Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke up with my boyfriend yesterday who is an intj, but I can't help but regret it immensely. I just want to run back to him and tell him I take back what I said, but I know that won't fix the things that were wrong in our relationship. He just never understood how some of his actions would hurt or anger me. I really never thought I'd feel so depressed, but I guess that comes with attachment. I got asked on a date by a guy I recently met but I really don't feel like going though my friends say it'll help me feel better. I just want to crawl in my bed and sleep. How do you cope with this type of event? This was my longest relationship.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I think if you're still thinking about your boyfriend, don't date anybody yet. You still need some time to recover and think about what happened. When you're ready, meet up with him again to resolve the situation in a calm demeanor.

The important part is give your recent breakup some time to recover.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
It's a common sentiment. Eventually, you'll be over him and on to the next guy, and when you break up with him, you'll feel the exact same way. You're not alone. :happy:

·
Banned
5 Posts
I just posted this quote in another forum that discussed attachment issues:

"There is a difference between feeling gratitude and appreciation for something, and feeling attachment to something. Appreciation and gratitude are states of pure love, while attachment contains fear - fear of losing or not having what you are attached to. When it comes to something you want in your life, appreciation and gratitude attracts, and attachment pushes away. If you are feeling afraid that you will not get what you want, or losing what you have, then you have attachment.

To remove the attachment, keep shifting yourself into a state of appreciation and gratitude, until you can feel that the fear has gone."

right now you could look at all the positive things from it and be thankful for what happened because you learned from it and you can decide what is best for you to move forward. :happy:

best.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I just posted this quote in another forum that discussed attachment issues:

"There is a difference between feeling gratitude and appreciation for something, and feeling attachment to something. Appreciation and gratitude are states of pure love, while attachment contains fear - fear of losing or not having what you are attached to. When it comes to something you want in your life, appreciation and gratitude attracts, and attachment pushes away. If you are feeling afraid that you will not get what you want, or losing what you have, then you have attachment.

To remove the attachment, keep shifting yourself into a state of appreciation and gratitude, until you can feel that the fear has gone."

right now you could look at all the positive things from it and be thankful for what happened because you learned from it and you can decide what is best for you to move forward. :happy:

best.
Very interesting way to look at attachment. I've always been able to cope with loss of someone by removing attachment that way, but I've never seen it put into words. This actually makes loads of sence. I like it. Thank you. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts