Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there!

I've been lurking on this site for a week now, thought I came in and say hey ;)

I identify myself the most as an INTP: Clumsy, unstructured on the outside, but having a very structured and logical view on the world & universe. My body is just a carriage for my brain, that will turn to dust at some point, what you have thought about, said & done *might* not disappear. Big problem: most people can't follow my logic, it seems to be too abstract.

I do however sympathize with INFPs a lot. I've always been into fantasy, books, movies, series, music. Some people can create wonderful worlds of which I just love to determine how it spins and goes. I like to believe I can understand real INFPs, but they just don't show it to us in a logical way, so I think I'm being lead on :th_sur:
INFPs are such weird but lovely creatures. Perfect source for endless debates, if they're up to it. My best friend ATM is a real one, while my best teen friends were all INTP/INTJ. Nothing fun in complete logical systems anymore when you've figured it all out :unsure:
However, I do suck at this Fe thingy though, in relationships I always want to do the best for the other, but that never works out logically. Fe can be a real battlefield when that happens :p

Analyzing peoples feelings is another trait I have, something I share with the monstrous ENTPs, provoking arguments to see how people are under the skin. I do this only with friends though, and they know it. When chameoloning at my work (ISP tech, but will go back to college), I do find it already tiresome enough to top it up with games like that. I can be extravert at command, but can't do it for long.
But... MBTI has helped me a lot in this conquest for human feelings! It's not a scientific system, IMHO, but it's applicable in a fast way. I always used to be able to sum up people rather quickly, MBTI just gives me names to use. Everyone can move left or right within the system when they want to. Systems like OCEAN give a better view on this, but aren't as fast and abstract.

TL;DR: I'm an INTP that likes to discover other worlds and people to fight off the the always lurking existential crisis :ninja: This forum might be fit for that!

Signing off!
-Iarwain

P.S.: Even though we're low on the population stats, this forum is stuffed with INTPs :laughing: We really like to catalog everything and give it it's spot.

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,102 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Iarwain and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Iarwain. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

Hmm, I did the cognitive test linked on the frontpage, and get Ne - Ti - Ni - Fi - Si - Te - Fe - Se.
Most possible type is ENTP while I'm a real introvert. INTP remains second choice ;)
Guess I need to read up more.

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ VLFE
20,985 Posts
@Iarwain

WELCOME!

I'm an ENTP and we are among the more "introverted of the extroverts." I say we can get into a Ne-Ti loop and spend a lot of time in our own heads without realizing we're alone. Sooner or later though, we have to go out and find others to test our ideas on. Then we go back to integrating and tinkering with things for a while. Also, enthusiasm is generally more of an ENTP trait than an INTP trait. Check out the link below:

Comparing ENTP vs. INTP

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The more I read into it, the more it's looking like I'm just a really introvert ENTP. I don't know.
I like people, but I'm sticking to only a few at a time. I already guessed I can be extroverted between friends, but I thought that was introvert was meant to be. Most tests type me off as an INTP because of the reason I don't like crowds, but I'm starting to see the overlaps with what you're describing and what I'm noticing of myself.

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ VLFE
20,985 Posts
The more I read into it, the more it's looking like I'm just a really introvert ENTP. I don't know.
I like people, but I'm sticking to only a few at a time. I already guessed I can be extroverted between friends, but I thought that was introvert was meant to be. Most tests type me off as an INTP because of the reason I don't like crowds, but I'm starting to see the overlaps with what you're describing and what I'm noticing of myself.
I don't particularly like crowds either. It maximizes the chance there's a nutball in the mix. I don't mind being in a room with say, 20-25 people. More than that and there's usually too much going on for me to pay attention to all at once. The exception to the rule is when I'm on stage performing. I can handle audiences.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm my limits are a lot lower, max 5 people ;) I'm opening a thread on the "What's my personality"-subforum with my results and questionnaires.

·
MOTM July 2015
6,265 Posts
Oh, wow. I can relate to approx. 80% of what you say and boy, do I love Tolkien! :D
Haha. It's hard to believe INTPs are so rare if you take a look at this forum. Another funny thing is how empty, inactive and dusty the ESFJ part of the forum is ;D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I've noticed, not many ESFJs around, probably too busy with real life etc ^^"

I'm still struggling with my type, I've opened up a topic under "What's My Personality Type", can't link it yet, but here's just the text link: personalitycafe.com/whats-my-personality-type/515946-confused-about-intp.html
I've been typed as INFP, and I'm getting more & more confused now :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts