Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

Tried to come up with a creative title.......As you can see I desperately failed. Nah, I'm kidding, all I do is win, fo's. you get it? I was- quoting the song?... No? Alright, it's time for what you came here for...unless the view count and response for this is zero or below like my bank account in which case this whole thread becomes redundant.

Anyway, here's to PerC::

-> I spend a lot of my time thinking about things. I question a lot, try to think of funny scenarios, creative ways of saying things, be about why things happen, what ifs and the like. Thinking is the only real hobby I can think of that I do actively.

->don't really enjoy much. However, I do bask in the novelty of the never tried. I do enjoy challenges too. But mostly of the mental category. I tend to feel like the whole "practice makes perfect" of literally every activity- gaming, reading, guitar, whatmaybe- is a responsibility and a chore rather than something fun.

-> I learn predominantly by discussing things with others and seek to learn through that way. For that reason, my questioning of things some people can take as me taking an opposing side of an argument whereas I just see it as exploring perspectives, pros and cons, etc. But, I'll admit, I do enjoy challenging people

-> I find it excruciatingly hard to help emotionally console others. I would if I could! It's just I find it so difficult to know the right things to say and it makes me anxious. Although I think there's nothing worse than not being able to help others, I hate being put into those situations where I have to because I feel like it's a huge responsibility. I think it's also because a lot of the dark parts to life that people see and think when they're depressed I can also understand and therefore can't disagree with.

-> I generally see life as a joke and don't tend to take things too seriously. For some reason I see more negative than positive yet manage to maintain a positive and ignorant outlook. Although I'm cynical I'm also quite optimistic. I see life as unpredictable and anything could happen and I think this is why I also don't let things bother me.

-> I find it hard to make friends and do the whole approach thing. However, if asked to speak in front of a group of people, I don't feel at all anxious but it's just not in me to initiate. I find it harder to speak in front of smaller groups (4 ppl) than larger (8ppl). The only thing that's really interested me consistently throughout my life is people. Their relationships and characters and the dynamics around those things. Although I can be enthusiastic at the opportunity to meet new people, this is strongly decreased if I find out they're not into the same things I am and question the same things, or don't think in the same way.

-> I'm not very objective. I have an idealised way of seeing opportunities that arise. For example, I'll want to work at a bookstore because I see it as something quaint but wouldn't want to work at a shoe store because theres no story of interest that could possibly be formed by working there. Also, in work or study scenarios, I will feel disappointed and demotivated having to go to these things if I have no friends there.

-> I have had to compromise a lot in terms of how I interact with people. I have been told a lot of what I say isn't "correct" and it can get me into trouble. When I tell people what I've said as to wage whether or not I'm in the right or wrong of a situation, it's usually replied back with "ooh, I wouldn't have said that" and I hate it because I couldn't care enough yet feel an obligation to listen. It especially makes me anxious when this happens in work settings or with authority.

-> I think in terms of what makes sense to me and this isn't necessarily factual. I can feel things which happen in that moment as being wrong or mean or what it may be without necessarily knowingly why or having reason behind it. I think about these things after I've felt it. I'm one of those people where they get insulted and they're stuck decided whether or not it was a joke or still a thing of disrespect.

-> I have a hard time with subjective and moral siding and knowing these things. Although people say there is no such thing as right or wrong, there is a majority and outside of the majority and the outside of majority usually looking like the cruel. I usually don't see answers to these things for myself but when I hear other people's perspectives than I might be able to judge where I stand.

-> I can get easily frustrated when made to do things I don't feel like doing. Even if it is for another person, I tend to show bits of irritation. By accident. I kind of bag my own time.

-> I enjoy stupid things and the non sensical. I do in fact value compassion over logic and so my decisions tend to follow this kind of pattern

-> I find it easy to disregard the rules and find it annoying when people let these regulations rule them. I don't enjoy close minded people, ignorant people, instructive people or people think their progeny are also prodigies, loud people, people who think extroversion is a strength (guess that classifies as ignorant).

-> don't like to go out to have fun. I prefer to stay indoors but with company or just text people. With going out there is too much effort.

That's all I can think of for now. Sorry it's long, guess I didn't keep my promise. Please ask questions if you need. I will answer. Please help with enneagram too if you know it.

Thanks to responses!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Tried to come up with a creative title.......As you can see I desperately failed. Nah, I'm kidding, all I do is win, fo's. you get it? I was- quoting the song?... No?
I learn predominantly by discussing things with others and seek to learn through that way.
I question a lot, try to think of funny scenarios, creative ways of saying things, be about why things happen, what ifs and the like.
Ne - saw alot of Ne in general in your post but those were the obvious ones.

However, I do bask in the novelty of the never tried. I do enjoy challenges too. But mostly of the mental category. I tend to feel like the whole "practice makes perfect" of literally every activity- gaming, reading, guitar, whatmaybe- is a responsibility and a chore rather than something fun.
P - there were many other examples of P... You're definitely a P.

You made quite a few introverted type statements as well which tells me that your Ne is probably aux. So, INTP or INFP. I'm split between the two cause you were showing signs of both.

I'm not very objective. I have an idealised way of seeing opportunities that arise.
Looks like Fi rather than Ti.

Anndd.. I've just run out of time. Your tendency to struggle with what's socially acceptable pointed me to Ti but other statements you made seemed more Fi.. especially the one quoted above. I'm leaning toward INFP... I think.

Reactions: SulfuriaPutrid

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ne - saw alot of Ne in general in your post but those were the obvious ones.

P - there were many other examples of P... You're definitely a P.

You made quite a few introverted type statements as well which tells me that your Ne is probably aux. So, INTP or INFP. I'm split between the two cause you were showing signs of both.

Looks like Fi rather than Ti.

Anndd.. I've just run out of time. Your tendency to struggle with what's socially acceptable pointed me to Ti but other statements you made seemed more Fi.. especially the one quoted above. I'm leaning toward INFP... I think.

Thanks @Hunter1611

You're right on the money. I've been confused as to whether I am INFP, INTP or ENFP so your taking notice of these three options puts my confidence in your infp vote.

·
Registered
344 Posts
You're right on the money. I've been confused as to whether I am INFP, INTP or ENFP so your taking notice of these three options puts my confidence in your infp vote.
Great! You'd have to study out Ti/Fe vs Fi/Te to know for sure. As I mentioned, I was uncertain based on what you said but in person, to me, the difference is glaringly obvious.

An Fi dom tends be very much about making sure every action they make is in line with 'who they are.'
Whereas, a Ti dom is in more of a constant... information sorting or analyzing mode, per say. I hear something interesting, and then completely block out everything else while my mind runs that one new piece of information, comparing it against everything I already know to determine if it makes sense and is therefore valid. Which means I randomly cock my head to the side, narrow my eyes, and accidentally glare at whoever happens to be in front of my while I think out this new piece of information. XD
An Fi is more about comparing something against their values.
An Fi has inferior Te. Te likes well established facts, statistics, and the like. Inferior Te tends to show up (from what I've seen) as a desired to be more organized than one is.. (Since Fi doms have low use of Te). My INFP sister who's now in her late 20s was chaos as a teenager but now considers organization to be a hobby. Te is general likes to extravert order so an inferior Te user will take pride in any good use of it. And in the reverse, they may flip out if something isn't exactly a certain way.. that their Te wanted it to be.
A Ti has inferior Fe which will make them insecure about social standards at times. While ISTPs and INTPs are stereotypically pretty rebellious, whenever inferior Fe gets a foothold, they'll feel insecure about social expectations, if they've accidentally said something wrong or something they've said or done was taken the wrong way... I find that I'm completely find with getting in an argument with my boss, but at times get stressed out over what certain dress codes mean. >.> It's the stupidest thing and my ISTJ husband is looking at me like, "Why are you overthinking this?" But since I have low use of Fe.. and Fe judgest itself based on other's perception of it.. sometimes the small social expectations will cause insecurity. Whereas, I take great pride in my ability to read people which I blame on my inferior Fe.

Reactions: SulfuriaPutrid

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
My best guess is INFP.

Some strikes against INTP are having fun challenging people, disregard for rules and a tendency to skip from interest to interest without delving into the deeper parts of it.
I do see the INxP parts easily, although you show a lot of Te as well. That could be part of a healthy interaction between Fi and Te though, so I'm betting on INFP.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great! You'd have to study out Ti/Fe vs Fi/Te to know for sure. As I mentioned, I was uncertain based on what you said but in person, to me, the difference is glaringly obvious.

An Fi dom tends be very much about making sure every action they make is in line with 'who they are.'
Whereas, a Ti dom is in more of a constant... information sorting or analyzing mode, per say. I hear something interesting, and then completely block out everything else while my mind runs that one new piece of information, comparing it against everything I already know to determine if it makes sense and is therefore valid. Which means I randomly cock my head to the side, narrow my eyes, and accidentally glare at whoever happens to be in front of my while I think out this new piece of information. XD
An Fi is more about comparing something against their values.
An Fi has inferior Te. Te likes well established facts, statistics, and the like. Inferior Te tends to show up (from what I've seen) as a desired to be more organized than one is.. (Since Fi doms have low use of Te). My INFP sister who's now in her late 20s was chaos as a teenager but now considers organization to be a hobby. Te is general likes to extravert order so an inferior Te user will take pride in any good use of it. And in the reverse, they may flip out if something isn't exactly a certain way.. that their Te wanted it to be.
A Ti has inferior Fe which will make them insecure about social standards at times. While ISTPs and INTPs are stereotypically pretty rebellious, whenever inferior Fe gets a foothold, they'll feel insecure about social expectations, if they've accidentally said something wrong or something they've said or done was taken the wrong way... I find that I'm completely find with getting in an argument with my boss, but at times get stressed out over what certain dress codes mean. >.> It's the stupidest thing and my ISTJ husband is looking at me like, "Why are you overthinking this?" But since I have low use of Fe.. and Fe judgest itself based on other's perception of it.. sometimes the small social expectations will cause insecurity. Whereas, I take great pride in my ability to read people which I blame on my inferior Fe.
Wow good description!

If I had to go from your description, I definitely relate more to INTP. I didn't really understand what inferior Te or Fe exactly was and whilst I relate to Fi, I don't relate to the Te compliment. Whereas I do relate to both parts of INTP

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wow good description!

If I had to go from your description, I definitely relate more to INTP. I didn't really understand what inferior Te or Fe exactly was and whilst I relate to Fi, I don't relate to the Te compliment. Whereas I do relate to both parts of INTP
lol. I'm just hoping it was accurate and unbiased.
If you want more detailed information, I've always found the articles on this site to be interesting:

How Functions Work: Inferior Te (ISFP/INFP) - Type Theory
How Functions Work: Inferior Fe (ISTP/INTP) - Type Theory
How Functions Work: Inferior Si (ENTP/ENFP) - Type Theory

It is technically possible that you are an Ne dom since I see Ne all throughout your posts, which is why I included the inferior Si article above. Not all "extroverts" are incredibly extroverted with people. They just happen to be leading with an extroverted function. It doesn't always mean they're focusing it primarily on people. My ENTP father didn't initially strike me as an extrovert, but he's definitely an Ne dom. Although, I would imagine a healthy ENFP that is not very people oriented will be harder to find.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts