Personality Cafe banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Probably 4-5s... 459, 451, 458 SP-dom (home and safety) and the other thing is that they tend to enjoy spending time alone. SO-dom tends to draw the person towards social issues but not necessarily makes them social. SX-dom immerses themselves with their passions so I would say SX/SP or SP/SX

·
Registered
448 Posts
My first thought was attachment types, but hell if I actually know.
:(

But seriously, you might have stumbled upon something, I often find myself in the presence of people, doing such things of course give me some amount of security, though at many points I find that I connect only on a superficial level with many people, of course I copy their mannerisms, most of the time this happens unconsciously, then in the end I end up connecting with them, and they connect with me because I supply them with the image or the thing they want to be seeing, and though it feels safe, and comfortable, and nice, it's emotionally draining, and it makes me feel very lonely when i'm among people, and of course not having contacted anyone for a while or having a very negative connection with some makes me more insecure than lonely. - I'm getting better at truly connecting, but not quite there, yet.

Therefore, I think that the attachment types (especially when you have all tree in your tritype, hooray!) are more bound to feel alone when they are among people than others, but I'm not sure whether they will feel loneliness the most, it's kind of hard to see who's more lonely than the other, especially when the differences aren't that big.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Infx

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quang,

What makes you say 4-5s? Judging from my reading that it is extroverts who are most prone to loneliness, I would not have guessed 4-5. However, being an introverted 4w5 myself, I only gather this knowledge of extroverts being lonely from an outsider's perspective.
(If any extroverts want to chime in here with their personal experiences, that'd be great).
Granted, I can be prone to loneliness, but I think my willful self-seclusion might make me appear more lonely than I actually am.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
SO-dom tends to draw the person towards social issues
Just found tthis was an interesting statement! :D

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
I am an ENTP, and quite a piece of extrovert. But at the moment, I spend my time alone or with very few persons.
I isolated myself a lot the past 12-16 months and I am slowly allowing myself to see other ppl.

But I am over-excited now when I am in social surroundings...

So since, I decided myself to be alone, it comes quite easily to accept loneliness, since it s your choice.

Reactions: CrudeAsAButton

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
What makes you say that?
They take any loneliness that a human feels and accentuate it as though it is a virtue. They are also the most prone to fall victim to the idea of love as the most important thing imo

Reactions: CrudeAsAButton

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Quang,

What makes you say 4-5s? Judging from my reading that it is extroverts who are most prone to loneliness, I would not have guessed 4-5. However, being an introverted 4w5 myself, I only gather this knowledge of extroverts being lonely from an outsider's perspective.
(If any extroverts want to chime in here with their personal experiences, that'd be great).
Granted, I can be prone to loneliness, but I think my willful self-seclusion might make me appear more lonely than I actually am.
The habitual focus of 4-5s directs them into their 'inner world', vivid imaginations, and contemplations. To feel at ease, 4-5s often require quiet time where they can concentrate and doing so can result greater isolation, whereas 2-7s tend to be the extraverted type that focuses on the 'outer world' that ultimately attracts them towards people and less metaphysical issues.

A SO-45x, however, would be something along the lines of an historian, archaeologist, critic, writer, librarian, humanitarian, or philosopher (eccentric people in public settings)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am an ENTP, and quite a piece of extrovert. But at the moment, I spend my time alone or with very few persons.
I isolated myself a lot the past 12-16 months and I am slowly allowing myself to see other ppl.

But I am over-excited now when I am in social surroundings...

So since, I decided myself to be alone, it comes quite easily to accept loneliness, since it s your choice.
Why did you choose to isolate yourself?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The habitual focus of 4-5s directs them into their 'inner world', vivid imaginations, and contemplations. To feel at ease, 4-5s often require quiet time where they can concentrate and doing so can result greater isolation, whereas 2-7s tend to be the extraverted type that focuses on the 'outer world' that ultimately attracts them towards people and less metaphysical issues.

A SO-45x, however, would be something along the lines of an historian, archaeologist, critic, writer, librarian, humanitarian, or philosopher (eccentric people in public settings)
This is what trips me up. I know as a 4w5 I often choose to isolate myself, and after a while I may grow lonely and then just not want to see anyone because I feel "bad", perpetuating the isolation cycle. BUT it was my choice, after all. I think loneliness not by choice must feel much more lonely because it has an element of helplessness to it, which why I think that extroverts must be more prone to loneliness, because when they are alone I would generally assume it is not by choice.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They take any loneliness that a human feels and accentuate it as though it is a virtue. They are also the most prone to fall victim to the idea of love as the most important thing imo
This is an interesting concept. Kind of how 4s are most prone to depression but also the most equipped to deal with it, as they embrace their negative feelings. I wonder if being prone to loneliness really makes you more equipped to deal with loneliness.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Why did you choose to isolate yourself?
Had to get my shit together ;D Underwent a complete reorientation of my career. I didn't find anything interesting to do with my degree, and had to find something to do, learnt programming and created my ecommerce website.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.