Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your ideal jobs? What are your favorite fields and categories of occupation?

I personally love jobs that have to do with history (archeology, ancient scripts decoding), foreign languages, hydrobiology and marine life, geography, psychology, photography, nature research,library related occupations, book editing/reviewing and any job that includes me working with my little price tag labeller gun(obsessed with those things) but only with that kind of work and no customer service included. :laughing:

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
My ideal jobs are:

1) Illustrator and author.
2) University Lecturer

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Who is going to pay you to do this though?

If you have the money, are you going to pay someone who is just going to sleep or daydream? I certainly won't. What a bum.
The government of course. It is called social benefits.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
People with any glimpse of morality will not make use of that for their laziness.
But chronic laziness is a crippling disease - you cannot work when you suffer from chronic laziness. Are these people just going to starve and die? No they need social benefits and money from the welfare system.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
My ideal job would be one where I travel the world and continually write about the experience, publishing a continuous stream of books based on that writing.

Not like travel blogging (the lowest of the low-hanging fruit); more like A Time of Gifts or, more recently, any of Michael Palin's works.

For a more realistic approach, I think I would enjoy anything with a bit of creative autonomy, independent working and as few fake-happy client/customer interactions as possible. Also nothing in sales. My current realistic aim is computer coding. The dream would be working remotely wherever there's an internet connection.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Shhhh... stahp it, I need inspiration.

Ideal jobs: pensioner, writer, independent researcher of [whatever, really] or professional [any hobby-like skill].

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
At this moment: Troubleshooter / advisor. (which I am atm)

Likely in a few years this changes and I will then follow through, to whatever interests me then.
Jobs are for me just time-spenditure in exchange for money for food and a living, apart from them being a reason to educate myself.

There is little ambition involved. My only ambition is to be free of debt, a.k.a. buy myself free from 'having to work to live'.

This one states it best I guess:

Other than that, I like to do something useful, preferably in a field that I like.
Each job I did so far, gave me an opportunity to focus on learning the ins and outs of it, which is basically the most interesting part about it.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
My current job as a software engineer is ideal for me. It's my nature to create beautiful, logical things. I can also see the joy of being a college professor in computer science or math, a food truck (or small restaurant or bakery) owner, a biologist, a mathematician, or a physicist.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I want to create things with my mind.

Or breed an army of genetically mutated children with telekinesis, who will mind-read the secrets of every CEO, know the access codes to nuclear weapons, understand the embarrassing sex habits of politicians, and so on. With this vast knowledge, we will sell information, manipulate the world leaders, all from a covert base inside of a volcano. Our goal will be guerrilla mind-anarchy. I gradually will commit earth suicide.

Or maybe, you know, I'll be a dog walker.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts