Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, what would be your ideal living arrangements? Was thinking just what kind of house/studio originally, but why not go for the whole shebang? Not just fantasy, but not just reality either. Where do you see yourself living in the future, where would you like to live if it were possible? If you have an attainable goal in life, what is it? If you had several million at your disposal, what would you do for a place to stay?

Place
Goal: Coast of Ireland (not sure which one, haven't been there to decide yet)
Dream: Moon Base or Asteroid

Type of Home
Goal: I want to spend at least a few years/decades living on my own boat, traveling the world. Eventually I would want to have a house designed like a miniature 14th century monastery, stone walls and all. Complete with climate controlled glass covered courtyard. I have a lot more details in mind for individual rooms and such, but thats the gist of it. Possibly built on or near a large cliff overlooking the ocean. With a labyrinthine basement with gameroom/shooting range/theater and a secret entrance (probably lots of secret entrances, just because they are so cool) leading to the base of the cliff.

Dream: To have a large warehouse removed from the mainstream of society. The inside would be an open grassy area with artificial wind, rain and storms at the touch of a button. In the center would be the afore mentioned house. :tongue:

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
I was looking at dream houses today and I found this:

It has a beautiful top floor apartment with a rooftop patio and a living room with ALL book shelves. I would definitely live here on my own during my career before I decided to settle down and have a family. Who wouldn't wanna live in a church? You could always be spiritually protected and the stainless glass windows are breathless.

http://www.luxuryrealestate.com/926...-315-rue-prince-arthur-montreal-quebec-canada

Then I would live in this kind of tudor style home if I ever settle down:

http://www.luxuryrealestate.com/1491728-single-family-home-673-grosvenor-westmount-quebec-canada

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
First off, some background, I never understood why people pay these exaggerated prices on living, only to work their whole lives and slave away dying, so I plan on doing something very different and I refuse to be trapped into that type of mindset. I absolutely do not want to be that person, who pays $300,000 dollars on a McMansion (wasted space), for 30 plus years, working all my life to pay it off, while overpaying due to interest on a bank owned home, that could easily be taken away if dire situations arise.

My plan? I like my dreams based in reality because I only have one life to live and idealism is a tease that will never be attained. Dreaming is great, but I want my dreams to come true, so with that said, here is my plan:

1. Get rid of all my debts. I am now debt free *knock on wood*

2. Buy some land, a few acres, most likely this will be located in the country side, or rural area. I don't want to live around people, I don't want noisy neighbors, I love my space, I love my freedom, I love my privacy and I want to be able to walk around naked or do whatever the fuck I want on my own property, scream, yell in excitement, whatever. True freedom.

3. I plan to buy this land in cash as I don't want any payments or debt hanging over my head. I have already began the process of saving and setting a certain amount aside from my paycheck that goes into a separate account that I do not touch.

4. I plan to build a small house around 500 to 800 square feet, all eco-friendly and independent (maybe even off-grid), that way the home itself is independent and self-sufficient. If my home is properly built with green technologies, passive-solar technologies, solar panels and so forth, that will mean I will not have to pay mortgage eventually or the PG&E company (and the more I save), which is the ultimate goal, a kind of go fuck yourself, I've found an alternative option and you do not own my living. The smaller the home, the less it will cost, I have done the research and it has been done.

5. By doing all this, instead of working for a living, I will now be working for fun, in which I plan to travel the world, maybe even retire early and save lots of money and never pay mortgage.

This is like my ultimate dream and goal in life, I do not care about relationships, careers, education, or any of that bullshit that most people talk about, I just want my piece of land, so that I can explore, live, have fun, create, learn, travel and do all the things that life should really be about, at least according to me. I will die trying to achieve this dream/goal because it is something I strongly want and once I am focused on something, I will not stop unless death happens to take its course.

I have been kicking this idea around in my head since the day I first realized work was slavery (I am anti-work), which was in my late teens, but I didn't know how to achieve it. Then a break came, I saw a documentary and it basically extended my ideas and made them a reality. After that documentary, I researched like crazy. This whole idea just fits me personality wise and I am doing something that I want. I am going to prove to myself that there are not only alternative options out there, but that I can do it and that I can beat the outdated social construct.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I have been kicking this idea around in my head since the day I first realized work was slavery (I am anti-work)
I'm working until I have enough money to retire. Should be a few more years... You are right about the wage slavery, especially the US seems to be almost built to have people indentured.

·
Registered
87 Posts
First off, some background, I never understood why people pay these exaggerated prices on living, only to work their whole lives and slave away dying, so I plan on doing something very different and I refuse to be trapped into that type of mindset. I absolutely do not want to be that person, who pays $300,000 dollars on a McMansion (wasted space), for 30 plus years, working all my life to pay it off, while overpaying due to interest on a bank owned home, that could easily be taken away if dire situations arise.

My plan? I like my dreams based in reality because I only have one life to live and idealism is a tease that will never be attained. Dreaming is great, but I want my dreams to come true, so with that said, here is my plan:

1. Get rid of all my debts. I am now debt free *knock on wood*

2. Buy some land, a few acres, most likely this will be located in the country side, or rural area. I don't want to live around people, I don't want noisy neighbors, I love my space, I love my freedom, I love my privacy and I want to be able to walk around naked or do whatever the fuck I want on my own property, scream, yell in excitement, whatever. True freedom.

3. I plan to buy this land in cash as I don't want any payments or debt hanging over my head. I have already began the process of saving and setting a certain amount aside from my paycheck that goes into a separate account that I do not touch.

4. I plan to build a small house around 500 to 800 square feet, all eco-friendly and independent (maybe even off-grid), that way the home itself is independent and self-sufficient. If my home is properly built with green technologies, passive-solar technologies, solar panels and so forth, that will mean I will not have to pay mortgage eventually or the PG&E company (and the more I save), which is the ultimate goal, a kind of go fuck yourself, I've found an alternative option and you do not own my living. The smaller the home, the less it will cost, I have done the research and it has been done.

5. By doing all this, instead of working for a living, I will now be working for fun, in which I plan to travel the world, maybe even retire early and save lots of money and never pay mortgage.

This is like my ultimate dream and goal in life, I do not care about relationships, careers, education, or any of that bullshit that most people talk about, I just want my piece of land, so that I can explore, live, have fun, create, learn, travel and do all the things that life should really be about, at least according to me. I will die trying to achieve this dream/goal because it is something I strongly want and once I am focused on something, I will not stop unless death happens to take its course.

I have been kicking this idea around in my head since the day I first realized work was slavery (I am anti-work), which was in my late teens, but I didn't know how to achieve it. Then a break came, I saw a documentary and it basically extended my ideas and made them a reality. After that documentary, I researched like crazy. This whole idea just fits me personality wise and I am doing something that I want. I am going to prove to myself that there are not only alternative options out there, but that I can do it and that I can beat the outdated social construct.
Get out of my head!! You stole all my ideas. Now I need to come up with a new goal and a new dream... :p

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Get out of my head!! You stole all my ideas. Now I need to come up with a new goal and a new dream... :p
We can bounce ideas off each other, it's nice when you find people who kind of believe in the same things and ideas as you do, especially things that are not that common to begin with. :happy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts