Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ENFPs, in your experience what has been our ideal love match? I have heard that INTJ would be ideal, but I just can't see why so far with the interaction I have had with an INTJ friend of mine.

Insight anyone?

:confused:

·
Registered
318 Posts
NT's plus NFs tend to do well together, because we both love talking about abstract things, but where we NFs are co-operative, the NTs are utilitarian. It's a good dichotomy and balancing act between "Head and heart" essentially. the balance makes for a generally stable relationship platform, where one partner is strong in areas the other is weak in.

However, nothing is as important as who the person is as an individual. Trust, honesty, respect, all those intangibles play a much larger role than the type a person was born with in finding a good match. INTJs are awesome, but don't just pick one because you hear it's a good match, pick him because you like him specifically.

If he seems cool but you're just having trouble warming up to him, just hang out with him a bit more, you never know.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Yeah...my sister's an INTJ; good friend, but definitely not an ideal love match hehe
I would say an INFP...probably any NF really
I would like someone I can relate to and who'll get as lost in things as I do....I honestly think an NF is the best for me
I sometimes think Id want someone as extroverted as me, but in reality I think an introvert would be best for me

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, maybe NF would be a better match. He is a great friend and we have spent a ton of time together, but the face that he doesn't outwardly express his emotion when dealing with issues is frustrating. He always wants to plan out EVERYTHING and approach things slowly. Sometimes that doesn't work. I need someone who can do what needs to be done and can be assertive. I would love an I with a bit of E tendencies.

What about other people? Ideas? Preferences?

Reactions: Halcy0n

·
Registered
715 Posts
I've been dating an INFP long distance for about the last 11 months, and I think that he's amazing. We have similar values, and we "connect" in ways I've never experienced with anyone else. Even though we live two hours apart, I feel like he is right beside me in spirit. Regardless of how long we stay a couple for, I know that I have found my best friend, truly. :proud:

The only problem is that, when we do see each other, we don't always click on an in person level yet. We're confident, however, that as we can see each other more and more, we will overcome that. :D

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
My sis is an ENFP, and she's into INTPs.
I personally find almost all INF's to be simply irresistable. They're all like, "I really love people, but I'm gonna make you work for it." just adorable:proud:

·
Registered
838 Posts
INTJ are pure <3
I've said this so many times in this forum, but seriously, I can't think of a better match than INTJ at the moment.

I believe that S/N barrier is the hardest to cross in terms of communication, and we happen to both be N dominant. :wink: Thus ENFP and INTJs can be each other's enigma and teacher without much of the irritating friction (as long as both are mature) that comes from our apparent "oppositeness", really, INTJ and ENFPs are like the same people, except inside out. It's like looking out the opposite direction of the same platform touching back to back (The differences not only coming from the other 3 letters, but from Ne-Ni as well) making the conversation with INTJs fascinating. Being with them, the perspective just widens, it's like opening a box of mystery.

I can see (and has experienced) that the F/T barrier can be a bit of an irritation. But remember that both our second and third functions are the same, the position just switched. We can understand each other as long as both of us keep an open mind. The Fi in common can make us both stubborn...but hey! It makes for an interesting debate. :3

tl;dr - INTJ love fest.

(Personally though, this applies to INTJ females only for me. I prefer INTx females, and INFx males.)

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I am convinced it's INTJ for me. I once was physically attracted to an INTJ. We had a wonderful relationship. We had disagreements and even those were rare. We never really argued. We could usually see the other's point. But the main thing was that we were both into analyzing the shit out of our relationship. That was HEAVEN for me! He had serious endurance in analyzing the crap out of our relationship and other's.

Beyond that, I find the INTJ to be well spoken. They know how to use their words effectively even when battling an argument. This is so important to me. I can't stand screamers or name callers. I've since dated others after the INTJ relationship ended. I still hold the relationship with the INTJ in high regard. There was much mutual respect and growth.

I also dated an ENTP and we never argued either. It was a lot of fun. It wasn't as deep as the INTJ/ENFP mix, but the ENTP and I just "got" each other. We were very similar. (Lol-he just texted me! Twilight Zone :confused:)

Anyway, I think I tend to get along with the NT types rather than other NF's in romantic relationships because F is not my dominant function, Ne is. On top of that, my tertiary function Te is pretty well developed now. Therefore, I am finding it makes a huge difference if I date a person whose has F as their dominant function. I am still a very sensitive person but to a certain degree. Most of my best friends are NF's. However, romantic relationships conjure up even more emotional feelings for the both of us. I feel an INTJ keeps me more grounded in the type of person I truly like being.

At the very least, it helps in communication if I am with someone else whose dominant function is Intuition, even if it is Ni.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
How about INFJs? We're the most extroverted among the introverts.

One of my gal pals is an ENFP and we have lots of fun whenever we get together. She "gets" me in a way most people don't; I'm pretty certain she'd tell you the same thing about me as well. We have a gab fest of several hours whenever we see each other and often end up in quirky places together. And we are both able to give each other the space we need.

I like the ENFP personality. I often imagine that the guy I'd get together with one day could be an ENFP :)

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts

One of my gal pals is an ENFP and we have lots of fun whenever we get together. She "gets" me in a way most people don't; I'm pretty certain she'd tell you the same thing about me as well. We have a gab fest of several hours whenever we see each other and often end up in quirky places together. And we are both able to give each other the space we need.

I like the ENFP personality. I often imagine that the guy I'd get together with one day could be an ENFP :)
I think female INFJ and Male ENFP might work better. I have many reasons for this. I have had some problems with INFJ males.

However, I think INFJ females are just ultra cool. I can't even tell the difference between us when we are talking. Just a cool, understanding vibe between us both.

However, my experience with INFJ males is so much different. I feel that I often hurt their feelings or they project their own feelings onto me. One of my very best friends was an INFJ male. I think I never really understood his jealousy, his defensiveness, or his "bossy" nature towards me. He also encouraged me to hate other's too much. It's not the way I want to be in life. I can find the good in anybody. The INFJ male HATED that I gave everyone a chance. This is because he liked me. So the honesty about why he did what he did wasn't there. It eventually caused me not to trust him. He often went to the "personal" level way before I did.

Plus, I probably have less forgiveness for his tantrums since he is a male. Often times he would hang up from me and go away frustrated. I wouldn't know what happened, nor cared to. I want someone to express honesty. No games.

·
Registered
5,185 Posts

aww.. i often imagine that the girl I'd get together with one day could be an INFJ!

we're quite the pair.. INFPs, INTJs whatever, if i'm hanging out with a group of girls, the INFJ will stand out head and shoulders :proud:.. you guys bring out my witty side like no other (Y)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I think female INFJ and Male ENFP might work better. I have many reasons for this. I have had some problems with INFJ males.

However, I think INFJ females are just ultra cool. I can't even tell the difference between us when we are talking. Just a cool, understanding vibe between us both.

However, my experience with INFJ males is so much different. I feel that I often hurt their feelings or they project their own feelings onto me. One of my very best friends was an INFJ male. I think I never really understood his jealousy, his defensiveness, or his "bossy" nature towards me. He also encouraged me to hate other's too much. It's not the way I want to be in life. I can find the good in anybody. The INFJ male HATED that I gave everyone a chance. This is because he liked me. So the honesty about why he did what he did wasn't there. It eventually caused me not to trust him. He often went to the "personal" level way before I did.

Plus, I probably have less forgiveness for his tantrums since he is a male. Often times he would hang up from me and go away frustrated. I wouldn't know what happened, nor cared to. I want someone to express honesty. No games.

Woah, hanging up on you :shocked: That's not very mature. I always feel you should stay away from anyone who's jealous and bossy, no matter what personality type that person is. But I understand how you guys can disagree about people. My ENFP gal pal and I have the same issues all the time. She's incapable of seeing evil in anyone. I feel that even good people are capable of doing something bad once in a while. I often worry that people would hurt her or take advantage of her. I wouldn't boss her around her though, just warn her and leave it up to her to decide. That's why we're still such good friends :) I may be protective of her but I know she's a smart cookie who'd know what to do if something goes wrong.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience with male INFJs, pinkrasputin. I hope you'd meet more mature INFJs to hang out with one day :)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I think female INFJ and Male ENFP might work better.
From my experience, you're thinking right. The connection my INFJ ex built with me was profound and fun at the same time. She was incredible when it came down to loving gestures; she used to slip little sketches she drew in my pockets, and make me little mix-USB keys of music. Very much archetyped by Amélie Poulain if you know the reference. And conversation was bliss. We'd talk for hours. Talk for days. Bouts of long distance couldn't even shut us up.

Really, I don't know how I could even settle for another personality type after her.

Reactions: Halcy0n and Rouge

·
Registered
1,129 Posts

. However, my experience with INFJ males is so much different. I feel that I often hurt their feelings or they project their own feelings onto me. One of my very best friends was an INFJ male. I think I never really understood his jealousy, his defensiveness, or his "bossy" nature towards me He also encouraged me to hate other's too much. It's not the way I want to be in life. I can find the good in anybody. The INFJ male HATED that I gave everyone a chance. This is because he liked me. So the honesty about why he did what he did wasn't there. It eventually caused me not to trust him. He often went to the "personal" level way before I did.

I had a similar experience with my infj friend-especially the things bolded. I had stop hanging out with him because he made me feel bad about myself. I don't like it when a person makes me feel bad about myself. Plus he seemed to want to change me. Overall, I felt like he was judging me. I also felt our conversation ran its course.

I was surprise that he tested as an infj because I thought he was a ISFP. Because I thought infj and enfp made good friends like kindred spirit. The reason why it might not had worked was he has some issues he needs to work on with himself. But I'm optimistic that I can have a better relationship with another an infj or even him, once he works his issues out. It makes me sad because I thought he would be a friend I would have for life.

Reactions: Rouge

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I personally feel the ideal love match for enfps can be NF or NT. But it depends on the enfp and NF or NT to determine if the relationship can last.

I believe an infp or intj might be my ideal love match. Life is filled with surprises so your ideal love match might be ST or SF, you never know.

·
Registered
715 Posts
From my experience, you're thinking right. The connection my INFJ ex built with me was profound and fun at the same time. She was incredible when it came down to loving gestures; she used to slip little sketches she drew in my pockets, and make me little mix-USB keys of music. Very much archetyped by Amélie Poulain if you know the reference. And conversation was bliss. We'd talk for hours. Talk for days. Bouts of long distance couldn't even shut us up.

Really, I don't know how I could even settle for another personality type after her.
If you don't mind me asking, Essay, what happened to the two of you? It sounds just like me and my INFP.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, Essay, what happened to the two of you? It sounds just like me and my INFP.
It turned into a non-stop series of trying long distances and aspirations diverging. At first it was fine. We were on the same schedules at school, and on campus together 8 months out of the year. We were living in different cities otherwise, but I had a car and determination, so that was manageable. Then our schedules reversed, and more often than not we were on campus on opposite semesters. Bleh. Next, her work moved her to the other side of the continent. No longer able to drive, I opted to fly, but let's just say my pocketbook really felt it. I started to feel like a burden---she was just so career-minded and successful, and I was... scatterbrained and, erm, karmatically unlucky, haha. We got to talking about it after I got back from the flight, and with me so worried about holding her back, we decided to end it on a high note (my trip out there). When it came down to it, we were both setting ourselves up to be in differing places anyway. My heart was in South America, and her's in Europe.

It was a great four years though.

Reactions: Halcy0n

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Celebrities and their real-world applications

I definitely can relate to the bolded part. Thankfully, the objects of my INFJ's ire were only celebrities. At first I wasn't even willing to bend to that; I always give everyone the benefit of the doubt after all. But somehow celebrity bashing really meant something to her. Somehow it was a device for bonding? I don't know, but it made her happy. Therefore, it was important, and I learned not to play devil's advocate for Brittany Spears and the gang. The end.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts