Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wondering a lot about similarities and differences between types. I'm and ESFP and I'm very similar to my dad who is ESTP, but I feel like I have the most in common with INFPs that I meet. Do you guys feel like you identify with other types without necessarily being that type?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Maybe. I can relate to ENTPs when they're not busy theorizing

Reactions: sinaasappel

·
Registered
27 Posts
INFPs understand me best. They're awesome. My cousin who I grew up with like a sister is ESTP and she and I are extremely similar other than the fact that she is more insensitive than I am, but I really, really dislike insensitivity so I definitely relate a lot more with INFPs. My best friend is an INFP and she and I just...connect. She knows exactly what I am going to say before I say it and she knows how to comfort me when the time comes to rant to her. We just get each other.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
First of all, nobody is 100% of any type :wink: I'm an INTP who's closer to INFP, some INTPs are closer to ENTP, some to ISTP, and some to INTJ. Likewise, some ESTJs are closer to ISTJ, some to ENTJ, some to ESFJ, some to ESTP...

Second of all, the whole point of typing personalities in the first place is so that people can understand other people who have personalities different from their own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts