Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you do?

"_____" being (human, animal, alien)

Would you raise the baby ______ as one of your own?

Would you bring the baby ______ to:

- the police? local church? hospital? (if human)
- SPCA? animal shelter? local vet? (if animal)
- local news headquarters? local army/air force/naval/national guard/coast guard base? area 51?

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just witnessed an edible arrangement in the form of a basket with fruits assembling the face of a sleeping baby with tucked in blanket and uncanny details ... to a co-worker who is about to go on maternity leave.

Thing is, I just arrived to my cubicle with a basket on my desk because she had set it down so she can have a free hand to go back to her office to get something.

But before she came back, I looked at the basket as I was settling in... in my mind, I was going "WTF.... is this.... doing on my desk.... ?"

I suppose I should have taken a picture before she took it away...

Regardless, it got me thinking... in quite a many developing countries... 2nd and 3rd worlds... people still drop off babies they cannot take care of to churches and places. Hence this post.

But yes. Bored. Your first assessment was correct. Hence this random topic.

·
Maid of Time
549 sx/sp
14,749 Posts
I just witnessed an edible arrangement in the form of a basket with fruits assembling the face of a sleeping baby with tucked in blanket and uncanny details ... to a co-worker who is about to go on maternity leave.
I don't know if I could actually eat a baby, even if he was a real fruit. :unsure:

·
Registered
196 Posts
I would look at the baby, go "awwwwww cute baby!" (regardless of whether it was cute or not) and then *keep walking*

Unless it was a puppy, I have a soft spot for K9s

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'd just take it to a local adoption.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I already have two cats, so if it were an animal, I'd take it to an animal shelter. If it were an alien, I'd give it away for research. If it were a human, I'd take it to an orphanage. I wouldn't be able to adopt a human baby; I'm just a high school senior. I'd have to wait for years, when I get a job, a good education, a house, etc.

·
Registered
9w1 sp
2,907 Posts
I'd probably be like, "Oh my God, I don't feel like this shit," and put it on the neighbor's doorstep or backyard so it could be their problem.

Eh, but in actuality I'd just take it inside and call the police, yadda.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
If it was an alien I'd sell it, unless it was a cute alien. Then I'd keep it and try to communicate with it. If it was a stupid alien I'd give it to a paranormal research society after running exhibits for the world to bear testimony to what it was. I'd try to take it to France (private jet?) where they believe in aliens, not keep it in the US where they are still trying to pretend they don't exist.

If it was a baby I'd take care of it until my 911 call was actualized. On second thought, what if the baby was injured? I might get the blame. I'd not touch it and call 911.

If it was a puppy I'd try to sell it, if not, place it in adoption. A cat would be much more difficult to part with, however having experienced this already, it didn't end well then, so I'd also put it up for adoption.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.