At one with the environment: when I'm on my own, walking through some snow and it's really beautiful outside.
Sense of belonging: In the company of those I love, at my house or theirs.

Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

Weaknesses: I let people put me down and I just don't know how to stand up for myself without causing an argument. I also can be a bit two-faced, which I know is bad.
Dislikes about myself: My relying on others to do things because I say it's “too hard” when really I should just focus and try to do it myself. I also wish I was average height, instead of being 6'3”.
12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
Strengths: Optimism; empathy with others; good sense of humour (or so I have been told).
Likes about myself: Sense of humour; creative thought.
13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
Finding a partner; confidence
14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
Not really.

People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
Qualities I like: Open-minded; zany; funny; spontaneous; intelligent; warm; fun; nice; well-mannered.
Qualities I dislike: Rude; judgemental of others' beliefs; disrespectful; boring; unsociable; monopolising the conversation to only what they want to talk about; obnoxious; flaky.
Types I get along with: People of intermediate extraversion/introversion, fitting the words I used for 'Qualities I like'
16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
Feelings about romance/sex: I'd definitely like to have a romantic partner, as I feel I want to care for someone and have someone care for me and feel truly happy. As for sex, I'm starting to think I'm asexual. I have a visual attraction to guys but no sexual feelings since I was about 16.
Qualities in a partner that I would like: Understanding; caring; funny; interesting; shared values; attractive, about average height; dark hair, tanned.
17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
Main concerns: That they were happy; that they should be themselves and not care what others thought of them; that they should be courteous and respectful to others.
What measures would I take?: Explain to them my values; have a fair system of punishing them if they did something wrong e.g. hitting another child, etc.
18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
Inward reaction: Feel disappointed in them, hurt because I thought I knew them better than that and annoyed at them.
Outward reaction: Question them about it, discuss it with them then if they did not give me a good answer, perhaps start avoiding spending time with them as much.
19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
I see people as generally not challenging the world around them enough and thinking for themselves. A prevalent social problem is an injustice on a large scale – i.e. one group or other has a monopoly of power. An example is sexism.
20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I just start talking to them, ask them for their number and ask them if they fancy doing something with me any time soon. I act open and jokey around them or caring, depending on the situation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts