• No

Votes: 115 79.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I told you there was a way to for you to be happier, confident, more attractive to others and that your presence would command respect. That you could be free of guilt, cleared from shame, and that all the pain you have suffered, or would have suffered, would never exist? That you could finally walk down a street with your head held high, people would notice you, and you would love their attention. What would you say?

No more tears, unless you want them. No more sleepless nights, unless you choose it. You will be free of stress, and you are still capable of love. You can act in any way you choose and you will love who you are. Your insecurities would fade, you can wear whatever you want, and you could be as sexual, or as reserved as you wish.

Your beliefs? They will remain, at least the ones you intend to keep with your new found awareness.

What's the catch? You would have to let your darkness takeover. You would have to possess yourself with a darker form of yourself. That little demon we all have, but often subdue. The one that we sometimes give into and enjoy, until our superficial morals make us feel guilty after, but that wouldn't be a problem anymore. It will not necessarily make you hateful, but you will no longer feel remorse or empathy. When a relationship ends, you will not feel bad. When a family member dies, you won't be bothered. When you lose a pet, your heart will not sink. You will be in a perpetual state of clarity, focus, and mastery over everything around you. You will be emotionally happy and stable.

Would you let yourself be possessed? Please vote on the poll. If you wish, explain your reasoning why.

Try not to read any other responses before you think up your own stance. If you want to be anonymous, just vote :).

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hiding whatever the next post would have been. Try not to read other responses!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ _-_:_-_ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
(*******) ^^ ^^
^^ ^^ @) @ @ (@ ^ ^ ^ ^^
^^ @( - )@
^ ^ [email protected]:-:-:[email protected]_ ^^ ^^ ^^
^^ ^^ ( @/^ : ^\@ ) ^^
| &( : )& | ^^
^ ^ { &_\ : /_& } ^ ^ ^^
\__.}%{.__/
^^ ^ /^ : ^\ ^^
(&*&*&*&*&) ^^ ^^
^^ {#%#%#%#%#%#}
#%#%#%#%#%#%#
%#%#%#%#%#%#%
#%#%#%#%#%#%#
%#%#%#%#%#%#%
@ #%#%#%#%#%#%#
\|/ * %#%#%#%#%#%#% @
* \|/ ||||||||||||| \|/
@ *\|/ -_-*-{&&}{&&}-_-_-* & @
\|/ \|/ @ \|/ @ % #\|/ \|/
\|/ \|/ \|/ \|/

Reactions: Evgenia

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope Robert Hare hasn't offered you a "special" surgery out of spite. Don't do it.
It's all in good fun. I'm always curious what people will pick on moral conflicts, it makes things interesting :D

And damn Hare! My arch enemy.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Considering I've been on this side of things, living in shadow, in the real..The pain I endured from the past, it's so much worth the risk for everything, everything to be as it should be. I've been unfeeling for years. And for years that guilt has been there. It broke free of reigns when friends showed intense emotion, and all I could do is stand by and watch in the moment. It showed me that I am still feeling..I am finally submitting to my heart, and not my head. Drills can not break what's already real.

·
Registered
715 Posts
If I told you there was a way to for you to be happier, confident, more attractive to others and that your presence would command respect. That you could be free of guilt, cleared from shame, and that all the pain you have suffered, or would have suffered, would never exist? That you could finally walk down a street with your head held high, people would notice you, and you would love their attention. What would you say?

No more tears, unless you want them. No more sleepless nights, unless you choose it. You will be free of stress, and you are still capable of love. You can act in any way you choose and you will love who you are. Your insecurities would fade, you can wear whatever you want, and you could be as sexual, or as reserved as you wish.

Your beliefs? They will remain, at least the ones you intend to keep with your new found awareness.

What's the catch? You would have to let your darkness takeover. You would have to possess yourself with a darker form of yourself. That little demon we all have, but often subdue. The one that we sometimes give into and enjoy, until our superficial morals make us feel guilty after, but that wouldn't be a problem anymore. It will not necessarily make you hateful, but you will no longer feel remorse or empathy. When a relationship ends, you will not feel bad. When a family member dies, you won't be bothered. When you lose a pet, your heart will not sink. You will be in a perpetual state of clarity, focus, and mastery over everything around you. You will be emotionally happy and stable.

Would you let yourself be possessed? Please vote on the poll. If you wish, explain your reasoning why.

Try not to read any other responses before you think up your own stance. If you want to be anonymous, just vote :).
I'm not gonna lie, Lad. You kinda enthrall me sometimes. But you kinda scare me too.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not gonna lie, Lad. You kinda enthrall me sometimes. But you kinda scare me too.
I know B, that's just life.

After reading the confession thread my heart went out to a number of people. Quite a few people identified with me in private and admitted some thoughts they were guilty of as well. This resonated a bit to me, but I'd never "out" them.

As someone who intends to do a lot of social work for people that experience a number of challenges that INFPs face, I'm really fascinated with the community and learning as much about it as possible. My only hope in it, is that while I'm learning about people, and even myself, I can nudge people to question their own views.

So, from now on. I'm going to aim all my threads towards an emotional appeal. If people think it's freaky deeky, that's fine :D. I have a goal and I'm sticking to it.

I know, I was just kidding , other than the still capable of love part, your description actually comes extremely close to one of psychopathy.
Ya, I was slightly aiming it that way, but not fully. A lot of the things are just generally attractive as well to most people. Hell, I'd be tempted to vote yes, and maybe on a certain day of the week I probably would.

In all truth, I don't think any less of someone for whatever choice they make on this poll. I think some people have just experienced so much that it's hard to really be critical of them.

Oh, and generally psychopathy is a major interest of mine so I may make a lot of references to it. Mainly because I want to see if you can manipulate a manipulator. It's a long term study to see if you can use one almost as a tool (sounds bad, I know), to help fight crime.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I know B, that's just life.

After reading the confession thread my heart went out to a number of people. Quite a few people identified with me in private and admitted some thoughts they were guilty of as well. This resonated a bit to me, but I'd never "out" them.

As someone who intends to do a lot of social work for people that experience a number of challenges that INFPs face, I'm really fascinated with the community and learning as much about it as possible. My only hope in it, is that while I'm learning about people, and even myself, I can nudge people to question their own views.

So, from now on. I'm going to aim all my threads towards an emotional appeal. If people think it's freaky deeky, that's fine :D. I have a goal and I'm sticking to it.
I KNEW there was a good guy under there!

Yeah, you have unconventional methods all right, but I guess if you're working towards the greater good, who is anyone to stop you?

Emotions are good. :D

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
oh fek, I set myself apart from the rest of the voters.

Reactions: Evgenia and Lad

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh fek, I set myself apart from the rest of the voters.
As I said earlier, it totally has its appeal. I'd vote for it myself depending on my mood and I wouldn't feel bad about it.

Any particular reason why it caught your eye?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I guess without getting too soppy or boring I want to be happy.

Without insecurities I think I'd be a much stronger person.

As it is I already have pills that kind of reduce my higher level thinking ability and cut out the dismal lows. That's a trade off too.

Reactions: Goosefish and Lad

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess without getting too soppy or boring I want to be happy.

Without insecurities I think I'd be a much stronger person.

As it is I already have pills that kind of reduce my higher level thinking ability and cut out the dismal lows. That's a trade off too.
I don't think I'll ever fully comprehend how people must feel taking pills.

I want you to know I have a lot of respect for you, you're a warrior.

I voted for 'yes' without thinking too much.

I'm just tired of always giving the best of myself and have people stepping on me again and again. I want peace.

That's cool man, we live in a place where it seems like nothing is ever good enough. I know in one sense it's intended to push people harder, but at what stakes?

I've always been curious about collectivist cultures and how differently they treat people. Sure the pressure is here, but so is the support system. Thanks for reminding me about that, I'm going to look into it a bit further.

Reactions: Rogue Eagle

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Let's put it this way: I would not give over to any such thing voluntarily. Unfortunately I am a righteous and stubborn sunuvabitch. But if it just happened to me, I would enjoy every minute of it.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Let's put it this way: I would not give over to any such thing voluntarily. Unfortunately I am a righteous and stubborn sunuvabitch. But if it just happened to me, I would enjoy every minute of it.
I thoroughly enjoy your personality, haha.

You're probably the only person on here I can randomly call an asshole for no reason whatsoever, and get away with it.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I thoroughly enjoy your personality, haha.

You're probably the only person on here I can randomly call an asshole for no reason whatsoever, and get away with it.
That's Sir Asshole of the Knights of the Round Table to you, buddy! /feigned indignation

1 - 20 of 91 Posts