Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You probably already have read the article by timeless where he explains the enneagram within the Freudian model.
http://personalitycafe.com/articles/47315-freudian-theory-enneagram.html

Each enneagram type is distinct because of their unique set of fears and desires. These fears and desires are the core components of each type, and they can be explained using a Freudian model.

My theory is that every type is associated with libidinal energy expenditure on the id, ego, or superego. This means that an id type would prefer id motivations in their daily life, while a superego type would look toward their superego. This doesn't mean that id types don't have a superego, it's just less used than a superego type, for example.
And this theory implies:

9w1 Ego-Superego
1w9 Superego-Ego
1w2 Double Superego
2w1 Double Superego
2w3 Superego-Id
3w2 Id-Superego
3w4 Id-Ego
4w3 Ego-Id
4w5 Double Ego
5w4 Double Ego
5w6 Ego-Superego
6w5 Superego-Ego
6w7 Superego-Id
7w6 Id-Superego
7w8 Double Id
8w7 Double Id
8w9 Id-Ego
9w8 Ego-Id

This is also interesting (from a user of other forum a long time ago):
The Superego is the inner parent that took care of us when we were young. It was formed by age 2 and guides our actions through a reward-and-punishment system. Since we’re adults, we’ve outgrown the inner parent and its function is now obsolete.

Criteria for receiving a reward from the Superego, according to EnneaType:

Type 1 – Being correct and correcting that which needs improvement.
Type 2 – Being close to other people by being loving and helpful.
Type 3 – Having successful interactions with people and being recognized as successful.
Type 4 – Feeling deep emotions in order to feel alive and to feel like oneself. Creating an identity out of these emotions.
Type 5 – Maintaining coherency in the internal, conceptual model of the world. Finding connections between disparate parts of the model.
Type 6 – Having an ultimate authority or belief system in order to reach decisions and alleviate mental restlessness. Bolstering authority figures or ideology. Protecting the adopted belief system from being undermined.
Type 7 – Having fun, being happy, and avoiding unprocessed negative emotions.
Type 8 – Being strong and being in control. Protecting one’s adopted inner circle of people.
Type 9 – Maintaining a pleasant internal representation of the external world, where nice people (friends, family, extended family) all live together peacefully and in harmony.

The purpose of this thread in particular?
There are few tests that can point out a preference. Lets see how your enneatype correlates with the theory and Freudian model.
Maybe we will make some conclusions.

Take those tests and post your core enneagram and the results:
Test 1
Test 2

Thank you!

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'm 6w7, so Superego(-Id).

First test:
Super-Ego 53%
Ego 30%
Id 27%

2nd test:
Id 22
Ego 27
Superego 35

The second test kinda sucks - "Do you shop online?" what. Despite that, my Superego is pretty strong and my 1-fix isn't helping at all.

Reactions: Aha

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
You Scored as Id. You scored as having a high "id". You are mostly driven by instinct and controled by your want for pleasure. To balance yourself, try thinking things out more and being patient to make decisions.

Id: 57%
Super-ego: 47%
Ego:27%

Oh hum.

2nd test:
Your result for The ID, Ego, Superego Test ...
Proud Parent

Your brain is sliced... 44 Id , 27 Ego , 12 Superego !

Proud parent, hell yeah. :cool: Wait what?? :confused:

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You Scored as Id. You scored as having a high "id". You are mostly driven by instinct and controled by your want for pleasure. To balance yourself, try thinking things out more and being patient to make decisions.

Id: 57%
Super-ego: 47%
Ego:27%

Oh hum.

2nd test:
Your result for The ID, Ego, Superego Test ...
Proud Parent

Your brain is sliced... 44 Id , 27 Ego , 12 Superego !

Proud parent, hell yeah. :cool: Wait what?? :confused:
Are sure you are 6? It is a super-ego type.

Although, I understand that sx will score more on id, but you have pretty much huge unbalance.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Are sure you are 6? It is a super-ego type.

Although, I understand that sx will score more on id, but you have pretty much huge unbalance.
I'm a lazy and indulgent person, so I guess that affects my Id score somewhat.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,924 Posts
Test 1
You Scored as Ego

You scored as having a high ego. You compromise between pleasure and value. You think situations through and have a good head about things. You might want to watch compromising too much or you'll miss out on enjoying yourself.

Ego 57%
Id 53%
Super-Ego 30%

Makes sense since I am a 5 with a very strong 8 fix.

I didn't take test 2 because I forgot my OkCupid id.

Reactions: Aha

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm a lazy and indulgent person, so I guess that affects my Id score somewhat.
Maybe strong line to 3? I tend to become Id-ish when stressed, apart from that I'm superego-overload. :sad:
Though describing yourself as "lazy" could maybe speak against that. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Test 1:

You Scored as Id
You scored as having a high "id". You are mostly driven by instinct and controled by your want for pleasure. To balance yourself, try thinking things out more and being patient to make decisions.

Id 63%
Ego 47%
Super-Ego 27%

Test 2:
39 ID ,
36 Ego ,
6 Superego

Pretty much correlates with enneatype. Super-ego might be bigger actually, but it is very selective. Basic personal principles which I do not breach.

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Maybe strong line to 3? I tend to become Id-ish when stressed, apart from that I'm superego-overload. :sad:
Though describing yourself as "lazy" could maybe speak against that. :tongue:
Yeah, I was about to say. "Lazy" isn't the first word I think of when I think of type 3. I'd say it's more that my thinking is rather super-ego, but it doesn't have a very overbearing effect on my behavior. Or, I guess, as a phobic 6, my superego is more about avoiding things that are stupid or wrong because it could get me in trouble, than actually caring much about my integrity, etc. Thing is, I'm used to getting away with being lazy, so...

·
Registered
66 Posts
First test:

Id 60%
Ego 47%
Super-Ego 30%

2nd test:

Your brain is sliced... 39ID , 27 Ego , 24 Superego

And I'm a 4, that's for sure. Maybe the 8 in my tritype is more influent than I thought?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First test:

Id 60%
Ego 47%
Super-Ego 30%

2nd test:

Your brain is sliced... 39ID , 27 Ego , 24 Superego

And I'm a 4, that's for sure. Maybe the 8 in my tritype is more influent than I thought?
Sig:
INFJ
4w5 5w4 9w1 sx/sp
You put 459 and 468 in the same sig?

·
Registered
66 Posts
You put 459 and 468 in the same sig?
Well, 468 is my tritype. That I'm sure too.

My trifix is 4w5 5w4 9w1, according to the Comprehensive Enneagram Quiz. Don't know what it worth though, I've never found an other test who determine it.

It seems to be two distinct things. But correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, 468 is my tritype. That I'm sure too.

My trifix is 4w5 5w4 9w1, according to the Comprehensive Enneagram Quiz. Don't know what it worth though, I've never found an other test who determine it.

It seems to be two distinct things. But correct me if I'm wrong.
Oh just forget about the quiz. If you want your tritype to represent yourself, your motivations, fear, decires etc. you should read about every type. Read in detail.

You are either 4w5 5w4 9w1 or 468 - you cannot put both as your tritype. Try to read first about every supposed component of your tritype:
Enneagram History and Origins: The Traditional Enneagram
Put the most attention on the fears though:

Basic Fears -

1- being bad, imbalanced, defective and corrupt
2- being unloved
3- being worthless
4- having no identity and therefore no significance
5- being helpless, incompetent and incapable
6- being without support or guidance
7- being trapped in pain, boredom and deprivation
8- being harmed, controlled and violated
9- loss, separation and fragmentation

·
Registered
66 Posts
Oh just forget about the quiz. If you want your tritype to represent yourself, your motivations, fear, decires etc. you should read about every type. Read in detail.

You are either 4w5 5w4 9w1 or 468 - you cannot put both as your tritype. Try to read first about every supposed component of your tritype:
Enneagram History and Origins: The Traditional Enneagram
I'll check it out. Thanks for lightening me :)

The fears though... Hard to identify with only 3.

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
First test:

Id 57%
Super-Ego 57%
Ego 50%

Second Test:

Proud Parent

Your brain is sliced... 33ID , 27 Ego , 29 Superego !
You are very balanced and know what you want, how to get it and how to retire in style. You put yourself on the same level as others around you.

So I am balanced. Huzzah I have no enneagram type according to you.

·
Registered
9,944 Posts
On the first test...
I had to answer a tie breaker question to get super ego because I had the same percentage on both ego & super ego.

On the second test I had a one point difference and got ego (as opposed to super ego)

So it looks like I am right in the middle of the both.

My ennegram is 3w4

1 - 20 of 32 Posts