Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would throw out another light topic for discussion and pose the following question to all the INTJs out there:

What is your ideal first date?

Is there any particular way that you would like to be courted or do the courting?

What would make you feel uncomfortable?

Be creative with your answers if you like:tongue:

Non creative answer:

My ideal first date would involve meeting up for coffee in a hole-in-the-wall style cafe. Hot beverages only as I don't like eating in front of people I have just met. Followed by a stroll through an exhibition at the museum.
I love watching people's reactions to art work and trying to gauge what they are thinking.
Afterwards going to the local pub to watch the featured stand up comedian of the evening.

My favourite way of being courted is by intellectual conversation that still manages to be full of laughter. I like romantic gestures and chivalrous acts. What I really don't like are the cutesy things like teddie bears with love hearts and obsessive behavior.

To make me really uncomfortable... take me on a group date. Yuk!

Now, I have to think of a creative answer lol.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
My ideal first date would never happen, as for all they say they don't, women hate romantic men. I would most likely have to save this for later in the relationship when I could actually "get away with it."

It would involve a sunset picnic near the ocean (not on the beach because of the sand) with the most intricately thought up foods I could contemplate based on what I know of her preferred pallet, along with a decent bottle of champagne (not because its romantic, but because I love champagne). Intellectual and philosophical discussion would ensue, followed by a long walk down the beach at dusk.

I would give her a glass rose as an eternal reminder, of hopefully a good time.

After cavorting barefoot in the sand, and talking for hours on end; watching the crescent moon set, two hours after the sun, would top off the evening (this would of course require even more forethought/luck to get the phase of the moon right).

·
Registered
84 Posts
What is your ideal first date?

A visit to the ghost town of Prypiat near the Chernobyl nuclear power plant.

For those of you who don't know about that... in 1986 the nuclear reactor basically exploded and shot a cloud of nuclear radiation over Europe. It was the worst nuclear power plant accident in history.
Prypiat is right next to it and was immediately evacuated - leaving it with the look as if people just vanished from one moment to the next.

Today it is indeed possible to visit the ghost town. The main routes have been decontaminated. But it really is creepy there... with a ferris wheel still standing around, for example.

So, this would be great for a first date - I imagine there is a lot more to learn about a person that way than in any conversation.

Is there any particular way that you would like to be courted or do the courting?

No. Every relationship is different (and starts out different). So it would heavily depend on the person.

What would make you feel uncomfortable?

If the radiation would exceed the lethal dosis.

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
I had a long discussion once about how a "helium bar" would be a great first date. You go there and inhale helium and everyone would look ridiculous - no one could even try to look cool, be pretentious, do pick-up lines, show-off, or generally be concerned about their image. They'd get their fucking heads out of their asses, have a goddamn sense of humour about things, and just have nice ridiculous conversations.

Anything that is too much like a date makes me uncomfortable. Just hanging out and getting really into a conversation, wherever, is what I like. Random sports or activities too is ok, but we have to talk a lot. I love weird conversation. And I bulldoze over awkwardness and self-presentation like nobody's business. No one manages to show off around me or keep up a cool facade. Including me. Goddamnit, have fun.

A bouncy castle even? heh....

Just something childish, not taking ourselves too seriously. Serious/intellectual/academic topics will come up anyway. But it'll be like when we decorated our gingerbread men to look like philosophers and they had fights in silly voices about their theories. I like intelligent things, but I refuse to be serious.

·
Registered
178 Posts
My ideal first date would never happen, as for all they say they don't, women hate romantic men. I would most likely have to save this for later in the relationship when I could actually "get away with it."

It would involve a sunset picnic near the ocean (not on the beach because of the sand) with the most intricately thought up foods I could contemplate based on what I know of her preferred pallet, along with a decent bottle of champagne (not because its romantic, but because I love champagne). Intellectual and philosophical discussion would ensue, followed by a long walk down the beach at dusk.

After cavorting barefoot in the sand, and talking for hours on end; watching the crescent moon set, two hours after the sun, would top off the evening (this would of course require even more forethought/luck to get the phase of the moon right).
^ Why add more? He pegged it.

·
Registered
241 Posts

I think this would be incredibly lovely - I'm sure NF's generally would absolutely love it!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
What if her perfered pallete did not go well with champange? did you think of that? :tongue:

Or would you only date a girl who loves fine breads and cheeses?

·
Registered
INFP
1,321 Posts
My ideal date is probably considered quite ordinary by regular standards because I dont go out of my house that often.

It would probably involves something like: tea, museum (love contemporary art/architecture), movie, a walk, a chamber music/jazz concert, a play and/or a discussion in front of a landscape/fireworks (even though I tend to find them boring at times)/whatever.

Basically an activity that is an excuse to meet somebody somewhere with some attention filling capacity for moments of silence. That is interesting enough to involve situational talk without compromising the more interesting/deeper conversation that can occur as well (before/after/during).

In short, I'm boring. lol

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually, I think my ideal date would somehow involve Dance Dance Revolution in it....

....:unsure:

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
What if her perfered pallete did not go well with champange? did you think of that? :tongue:

Or would you only date a girl who loves fine breads and cheeses?
Lol, I almost clarified that, Sparkling Apple Cider would be the imediate backup plan, or something more specific if she was really picky (I actually like picky women, it means they know what they want and I have to work a little harder to please them.)

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I'm of two minds for this.

Rational Me would love to be taken to a great performance, either classical (e.g. Yo-Yo Ma, Joshua Bell, David Lanz) or contemporary music (Snow Patrol, Coldplay, Keane) followed by a drinks and discussion until the bar kicks us out then a walk in a park and more discussion while we wait for the sunrise.

Feeler Me wants to squeal with delight. Take me someplace active with lots of possibilities for physical contact: haunted house, bonfire, horseback riding, hiking, paintball, geocaching, miniature golf.... Showcase something you're good at but be willing to teach me.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm nervous, I better get some practice in. There was me thinking guitar hero... :crazy:
Well, I play a mean game of DDR... and it would be really nice to beat you at a game for once. Just saying :tongue:

ROFL- Guitar Hero... Damn that photo comes back to haunt me every time!

Reactions: PseudoSenator

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Grunt
22,865 Posts
ok....call me a weirdo. I would really fancy just having a simple meal, a couple of vodkas then seeing a kick arse live band. Perhaps going home and flopping on the couch and watching Mad Max or The Warriors....there are 3 different environments there...surely one would know by the end of that if this person is versatile enough to negotiate at least one of them. Then maybe I could get a feel if they are up my incredibly low standards:wink:

·
Registered
946 Posts
ok....call me a weirdo. I would really fancy just having a simple meal, a couple of vodkas then seeing a kick arse live band. Perhaps going home and flopping on the couch and watching Mad Max or The Warriors....there are 3 different environments there...surely one would know by the end of that if this person is versatile enough to negotiate at least one of them. Then maybe I could get a feel if they are up my incredibly low standards:wink:
Hmm. Vodka, a band, and Mad Max.

If INTJ chicks are like this, I'm going to have to switch from ENFP's.

Thanks for planning my weekend for me. :laughing:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts