Personality Cafe banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
My background is in supply chain and logistics, and my most recent stint has been in the grocery sector.

With the recent pandemic scare, the increased demand has required me to ramp up to working 80+ hours a week.

I was tired and frazzled when I made that post. It was a really dumb thing to say, and I didn't mean it.

My apologies.

(Offers latex-gloved handshake.)
That's alright I wasn't disturbed by it just fascinated.

depositphotos_204150764-stock-photo-cleaning-job-done-handshake-colorful.jpg

I hope the work's not wearing you out too much...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
We all get what we deserve. We all get what we are owed. Anything else is fantasy. There's always a reason for everything. Being ignorant to that reason does not mean there is no reason.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,408 Posts
It's weird - I already think, for the most part, we get what we "deserve". It's hard to define what is "deserved", you know?
Deserved seems like passive, given or imposed by external factors.

Deserve is what "we" get. I agree. There's nothing happen to me in this life that is not because of me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
We all get what we deserve. We all get what we are owed. Anything else is fantasy. There's always a reason for everything. Being ignorant to that reason does not mean there is no reason.
To put it bluntly, bullshit. Joseph Stalin died of natural causes, Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated. Kids don't deserve to be raised in abusive households, get cancer, or be traded as sex slaves. Movie stars don't deserve to be treated as veritable gods/goddesses and conservatives don't deserve to be hounded for their political views. 99% of what happens to us is chance and about 1% is attributable to our own efforts and/or rewards. 99% of how your life is going to go is determined by what parents you were born to, what country you were born in, what religion you were raised in, what color your skin is, and what your genetic gifts and handicaps are, none of which are under your control. One of the reasons we find Cinderella stories so compelling is because they are rare, very few people actually manage to rise above the circumstances of their birth to make something of their lives. If those stories were common, we wouldn't find them so interesting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,203 Posts
To put it bluntly, bullshit. Joseph Stalin died of natural causes, Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated. Kids don't deserve to be raised in abusive households, get cancer, or be traded as sex slaves. Movie stars don't deserve to be treated as veritable gods/goddesses and conservatives don't deserve to be hounded for their political views. 99% of what happens to us is chance and about 1% is attributable to our own efforts and/or rewards. 99% of how your life is going to go is determined by what parents you were born to, what country you were born in, what religion you were raised in, what color your skin is, and what your genetic gifts and handicaps are, none of which are under your control. One of the reasons we find Cinderella stories so compelling is because they are rare, very few people actually manage to rise above the circumstances of their birth to make something of their lives. If those stories were common, we wouldn't find them so interesting.
Well, that's one way of defining "deserve."
 
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Top