Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your Type Nine EnneaThoughtsm for October 9th—
Nines have so completely identified with an idealized vision of reality that they lack a sufficient sense of themselves to deal effectively with life. They don't allow anything negative to touch them deeply. Notice this tendency in yourself today. (The Power of the Enneagram audio tapes)
My idealized version of reality is that all people are accepting and give unconditional love. I live day to day with the belief that if I need anything, then I can ask someone and they'll help me. This belief stems from the fact that I don't really have a life. I do not consciously think of my goals, my desires, my responsibilities; I don't do much thinking at all, so I assume that other people are as lazy as I am. Coming to this realization scares me because it means that not only have I not been engaging reality for the past 10 years of my life, but also the fact that other people have. I'm at a disadvantage. I'm different.I formed unrewarding habits. I made a mistake.

My question for you is what is your idealized vision of reality?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Mine is more of an augmented reality; There are things in this world that float around and pass me by that do not actually exist. And places to go... *sigh*

You mention people as well. My soulmate is there too. She is always there when I'm in the mood and affectionate too :crying:

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Well what you said hit a string with me.
I do not consciously think of my goals, my desires, my responsibilities; I don't do much thinking at all, so I assume that other people are as lazy as I am. Coming to this realization scares me because it means that not only have I not been engaging reality for the past 10 years of my life, but also the fact that other people have. I'm at a disadvantage. I'm different.I formed unrewarding habits. I made a mistake.
:sad:
Now I set goals for myself and think of my responsibilities on a daily basis. (Daily magic with Anthony Robbins, whom I guess is a 3 which would be in line with our integration!) It feels great.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
What makes me question myself as a 9 is that I always think about goals, but only hope to get there someday. Action is difficult.

As a result, when I say I want to do something. I'm asked my people such as my parents "Well have you done X before? You need to have done X and then Y and Z before getting to that something."

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
My idealized reality would be egalitarian, Epicurean-artisan-intellectual utopia, but I am fully aware life isn't actually anything like that... far too damn aware. Although, my university is a little bit like that.

Reactions: Quin Sabe
1 - 6 of 6 Posts