Personality Cafe banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are the Protectors, but we're also idealists. We have grand visions in our heads that pull us towards the future with the force of all forces. 'A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission.'

So, what is the vision in your head that pulls you through? What are you striving for? What are your grand dreams, your ideals, your desires? What are you here for? What is your love? What makes you excited? What's on your vision board? What's rolling to a boil in your bones?

Try your best to ignore the feeling, if it appears, that makes you not want to share. I don't care how far off the dreams may seem or how impossible others have decreed them.

“Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
Share with us your dreams.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My whole life I've had this dream where I move to a log cabin in the forest somewhere in north america/canada, on a lake, 20-30 mins from a big city, but still so isolated on a big property. I have 10 kids and grow my own veggies and have lots of pets and my husband works in the city so I spend all day being a mother, looking after the house or painting/reading/writing/doing crafts/going for walks with the dogs, picking flowers and mushrooms. In the summer we spend all day on the lake and in the winter we skate on it. My heaven!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I want to be like fairy godmother to the world, when the flick of real, dynamic change switches to GO

Like, people will not know I was there, working in the background for my life, but then when in heaven people will see me and go, yeah I recognise her! she is the one that was there when the switch went GO! and everything changed :)

I am studying Diplomacy now. I have issues cos I'm on the autism spectrum, and get people offhand quite easily, when I'm talking freely on the issues I am most interested in.

But one day, the context will be right, and the relationships I see and the way that I think, will be genuinely valuable! genuinely valuable, in a way that others can recognise :)

Thanks for asking the question, mate. It's a very sweet thought and set of questions :D :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My whole life I've had this dream where I move to a log cabin in the forest somewhere in north america/canada, on a lake, 20-30 mins from a big city, but still so isolated on a big property. I have 10 kids and grow my own veggies and have lots of pets and my husband works in the city so I spend all day being a mother, looking after the house or painting/reading/writing/doing crafts/going for walks with the dogs, picking flowers and mushrooms. In the summer we spend all day on the lake and in the winter we skate on it. My heaven!
That's wonderful. I just wrote a section of my novel today about the wonder of being in a cabin surrounded by acres of forest in NY... which (in the book) is literally about an hour from NYC. Picking flowers and mushrooms, drawing, painting, reading by the lake... well, you had me at hello.

:)

Reactions: Grace_

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want to be like fairy godmother to the world, when the flick of real, dynamic change switches to GO

Like, people will not know I was there, working in the background for my life, but then when in heaven people will see me and go, yeah I recognise her! she is the one that was there when the switch went GO! and everything changed :)

I am studying Diplomacy now. I have issues cos I'm on the autism spectrum, and get people offhand quite easily, when I'm talking freely on the issues I am most interested in.

But one day, the context will be right, and the relationships I see and the way that I think, will be genuinely valuable! genuinely valuable, in a way that others can recognise :)

Thanks for asking the question, mate. It's a very sweet thought and set of questions :D :)
I love this. It reminds me of TUT. Have you ever heard of it? I get notes from the Universe everyday. :) I'm an atheist, but quite spiritual in nature and I absolutely love them.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@maker_of_helmets It's short for 'The Universe Talks' at tut.com. It's wonderful... they send you a note every weekday and sometimes it includes personal things. For instance, today I received:

The secret to getting rich, Stephanie, is knowing that you already are and acting like it. Do tell me, who manages your assets? And those gems! Are they real??
See you in Cannes, The Universe.

That's a short one but sometimes they floor me and I save them.
It's wonderfully, really. Gives me a really positive mindset for the day. :)

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
So, what is the vision in your head that pulls you through? What are you striving for? What are your grand dreams, your ideals, your desires? What are you here for? What is your love? What makes you excited? What's on your vision board? What's rolling to a boil in your bones?

i It's hard to explain. Since I was a little boy, I have wanted to help people, but not in the traditional sense of helping for social economic reasons, or any of that sort of thing, but to truly help others, internally, so that they can begin to strive for something higher than the previous day that passed. This yearning was invoked, by my mother, who instilled in me, the power of consciousness, when as a kid dealing with sickness, she told me, whatever you think in your heart, you will become. At the time I was telling her how sick I was and how I dont like this. She said that then told me to repeat over and over again in the mirror, that I feel great and really mean it. So I did it, and whatever I was experiencing, simply fall away. And I found that remarkable, and I began to see and feel, to what degree we create our own suffering. From there on, I observed, through my own reflection, the world, and people, their functions, and the oddities of human life. I wondered, what is the significance of this life? Why does it seem to pointless and vague? There must be something more, we are supposed to become more than this life presents to us, but how to find it, how to bring it into life?

These questions lead me in different directions, And I came to understood that my purpose on this beautiful blue earth, is to set the task to assist others in their rapid self development, towards the aim, that they discover what is genuine in them, that became loss when we, for good and important reasons, became assimilated, and identified with life. So all that I do, I feel, is a work towards this aim for me. I want true altruism and I want to give my life to this, how to assist others, to know thy self, deeply and honestly, and further, how to become open to this self, which we simply do not know. For me, all the worlds problems, stems down to an immense lack of self knowledge, and if a person truly knew themselves, on many levels, they struggle with their tendencies and natures, and most importantly, they would know how they connect and relate to others, a part from their identifications, their subjectivity. So I do art, I write, and it is all about this.

Hopefully in the future, I will have made something of myself enough to be able to transmit practices and methods, and speak to others, on how to really develop themselves - in a very real way. I also what to create art, that is objective, that can bring about conscious states in people, when they look, I want it to connect people, affect them all the same, to transmit an experience. But of course, I dont know how much of any of this is even possible, it depends so much on what I can first develop in myself, to even be able to do any of it. But I wish for it, I wish to have the being to actually love that way, and give of my whole self to others, help them to grow. This isnt about self help stuff, but real inner change. Cant change the world, but those of us who have the capacity to be a change, I feel should do so, because the world needs it. here a little and there a little,, we can have an impact. I truly believe this and even if it is impossible, I will reach for it, because I really have no choice, it's just how my mind is wired.

·
Registered
547 Posts

For as long as I can remember, I have felt a calling to do great things, like I was destined to be something more, something powerful and life-changing. I have struggled to define exactly what this involves or how it will come about. My vision is very much tied up in personal symbols and meanings, but I have this idea that if people could perceive the beauty and meaning behind the apparent confusion and chaos in the world, that they would realise the inherent goodness they possess. I guess that I have kind of put this on the back-burner in recent years due to being concentrated on work. I actually think that I need to reengage my 'bigger picture' ideals in order to feel more fulfilled in life, as at the moment I am feeling quite nihilistic and detached.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
We are the Protectors, but we're also idealists. We have grand visions in our heads that pull us towards the future with the force of all forces. 'A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission.'

Try your best to ignore the feeling, if it appears, that makes you not want to share. I don't care how far off the dreams may seem or how impossible others have decreed them.

“Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
Share with us your dreams.
Okay how do I start this lol hmmmmm

Well my vision can be kind of layered and complex and at the same time I dont truly know what I specifically want, and not to mention it has been changing these past years as I have been growing and learning things but there is a core that has always been with me through out. Basically from the core I see life as just pure beautiful art, I have this insatiable desire to put my heart and soul so completely into something and embody it into the world into the most beautiful thing imaginable. Truly I really want people to see the beauty of everything like really everything completely. My only problem is that I dont know what im heading towards yet lol I still haven't found that outlet but its okay, im still young and still learning, for now I am just expressing that passion into as many things as I can but when that one thing comes I will be ready to jump in.

I kind of like referring back to this superman teaser trailer because sometimes I kind of can't find myself and watching it brings out that core desire in me that helps me find myself again, but yeah it also gets you the idea of where I am going with what I was describing

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I've signed up to TUT too. :proud:

My dream for this planet is that it will become a place where people respect the lives of others, whether they are human or animal. I'd like to include insects and trees too, but I'm not going to push it. I don't think it's possible for everyone to think that way about others, but if it could become an expected norm that would be good. And while you may think it is a norm, it isn't really when many people ignore what companies and researchers do to animals.

My dream for myself is... a nice dream. But I want to keep it to myself. :happy:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I want to help all of the homeless people I see wondering around in my city. I don't mean on the level of giving them money or food. I want to get to the root of issue for those who "WANT" help. Whether it be economics or mental health. I want to build the infrastructure to provide the jobs to help them get on their feet, the healthcare system so they're functional. If I have to use lobbyists to achieve those ideals, then I'll do it. I don't want fame or my name written on a school, but would like to be acknowledged even if it comes in the form of someone coming up to me randomly saying thank you. That's the end-game dream.

Something more tangible... I want to fix all of the things that are wrong with online dating for those are are sincere about meeting their soul-mate. I can do it, and I will. It's in my ideas notebook :)

I'm here to help people help themselves.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I dream of a world without bureaucracy. People should be treated as grown-up people, not as toddlers. The day the term 'manager' is erased from the books, I will be one happy man.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
To be honest, I have never really known what I wanted to do. Throughout my life I have tended to be extremely future-oriented, to have vague notions of what I might like to do, but to likewise never follow through. Consequently, it has been a rather meandering road, filled with what must seem to outsiders like the random, inconsistent ramblings of a mad man (a relatively calm mad man, but a mad man nonetheless). I have worked random jobs in order to live and be able to travel. I have been a peripheral member of the Rainbow Family of Living and later a member of the U.S. armed forces (the Air Force, working as a translator). Most recently I have been living in Nepal studying Buddhism and Himalayan languages (Tibetan for now).

I have spent a large portion of my life depressed, and allowed myself to grow apathetic and lost due to certain choices, to not getting what I think I want, etc. I have always entertained vague notions of helping others in some manner, but ultimately settled on a more passive role, i.e. doing the least harm possible, withe the knowledge that I will fall far short of my goal, but will continue to "be the change" as it were. This manifested in my becoming vegan, for example.

I recently had an experience that has changed that. It really brought out the protector and nurturer in me. I am still not certain what I intend to do, but I have discovered the joy of actively helping others, of being engaged, through being forced to do so by circumstances. Otherwise I would still be sitting in the same cafe each evening drinking beer and feeling sorry for my sorry self. As I said earlier, I am not sure how this will ultimately manifest, but I am considering a few possibilities. I have a newfound confidence and desire to help. At the very least I wish to live in harmony, gently, and to relieve suffering when I can; to be as strong as I can, but in a gentle way (but forceful if needs be, in order to protect others). I am an atheist, and do not think life has any true meaning, but I do know that this felt good, and that I had as soon spend my life doing something along these lines, whether it ultimately matters or not. There are certainly worse ways to spend the short amount of time my "self" will exist.

I have dated throughout my life, off and on, and, though it is not a priority and I am fine alone (at least now I am), I would likewise not mind meeting someone at some point. But again, this is not a priority, just a gentle, romantic notion simmering in the background. I am open to it, let's say. There is someone, maybe, but we are barely acquaintances thus far...but, who knows what the future holds...still feeling it out.....:blushed:

okay...enuff about me....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts