Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been considering lately that the "Ideal" match for an ISTP is to simply stay single.

Despite being attracted to some people, I always consider the future and don't really see anything working with them. (Ti-Ni, probably)

I'm pretty much a loner and while a relationship is a nice thought I'm not even sure I'd really enjoy it. I'd probably date someone if we were mutually interested, though.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Don't give up just yet. I thought much the same at your age (look at me sounding all old and wise, its a complete pretence), and still do to an extent, but there are certain people out there, truly wonderful people, who will just blow all of that away. Don't wait and watch for one, you'll know them when they enter your life, but make sure you are happy with yourself when they arrive. Thats really all I can say.

·
Registered
28 Posts
To have loved and lost, is better not to have loved at all. You may get your heart broken along the way, but you know you'll be fine in the end ;)

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
My ideal romantic partner is no one. Of course, that has nothing to do with my type and everything to do with my aromanticism. If you meet someone you want to pursue a relationship with go for it, but if you wouldn't enjoy romantic relationships it's no big deal. Don't ever push yourself into it because you think it's what you should want.

Reactions: Kabosu

·
Registered
715 Posts
i thought so too. then i realized that having a "relationship" doesn't necessarily mean you have to live in a house with a white picket fence, 1.2 kids and 2.4 cars in 1.4 garages.
if you meet someone you want to share parts of your life with, do and enjoy it. the hard part is finding someone who doesn't silently hope you'll "grow up" and leaves you when their biological clock ticks too loud.

Reactions: elemence and Benja

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
It may or may not happen.
Right now I'm enjoying an "encounter" with an ISFP.
We seem well matched - both have strong Se and we have quite similar taste in the kind of sensory experiences we enjoy.

It's fun now, so I'm letting it run its course.
I try not to think too long term as it's not something I'm particularly good at. So it's just one day at a time.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Just chasing a relationship for the sake of being in a relationship will not yield good results. It will break down eventually so why bother. Not to mention it will become a co-dependent relationship which will cause more harm than good in the long run.

The key to happiness is relying on the one person who will never leave you and make that person happy. That person is yourself. Learn how to be a happy, content and healthy person and see where you get from there. If someone comes along that helps you enhance your life, then give it a go. You would never find that person while actively searching anyway.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I'm also pretty much up for being single. I do try to date from time to time (even yesterday), but I discover every time that people are just not interesting to me. Others tend to get attracted to my energy, good spirit etc., but I can never feel this way about anyone. I might think they're cool, good-looking, they have great interests and we can talk about stuff, but I never feel like I just want to be close to them to enjoy their awesomeness. The closest to this was when one girl did really well in getting to and accepting my secrets, but even then I didn't really want to be in a relationship, just talk more often. I'm also a kind of aromantic.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I like casual dating but I can`t imagine myself in a life-time ralationship bcs I get bored easily. I don`t mean I cheat but I`m more likely to walk away. Good-looking people attract me very often however I fall in love late. I dislike sparing a lot of time on dates & long silly conversations. Some people enjoy it, I don`t. Is anyone perfect for me? I debt.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
The key to happiness is relying on the one person who will never leave you and make that person happy. That person is yourself. Learn how to be a happy, content and healthy person and see where you get from there.
Where you get from there is bored. You can only enjoy your own company for so long before chronic isolation sets in, and that gets harder to fix as time goes by. No matter how happy, content and healthy you think you are.

There are no keys to happiness. No matter which path you choose, you'll hit the flip side sooner or later.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I've been considering lately that the "Ideal" match for an ISTP is to simply stay single.

Despite being attracted to some people, I always consider the future and don't really see anything working with them. (Ti-Ni, probably)

I'm pretty much a loner and while a relationship is a nice thought I'm not even sure I'd really enjoy it. I'd probably date someone if we were mutually interested, though.

Thoughts?
Staying alone will just make you more gloomy and depressed. People need company, family, social interaction. It is much nicer is it to come home and have someone waiting there for you than coming home and feeling alone again.

By MBTI terms the best match for ISTP is the ENFJ because your two types have all functions in common.
ISTP: Ti, Se, Ni, Fe
ENFJ: Fe, Ni, Se, Ti
ENFJs have exactly same functions but in reverse. Your two types are like two sides of the same personality. Another good match is the INFJ. There are more matches listed here: Love Types ISTP

It is a very typical cognitive error for ISTPs, to not see anything working in future and then to completely give up. Don't limit yourself so, sometimes the future is very generous so setting yourself on the worst case scenario you will only lose out.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Where you get from there is bored. You can only enjoy your own company for so long before chronic isolation sets in, and that gets harder to fix as time goes by. No matter how happy, content and healthy you think you are.

There are no keys to happiness. No matter which path you choose, you'll hit the flip side sooner or later.
Incorrect. If you only rely on other people then you will never figure out who you are. If you however learn who you are, what makes you happy, what can you do to rely on yourself to not get as hurt again then you are in a much healthier place where to start any kind of relationship you want. If you start from a place of strength then the relationships you form are much stronger and stabler (not only romantic relationships) but to do that, you need to be at a strong place and know who you are. Hence, learn who you are, what makes you happy and how can you, yourself be a happy and content person inside.

You only get bored and isolated if you want to become completely isolated from the outside world. That is not relevant at all in being at peace with yourself.

·
Registered
148 Posts
That is exactly how I've felt for the last couple years...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts