Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, say that there's a galaxy somewhere where sixteen alien races exist alongside one another. There are wars, alliances, cultures, technologies, space pirates, space mythology, the whole works. You get it. The whole package. What would the INFP species be like? What would they look like, act like, what would their technology, culture, history be like? What's their interstellar role?

You can also do the same thing for any of the other types. How do the INFP aliens get along with them?

Go.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Aren't we already kind of aliens? I still find it hard to believe I'm human sometimes.

There's no way we would survive though... well, with a lot of effort, yes, but we'd have to copy the technology from the NT species and few of us would be interested in actually understanding it. We'd know we have to do it, there is no other way, so we'd work quite hard for INFP (always copying from other species). If we are lucky we can get NT to design some things for us in exchange of pieces of art; be it literature, music or paintings... even if they'd have figured out to download those for free for sure, we'd try to make them feel sorry for us, and make them see our survival depends on them. But they'd figure out the more desperate we are, the better literature and art we produce, so I don't know how would that turn out.

We'd function democratically with cooperation instead of competition, but maybe trying to be 'good' would kill us. We would never exploit the wonderful landscapes and natural paradises of our planet for money even if our survival depended on it, but the ESTJ would be trying hard to make us sell them our natural resources in exchange of a lot of money that would make our lives improve... but we don't really trust them and always believe there has to be an alternative. Overall we are among the richest in soul and mind and the poorest in wealth :/

This is fun! What do you think? I'll write more later, hahaha

·
Registered
882 Posts
Genderless inter-dimensional beings that live in the universal equivalent of Disney Land, where we can remain undisturbed playing on a realm of space-time where imagination alone is all that's required to create. We don't need technologies and we don't need culture.

I guess for fun's sake we should have the option to manifest as angels/demons to interact with the physical world, but ultimately we'd be above such mundane interests, when we could manifest Splash Mountain just by thinking "SPLASH MOUNTAIN!" or whatever else we could ever want/think of.

I, for example, would devote myself to building bubble universes, while maintaining a watchful eye on the other cultures, whose technological and social advancement would probably lead them somewhere stupid, and I get to interfere with my special ed. Te, messing the whole universal system up in a piss poor attempt at benign interstellar Machiavellianism.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess for fun's sake we should have the option to manifest as angels/demons to interact with the physical world, but ultimately we'd be above such mundane interests, when we can manifest Splash Mountain just by thinking "SPLASH MOUNTAIN!" or whatever else we could ever want/think of.
Yes.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Aren't we already kind of aliens? I still find it hard to believe I'm human sometimes.

There's no way we would survive though... well, with a lot of effort, yes, but we'd have to copy the technology from the NT species and few of us would be interested in actually understanding it. We'd know we have to do it, there is no other way, so we'd work quite hard for INFP (always copying from other species). If we are lucky we can get NT to design some things for us in exchange of pieces of art; be it literature, music or paintings... even if they'd have figured out to download those for free for sure, we'd try to make them feel sorry for us, and make them see our survival depends on them. But they'd figure out the more desperate we are, the better literature and art we produce, so I don't know how would that turn out.

We'd function democratically with cooperation instead of competition, but maybe trying to be 'good' would kill us. We would never exploit the wonderful landscapes and natural paradises of our planet for money even if our survival depended on it, but the ESTJ would be trying hard to make us sell them our natural resources in exchange of a lot of money that would make our lives improve... but we don't really trust them and always believe there has to be an alternative. Overall we are among the richest in soul and mind and the poorest in wealth :/

This is fun! What do you think? I'll write more later, hahaha
Liked how you said they'd manipulate the quality of art by how desperate we became. Sounds like we'd have it rough. Might as well slap on the label of chosen people lol.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think we'd all be very...ephemeral as a species. I know that the whole elf/fairy/magical creature thing is a bit of a stereotype, but I've always felt...faded, yet timeless and full of life much like the archetype. My moment in this world is deep yet fleeting, and it is there that I find eternity by not really fitting in. I'm sure most, if not all the INFPs, would agree with me.

So, appearance-wise, the INFP race would come off as delicate and distant and elegant beings, almost beautiful and ageless, but not in a forced way. It's just simply who we are, and others, especially more "established" races like the NTs, would find that a bit intimidating even though we're harmless. Our clothes would be simple flowing things that is unique to the wearer, changing to however he or she is feeling. If an INFP felt regal, it would be a gown fixed with stars. If broken, morning garb swathed in night. So strong are our emotions would be that we'd radiate them in a glow, maybe even levitate when at their strongest. After all, since when have INFPs ever wanted to conform to logic?

Think Galadriel; when she's her normal self, she's warm and approachable, if a little distant. But if she's angered, she goes all one-winged angel like when Frodo offered her the ring. That would be our defense. Although we'd normally appear childlike or peaceful, there's something strong deep inside that shouldn't be let out.

As for our government, I honestly don't think we'd really have one. We'd all be doing our own thing with those we're closest with, and should a conflict arise, we'd just try to cooperate and see what works best for anyone. Since we don't like foisting our problems on others, issues and conflicts would be contained.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I think we'd all be very...ephemeral as a species. I know that the whole elf/fairy/magical creature thing is a bit of a stereotype, but I've always felt...faded, yet timeless and full of life much like the archetype. My moment in this world is deep yet fleeting, and it is there that I find eternity by not really fitting in. I'm sure most, if not all the INFPs, would agree with me.

So, appearance-wise, the INFP race would come off as delicate and distant and elegant beings, almost beautiful and ageless, but not in a forced way. It's just simply who we are, and others, especially more "established" races like the NTs, would find that a bit intimidating even though we're harmless. Our clothes would be simple flowing things that is unique to the wearer, changing to however he or she is feeling. If an INFP felt regal, it would be a gown fixed with stars. If broken, morning garb swathed in night. So strong are our emotions would be that we'd radiate them in a glow, maybe even levitate when at their strongest. After all, since when have INFPs ever wanted to conform to logic?

As for our government, I honestly don't think we'd really have one. We'd all be doing our own thing with those we're closest with, and should a conflict arise, we'd just try to cooperate and see what works best for anyone. Since we don't like foisting our problems on others, issues and conflicts would be contained.
We'd wear very special and personal clothes. Some of us would just wear modest, one color clothes. But there'd be democratic 'shops' (if they can be called that) were each of us would tell what kind of design they want and have it made there! Our philosophy would be not to make trends and let everyone be himself, even with the clothes! So it would be strange to find two people wearing the same.

No need for government. We'd have councils in each part of the city / town where neighbors would decide things democratically whenever there's the need. There would be a organization that would watch everything is going alright and act as a 'unifying' force. Representatives of each of the 'towns' would form the org, rotating every 4 years and with the possibility of them being kicked out before that time passes. They wouldn't have political power, they'd just be watching and spotting what can be improved/what's wrong; thinking what we should do... We'd also make heavy use of the internet to ask everyone their opinion in certain things that involve us all. There would be money but limited use and not the main way obtaining most things. Banks of time, plain sharing and similar alternatives would be our choice.

Our schools would follow libertarian teaching principles as well. Children would be taught to live, and not to be "wares" like in our current society. We'd make emphasis in philosophy, poetry and things INFP like. And school would be a place of learning about life and what we have to do to improve it, understanding each student as an individual.

There'd be freedom of religion and freedom to do drugs. With a lot of education on them.

There would be no weapons. Since we are all INFP we can all agree on that. We would try to prevent wars at all costs and not get in much trouble. If they try to invade us we'd try to rely in our kindness and make them see why they are wrong doing it... otherwise we should probably ask for help to, say, the INTP, who would probably have a good relationship with us and would think of ideas to help us.

I love designing utopias.

·
Registered
236 Posts
We'd wear very special and personal clothes. Some of us would just wear modest, one color clothes. But there'd be democratic 'shops' (if they can be called that) were each of us would tell what kind of design they want and have it made there! Our philosophy would be not to make trends and let everyone be himself, even with the clothes! So it would be strange to find two people wearing the same.

No need for government. We'd have councils in each part of the city / town where neighbors would decide things democratically whenever there's the need. There would be a organization that would watch everything is going alright and act as a 'unifying' force. Representatives of each of the 'towns' would form the org, rotating every 4 years and with the possibility of them being kicked out before that time passes. They wouldn't have political power, they'd just be watching and spotting what can be improved/what's wrong; thinking what we should do... We'd also make heavy use of the internet to ask everyone their opinion in certain things that involve us all. There would be money but limited use and not the main way obtaining most things. Banks of time, plain sharing and similar alternatives would be our choice.

Our schools would follow libertarian teaching principles as well. Children would be taught to live, and not to be "wares" like in our current society. We'd make emphasis in philosophy, poetry and things INFP like. And school would be a place of learning about life and what we have to do to improve it, understanding each student as an individual.

There'd be freedom of religion and freedom to do drugs. With a lot of education on them.

There would be no weapons. Since we are all INFP we can all agree on that. We would try to prevent wars at all costs and not get in much trouble. If they try to invade us we'd try to rely in our kindness and make them see why they are wrong doing it... otherwise we should probably ask for help to, say, the INTP, who would probably have a good relationship with us and would think of ideas to help us.

I love designing utopias.
Can this INTP become a naturalized citizen in your wonderful nation?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Can this INTP become a naturalized citizen in your wonderful nation?
Of course, but remember we are totally different species: we look different, we probably eat different things, we of course can't have sexual intercourse together...

We'd just have a deal with several planets for them to do tourism here and whoever wanted would be able to come live. We'd have to decide that first though.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
My children went to a Steiner school for a while and I think it would be a bit like that. Even the photocopier took ages to get around to doing anything. The buildings would all be beautiful and fit perfectly into the landscape - harmoniously. I don't need to write the rest down - I think I might just go and sit in the garden and think about it instead.

·
Premium Member
15,457 Posts
Peaceful and very intelligent.

Way advanced in the Emotional Intelligence department.

Yes, I might be *psychologically projecting*.

:wink:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ah... you would be a wonderland among wonderlands it seems, seeing people mowing the grass on their roofs, with houses that are sandcastles, riding around in bubbles, with clouds that change colors, when it starts raining everyone will start dancing in it, forests will grow from the sky, animals could talk, complete with fairies and yetis as welcome visitors, we would all wear raincoats for daily wear with giant scarfs and swirly glasses with crazy hair...and our planet will be shaped like a huge mushroom ....Our world would probably keep to ourselves a lot and be peacemakers, an easy target for the invasion of other types (even though they wouldn't really gain much strategic leverage if they did invade) Yep, we wouldn't stand a chance. (sorry,got a little bit carried away for a moment:blushed:)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@smolio
Of course, but remember we are totally different species: we look different, we probably eat different things, we of course can't have sexual intercourse together...

We'd just have a deal with several planets for them to do tourism here and whoever wanted would be able to come live. We'd have to decide that first though.
The INTP species would be really fun, I think. Their technology would be all steampunk-like and I can see a rogue gang of INFP-INTP space-explorer-pirate-bards having a lot of fun just sort of popping in and out of places and messing with the system. United, we'd probably be a lot like Time Lords.

Reactions: Saldron

·
Registered
236 Posts

Well we can bond over our commonality of not doing shit.

And that sounds like a lot of work. I think it'd be easier to just get some blue face paint and glitter to blend in. 8P

1 - 15 of 15 Posts